Page 51 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176101 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker III

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    I couldn't help but notice that the concepts they have out on the pier looks like they've found a new way to create the water screens. Fantasmic has the pressurized fan looking jets where as the ones in the concept art show a series of jets shooting up. I'm hoping this will greatly improve the clarity of the projections, as it is one of my biggest concerns about this all water show.
    Yes, I noticed that too. I believe you are right because if you look at this picture:

Then you can clearly see a massive line of water jets. If these are what they will be using for the screens, then the screen will be absolutely massive!

Another thing to note is that Mickeys Face will be dead center in the jets. I bet this was no silly coincidence. But yeah if that is the layout for the show I wonder what the larger colored circles are. Perhaps those will be rigs for puppets like Zerg, Chernabog, and the smaller ones could be the Jelly Fish we see in the Little Mermaid concept art.

I think all of the smaller shapes in the center of all the jets and circles are the leaves, jellyfish, and other props that have been in the concept art. With all of those lines of jets forming that pattern around the center circle(which is most likely the mickey sorceror hat) that jets should be really impressive. I can picture them quickly circling the lagoon and having tinker bell at the lead.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Aside from the turnstyles being further back the first plaza will have plenty of landscaping. There will also be the central planter as soon as you walk into the park.

Will the be the DCA marketing/promotional planter?

• Not-So-New Member

Wow, I haven't seen that before! Holy cow this show is going to be MASSIVE!! Now I'm even more excited for this show than before!
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Will the be the DCA marketing/promotional planter?

I believe that planter was suppose to have the new version of the partner statue. The one with a young Walt and Mickey.

The model shows a flag pole though

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Yes, I noticed that too. I believe you are right because if you look at this picture:

Then you can clearly see a massive line of water jets. If these are what they will be using for the screens, then the screen will be absolutely massive!

Another thing to note is that Mickeys Face will be dead center in the jets. I bet this was no silly coincidence. But yeah if that is the layout for the show I wonder what the larger colored circles are. Perhaps those will be rigs for puppets like Zerg, Chernabog, and the smaller ones could be the Jelly Fish we see in the Little Mermaid concept art.

Is there a legend that indicates which nozzles are the projection ones as opposed to just shooter jets? I remember the promotional projections they did on the Bellagio fountain jets a couple of years ago during the CES. That projection must have been five to six stories high. But they were just projected on their regular shooters, not fans.

The interesting thing about those jets was that they sort of alternated between adjacent jets, each firing resulting in a "pop". So, it was sort of a muted "pop" "pop" "pop" "pop" that was mixed in with the audio of the show. If you've heard the Bellagio show, you'll know what I mean.

The new facades look unreal!!! its very exciting to see some things getting near completion!!!
    "If you want breakfast in bed sleep in the kitchen!"

• I'm not really here

WoC really has the potential to redefine water shows, and not just at Disney, but anywhere. It truly is on a massive scale... and it needs to be to provide a very real alternative to Fantasmic! which still packs in thousands every showing. To compete it has to be absolutely stunning on every level: musically, visually, emotionally.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Paradise Pier sure is gonna look purrty when all is said and done.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    looks really close to the concept art

Close-up of elevation study of Paradise Pier re-theming. Copyright Disney.Report Picture

Picture Added 05-22-2008 01:55 AM
    Added by MasterGracey

Elevation study of Paradise Pier re-theming. Copyright Disney.Report Picture

Picture Added 05-22-2008 01:55 AM
    Added by MasterGracey

in the above art we get a glimpse of the facades for the shops.

I like how its all coming together and at the same time i wish they had gone with the original design

the structures seemed taller and a bit more ornate, I especially like the structure that is covering the ugly screamin support in the middle of the walkway in the left side of the picture

If you look to the far right behind the wheel you will see some of the shop facades will have taller features. I still think the shop facades will be larger and more imposing - which is good. With the way the games are turning out I can't wait to see how the shops turn out. Looking forward to work starting on them.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Pilot EdForceOne

I'm surprised by all the giddyness of the boardwalk games. Sure it looks a lot better.. but its still going to be a bunch of overpriced cash games that no one is really going to want to play. It's going to be a ghosttown just like it was before
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I'm surprised by all the giddyness of the boardwalk games. Sure it looks a lot better.. but its still going to be a bunch of overpriced cash games that no one is really going to want to play. It's going to be a ghosttown just like it was before
    That's exactly what I was thinking too. It would be better if they just had simple prizes like candy and a nominal dime or quarter fee to play the games. Otherwise, it just feels un-Disney to have carny games at the park "pilfering" money from guests who already paid quite a bit at the entrance gate.

• Pilot EdForceOne

The games should be a loss leader that just supports the environment. Set them up so they give out prizes that make it conducive to play a bit on each visit, but with diminishing return so people don't horde the games or drain Disney.

It should be something people want to experience on a trip, but shouldn't be a 'rip off' as part of the experience. Let people play for free, and win something minor that you swap out every few months or something. Heck, even make it a keepsake where kids have a photopass type card.. where they play all the game and once completing all the games they get a 'certificate' like thing with their photo congratulating them or remembering their Disney vacation.. etc.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• DCA FTW!

I'm okay with paying for the games but the prizes need to be greatly improved. The last offering wasn't worth the price/effort to play game.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Use your imagination...

Blue Sky Disney posted a new update about today's closure of King Triton's Carousel:

Hopefully you rode King Triton's Carousel lately, because it goes down tomorrow for a couple months of refurb. Are they going to be putting that beautiful cover that you saw on display at the Blue Sky Cellar?

No, they're not.

It is getting a makeover, but that elaborate roof that was originally planned has been put aside for now. WDI and the Suits have decided that the money they were going to allocate to this project will be put to better use going in attractions. Now, as much as I want to see that beautiful roof over KTC , I'd rather see it put into making an attraction better and more detailed in theming. Also, this doesn't mean it isn't getting anything. There will be a new canopy put atop that will blend in with Midway Mania far better, some new technical electronics for safety concerns and the area is supposed to be repainted to match the look of the new boardwalk area as well.