• Minion

Question Food and Wine festival

Does anyone know the dates for this year? I have gone every other year it is alot of fun.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: Food and Wine festival

Disney's website has the dates listed as April 24-June 7 this year.
    <o>

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

sirloin sliders... yum
    http://findingmickey.com
    the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    Disney's website has the dates listed as April 24-June 7 this year.
    it got moved again,

does the park get crowded when this happens?

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Oh wow. Food & Wine going on during gumball rally? I wonder if my partner will be upset about my new strategy of taking a good lunch break...

OMG OMG OMG!! Guy Fieri on the Sunday of Gumball weekend...yeah, total fangirl moment happening...
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• potterday.org

Am I wrong, or is it significantly longer this year than in previous years?
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• aka the scorpion eater!

Yeah... Guy Fieri... omg... so how much do some of the events and special stuff for the food and wine festival cost... this would be a good idea to squeeze into Sunday... though it says for Guy's event its recommended guests are 21 or older... does this mean my sister could do it since it doesnt say required/must be but instead says recommended? [she is 20 but will be 21 in October when we take our Haunt trip]

Because even though I am 22 if its a no go for her then unfortunately its a no go for me! Especially since she wont be too happy if I split up to do something awesome like that without her.
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    Yeah... Guy Fieri... omg... so how much do some of the events and special stuff for the food and wine festival cost... this would be a good idea to squeeze into Sunday... though it says for Guy's event its recommended guests are 21 or older... does this mean my sister could do it since it doesnt say required/must be but instead says recommended? [she is 20 but will be 21 in October when we take our Haunt trip]

Because even though I am 22 if its a no go for her then unfortunately its a no go for me! Especially since she wont be too happy if I split up to do something awesome like that without her.
    From the web site:

* In accordance with California state law, Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages. Please bring valid identification. Absolutely no one under age 21 may enter any wine, beer or spirit seminar, event or venue, even if accompanied by an adult.
    As for prices, the signature events run from around $60 (does not include pass to the park) per person and up if I remember correctly. I went to one of the wine receptions, and I think my ticket was about $60, not including the black out ticket I had to purchase since the day I went my pass was blocked.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

if anyone has the opputurnity (and money! last year i think we paid 125$ per person) to go to the Taste event, do it! we had an amazingly good time at it last year and would love to do it again this year...but we picked the Gumball Rally over it
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Kathleen and I went to the Guy Fieri evernt last year, and it was well worth what we paid. It was on a Sunday evening at the Napa Rose (in the Grand Californian), and it featured various dishes paired with different wines and explanations. Hopefully we will be attending again this year.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Thought I'd post a few pictures I took last year. Hope you don't mind.

Here's guy at the cocktail hour held just before we went inside the restaurant.

I don't think Guy was thumbing his nose at Disneyland President Ed Grier, who was standing behind him here..

The menu ....

And during each course, Guy talked to us about the particular pairings...

Bon apetit.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    From the web site:

As for prices, the signature events run from around $60 (does not include pass to the park) per person and up if I remember correctly. I went to one of the wine receptions, and I think my ticket was about $60, not including the black out ticket I had to purchase since the day I went my pass was blocked.

well I did read all the info from the website... I just noticed that for Guy's event and the other Chef listed it said "recommended" rather than "required" like some of the other events did because under everything the fine print will usually say something like 21 and over required or must be 21 or over... I just noticed this one said "recommended" rather than "required" but anyhow she is on the tail end of it and will be 21 by the time we take our Haunt trip anyways so there is always next year [not to mention after doing the gumball rally on Saturday it might be cramming in too much into that weekend]... But it would have been a good event to get tickets for but still so much going on that weekend.

Though the menu looks amazing and well worth the ticket price... not to mention... how often do you get to see Guy Fieri hosting an event... his shows on the food network are amazing.... I like his shows about the best roadside diners and dives... its amazing some of the stuff these places make and yummy everything looks.

And oh well... her and I will just go get some nice dinner then on Sunday and make that our "splurge" meal since I can order Adult beverages [obviously responsibly] and she cant [not 21 yet]... LOL! [I love rubbing that in when we both go on vacation] There are plenty of places in the resort hotels and at Downtown Disney. Not to mention there will probably be plenty of other micechatters there that weekend that I am sure we will not be alone when it comes to finding dinner at the resort... LOL!
    Last edited by tamasurvivor; 02-13-2009 at 07:10 AM.
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

The food and wine festival is longer this year. Also some of the events will be happening at the Sun Icon because of the construction going on at the Pacific Wharf area (Fortune Cookie). Please support the Food and Wine Festival. If it's not a huge success and doesn't pay for itself, you might not see it next year!