Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: Haunted Mansion Reopening Date?

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    What's so hip about spreading ashes on the 13th?
    Mansion "freaks" (I love the mansion too...very very much, but not to be "laid to rest" there) want make the Mansion their "final resting place". Loved ones will put spread their ashes in the ride. Disney watches for it. They will stop you and then vacuum up whatever you "laid to rest" in the graveyard. And that's what is "so hip" about ashes and the Mansion.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Curiouser and Curiouser

I heard that there are real ghosts that haunt the mansion because of all the ashes being sprinkled throughout the years. Have any of you guys seen any ghosts there?

I am really excited for Friday the 13th. Haunted Mansion is one of my absolute favorite rides. I wonder how long the wait time will be.
    ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦
    Yana
    ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

• Banned User

People need to stop spreading ashes in the HM. All it does is force Disney to close the ride for a while so they can vacuum up your loved one's mortal remains. That's a major inconvenience for the other guests, and for what? Look, if someone wants to come back as a ghost and haunt the Mansion, they can do that without having the ashes there...

• Missing an Angel

According to my reference guide it reopens the 14th.

Maybe a soft opening on the 13th?

• I'm a Lutheran

I believe it opens this Saturday, that's what the DL calendar says. But it could easily change and it probably will because Friday the 13th makes a lot of sense for a haunted house and all. I think they maybe making some changes to the ride, it usually isn't down this long to remove the overlay, they probably added a few things since it turns forty this year.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Disneyland Resort - Detecting Browser Properties . . .

The Haunted Mansion will clearly NOT be open on the 13th.

• Yo!

^ I wouldn't use the DL calendar as the go-to for official information. Even that calendar can be wrong (and it happens quite frequently).
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Mortals pay a token fee.

Quote Originally Posted by CASurfer65 View Post
    But it is down way too long each year for the overlay.

It's becoming less appealing to me because of it, and I'm not sure I like it enough to see Mansion down for so long each year.
    Quite agreed my good friend.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    it's usually down for three weeks (Sept and Jan) to add/remove the overlay. I would also imagine w/ the party, something would new be revealed (we'll see...and I hope...but most likely not).
    I might have to agree with you on that second point because as you pointed out, it does only normally take a few weeks. It will be interesting to see if something actually will come out of it, and I will be quite excited. I won't be able to make it this weekend unfortunately but I look forward to some trip reports!

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    The Haunted Mansion will clearly NOT be open on the 13th.
    I wouldn't be quite so quick to judge either... When PotC was refurbed, I waited diligently outside for five hours the day before they said they were opening waiting for the soft opening. I was assured several times by suits that they would not have any soft openings, during these hours, but was happily let on as the first guest to ride the new attraction. Disney is infamous for un-announced soft openings, and it is wise to keep a lookout for them. I mean, how terrible would it be to have rusty CMs working the day of the expected opening? Gotta brush up on ride stops!

I am floored at the lack of rumors surrounding this refurb. Typically, the ride goes down on January 3(ish), and is up by January 21(also ish). Small World then closes on the 21st, and reopens on Feb 2nd or something.

This year was an exception, because Small World had a big redo. As for the Mansion, it's being closed for 6 weeks, twice the normal length. This is in the "wake" (Hah) of major changes to Florida's Mansion in late 2007.

It seems pretty obvious that they are making some changes, or at least doing something substantial. Perhaps the wandering voice in the stretch room, the endless staircase scene, finally adjusting the poorly-placed lights that were added a few years ago (You could see the ceiling tiles), or maybe adding Disney characters. Either way, I'm shocked at the lack of information surrounding this.

That, and the peeling paint on the Astro Orbitor. The Disney "community" has been pretty weak lately, eh? Marcie at Mouseinfo needs to come back.

The schedule online says the 14th, but it might have soft on the 13th. I can't go either day I am going to try to make it up on Sunday. It's a holiday weekend so it will be packed!!!!
    ^v^Pamela^v^

It will re open tommorow. Dont get to excited nothing new was added just some improvments to operations.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Last night....

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Special Agent

They were having soft opening's for CMs yesterday, I believe.

• Sock Puppet

It doesn't make any difference to us since we'll be at the Park from tomorrow thru sunday.

I'm sure we'll enjoy it a few times. At least.

Hope it works out for all of you!

The Haunted Mansion was open today about 1 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast