Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Weird and funny things u do at the parks!!!!!!!

EDIT: I'M GONNA HAVE A POLL ON THE TOP TEN FUNNIEST THINGS U DO SOON. SINCE THE POLL ONLY ALLOWS TEN, I CAN ONLY DO TEN!!!! SO PM ME IF YOU WANT TO SUBMIT YOURS. IT"S FOR FUN AND THERE IS NO PRIZE. THE POLL WILL BE UP SOON AS I GET ENOUGH> I WILL PICK THE BEST TEN AND PPL WILL VOTE! GOOD LUCK!

(IF U HAVE ALREADY POSTED IT JUT RESEND IT ME)

Okay so you guys know about my fun threads like Funniest thing u ever heard saw at Dland!!!!!! thread and my most popular thread ever your BIGGEST pet peeve!

Ok so I'm going to start another thread for fun!!!!!!! On this thread I would like to hear fun things you do at the Disneyland resort!

Now this could be funny traditions, wacko things you used to do, or just strange or unique things you do know with friends, family, strangers, or yourself. Her's one of mine.....

I love talking to random people at Grizzley Rapids! Actully sometimes me and my best friend will go without our group so we can ride with raandom ppl!!!!!

I love talking to ppl from out of state or out of country and hering there opinions!
    Last edited by Dlandclub33; 02-18-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Wink re: Weird and funny things u do at the parks!!!!!!!

I find it funny that my teens will ride the rides over and over again in the single rider line. So much so, that when the pics are taken, they are doing things like, yawning, sleeping, or even playing their Nintendo DS with calm faces... (I don't see HOW they can do this, other than they are young and the ride doesn't keep take their breath away as it does me at my age!)

Also, now on CA Screamin'... my husband loves to stand by the water, where the coaster stops and takes off. When we get on, we put our arms up a different way, so he can spot us, and takes pics of our reaction to the take off. It's hilarious actually!

We also like to spot the hidden mickeys all over the park. As we got older, we are learning to enjoy other hidden beauties of the park, which makes it relaxing. We have never counted the mickey's, we just note "oh hey, that looks like another hidden mickey!"

And, it's funny as we get older, that we go back in time as kids, and get excited again to get our pics taken with the characters. It helps me forget the outside world, and get to be a kid again! We play along with the Jungle Cruise skipper on the jokes.... and banter back and forth with them. My sister is really good at this!

My only thing I was wanting was a pic of me with Jack Sparrow. And the whole time we seen him, he was interacting with the lil ones the most, and you have seen the hoards of women following him. I just wanted a quick pic, and that was it. Wasn't happenin.... ah well.

We love the sing the tunes in all the Fantasyland rides. And I love to ride the caboose on the Casey Jr. Circus Train!

On Grizzly, we love to ride with different people we don't know, and we all laugh and try to figure out who will get wet, because you never know how the boat turns. It appears you won't, then you do. We always tell the others. uh oh, watch our, YOU will be next, hahha, he who laughs NOW, laughs LAST... etc...

Or or.... we pretend to race the Matterhorn Bobsleds with the other track next to us. We all yell, leannnnnn!!!!!!!!! and we lean into the turns, and it usually gets the other sled into too!

My oldest son was a outgoing kid when he was young, and he got picked to do all kinds of things. He was picked by Mickey to put an ornament on the Christmas tree on Main Street.. He was picked to make up a secret word in the Aladdin show, and he was picked to pull the sword out by Merlin in the ceremony... Not by timing either. He's just a character.

When you go to Disneyland so much as we do, even from out of state, you find fun things to do while you are there. We have traditions, bigtime!
    (still trying to get us all to put our arms up on Splash Mtn for the traditional family pic on there!, to no avail) The hubby doesn't like the drop and always has a look of fright in those pics.. haha!
    ~Dead Men Tell No Tales~

• Honorary Mermaid.

re: Weird and funny things u do at the parks!!!!!!!

Every ride that has a picture taken on it, my friends and I HAVE to make a face.
    Screaming will not do.
    And we plan out what we're gonna do before we get on the ride.

Also, every time we're on Soarin' Over California we scream "BAY AREA!" and "510!" and cheer when The Golden Gate Bridge comes on. I know, it seems annoying, but it's fun, and it's only for like, what? 2 seconds?, and we get all the people from the bay area in on it too. SO HAH.

Quote Originally Posted by ~WiLdOrCa!~ View Post
    I find it funny that my teens will ride the rides over and over again in the single rider line. So much so, that when the pics are taken, they are doing things like, yawning, sleeping, or even playing their Nintendo DS with calm faces... (I don't see HOW they can do this, other than they are young and the ride doesn't keep take their breath away as it does me at my age!)
    My friends and I do pictures like those every so often (I usually try to think up new ones each time, but only have come up with a couple thus far). Only have two handy (I'm the one with the camera in the first picture - that's the one I end up doing most. Usually gets quite a few comments when people go to look at their pictures, on Screamin' anyway).

(if the pictures above this text don't show up, reply to my post so I can upload them somewhere else)

Also have done the DS picture, had a group of 5 or 6 on Tower with me reading the park map looking confused while everyone else points outside the shaft to the attraction I'm looking for, been on the phone, and a few others I can't recall at the moment.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Screaming, yelling, and cheering for performers and characters during the parades. They really do love it when we do this, and so do the people surrounding us. I think my friends and I have been thanked a few times from people saying that they got great pictures and videos because of our enthusiasm.

Speed walking (if we're close enough) all the way next to the Explorer Canoes to say hello to all the characters on the Mark Twain toward the end of F!. I've actually accomplished saying, "Hi, -enter character's name here-!" a couple times on a couple breaths of air before they leave into the darkness of the ROA (thank you voice lessons!).

I LOVE to entertain children by making faces (even when their parent isn't paying attention). And making faces/poses on rides, of course.

• Banned User

Well I always love playing with the little ones, makes me wanna have my own, they're parents always find it amusing and thank me! Hehe Also this one time I went to Goofy's kitchen with my friend and she stole a fork for her doddlepoppers collection. She seriously has a collection I'm not joking!! She also sings like ariel and is very princess looking, would make a PERFECT Belle!

• I love my family!

I ring the Main Street firehouse bell.

I always stop just outside the berm, off to the side and take the time to read the plaque. As I take the words in, words that I have had memorized since I was a child, I feel my breathing slow a little. I feel my tension and stress just run off my body like rain down a storm drain. It's silly, but it's very zen like. I would almost call it a meditation, but it's very brief. Once I pass through that tunnel and on to Mainstreet USA I have transformed physically and mentally. I have been told that I have a glow about me. I am a very shy, introspective and introverted person generally, but once I'm inside that berm I am very social and outgoing. I find myself free to "play". I buy into Disneyland totally. The park has a spirit and a living soul if you will that totally recharges me creatively and spiritually...

OK, all of that is true, but I'm sure it sounds awfully strange. I have the worst bronchitis of my life, and cannot sleep. I haven't really slept well for days and I think I'm a little out there right now...even for me.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

exclamation points!

• AW THERE U R.

I do a lot of things when I go into the park. Usually I eat ice cream. It's the best. also, I usually watch Fan!, usually i'm working it, but yeah haha

• in the Golden Afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    Also, every time we're on Soarin' Over California we scream "BAY AREA!" and "510!" and cheer when The Golden Gate Bridge comes on. I know, it seems annoying, but it's fun, and it's only for like, what? 2 seconds?, and we get all the people from the bay area in on it too. SO HAH.
    i'm from the bay area too, i'll have to do that next time

• Vasooki-land Owner

I always do wacky pictures for CA Screamin.

I've done the DS, and once I was looking at the park map.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

Re: Weird and funny things u do at the parks!!!!!!!

Whenever I ride Mr. Toad, I put a quarter in the mouth of that statue of him in the queue window.
    Little kids can't help but stick their hands in his mouth, and it's always fun to watch their faces when they pull the quarter out.
    Just a way to create a little extra magic for the little ones among us.

• MC, this is LD

I know there are lots of little things that I do while, I'm at the parks, but I can't seem to get my brain working today. One thing I can remember doing is holding up the number of fingers corresponding to the brake zones on 'Screamin. Another thing I like to do is watch Fan! while eating at Zocalo (see location). I then run to get a spot for the 10pm showing... It is multifunctional. One more thing I like to do is ride HM possibly the most possible amount of times.

Me and my friends like to go on alice in wonderland and when the ride comes to the part where it goes back outside we like to growl in our death metal voices. It always freaks ppl out waiting in line.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast