• 2nd star to the right...

Cool SheRox is BACK at Disneyland Resort!!!

New to the boards and wanted to throw up my latest, exciting discovery! Last year I was able to participate in Danskin's Women Triathlon in DCA and LOVED every second of it! It was the perfect venue for my first triathlon!

This year, I've invited a friend who could really use the boost and I'm very excited to report that, while the date is TBA, the Triathlon is back in Disneyland Resort! This time, the distances are LONGER (.5 mile swim vs. last year's .3 mile swim, 12 mile bike vs last year's 10 mile ride, and 3.1 mile run vs last year's 2 mile run).

With the DCA lagoon being empty, I'm wondering if we'll be swimming in the Rivers of America this year? That would be AWESOME!!! I'm pretty sure they won't let us swim in the Submarine lagoon. lol

I'm hoping that one of my podcast pals will come and support the cause (breast cancer research) and report from the area. If anyone knows of an interested podcast, let me know! Thanks!

• AW THERE U R.

Re: SheRox is BACK at Disneyland Resort!!!

Uh you realllly don't want to swim in the river. Haha..But thats great, i'm excited!

LOL I know. It's far from my first choice, but oh well! How many people can say they've swam in just about every body of water in Disneyland that you can?! I was one of the first 2000 in the DCA lagoon and lived to tell the tale!
    (For the record, they treated the water so it would be safe for us, but it was still mucky!)
    - J. Darling
    Singer, songwriter, paper pusher, boxer owner, student, and all around Disney fanatic.
    Loving my Disneyland Annual Pass!
    Next trip to WDW: 12/1-12/6/09!
    Next trip to DLR: This week!
    See ya in the parks!

• AW THERE U R.

Quote Originally Posted by JDarling View Post
    LOL I know. It's far from my first choice, but oh well! How many people can say they've swam in just about every body of water in Disneyland that you can?! I was one of the first 2000 in the DCA lagoon and lived to tell the tale!
    (For the record, they treated the water so it would be safe for us, but it was still mucky!)
    oh man if you do swin in the river they would have to drain it and re-fill it. it smells soo bad. when you get off the canoes after a long day you have to get a new pair of pants and shirt because you smell soo bad hahahaah.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

We were staying at the Hilton last June when this was going on. What a wonderful adventure. I loved that you could even set up a relay team if you did not swim, bike or run. Please keep me posted as to the date/registration and I may join all the wild women on their adventure.

Talking Re: SheRox is BACK at Disneyland Resort!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pratt55 View Post
    We were staying at the Hilton last June when this was going on. What a wonderful adventure. I loved that you could even set up a relay team if you did not swim, bike or run. Please keep me posted as to the date/registration and I may join all the wild women on their adventure.
    I'll definately keep you guys updated! I would start training NOW if you plan on doing it though! I'll be adding my previous triathlon blog to www.jjourneybook.blogspot.com so stay tuned to my blog if you'd like to see pictures and learn about my experiences from last year.
    - J. Darling
    Singer, songwriter, paper pusher, boxer owner, student, and all around Disney fanatic.
    See ya in the parks!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JDarling View Post
    New to the boards and wanted to throw up my latest, exciting discovery! Last year I was able to participate in Danskin's Women Triathlon in DCA and LOVED every second of it! It was the perfect venue for my first triathlon!

This year, I've invited a friend who could really use the boost and I'm very excited to report that, while the date is TBA, the Triathlon is back in Disneyland Resort! This time, the distances are LONGER (.5 mile swim vs. last year's .3 mile swim, 12 mile bike vs last year's 10 mile ride, and 3.1 mile run vs last year's 2 mile run).

With the DCA lagoon being empty, I'm wondering if we'll be swimming in the Rivers of America this year? That would be AWESOME!!! I'm pretty sure they won't let us swim in the Submarine lagoon. lol

I'm hoping that one of my podcast pals will come and support the cause (breast cancer research) and report from the area. If anyone knows of an interested podcast, let me know! Thanks!

Allow me to be the first to officially welcome you to Micechat, JDarling!

I remember this event from last year. It sounds fun, if you have trained to do it. As far as the Rivers of America are concerned, if they go in that direction, I sure hope they fill the participants up with antibiotics before sending them in there. I don't want to think about what is in that brown, murky water. Ducks, left over pyro fuel, churros from 1985...

• Hello

Cool Re: SheRox is BACK at Disneyland Resort!!!

That would be pretty interesting, swimming in the Rivers of America.

Well, I was just in Disneyland yesterday and I think it's safe to say that DCA is DEFINATELY out of the running. Signs are posting that the lagoon won't be reopening until Spring of 2010! So... I'm definately thinking River's of America. I'm doubting they'll put us in the lagoon in Tomorrowland, though that would have a better transition area...

For those that aren't familiar with triathlons, you go directly from the water to run a short distance to throw on your shoes and grab your bike, so there really usually isn't a TON of space between the water and the transition area.

Also, last year the transition area had to have room for 1700 bikes to be racked. If that holds true this year, then I can't really even think of a place with that much room.. Hmm...

Last year, we pretty much took over 1/2 the Timon Parking lot!
    - J. Darling
    See ya in the parks!

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    As far as the Rivers of America are concerned, if they go in that direction, I sure hope they fill the participants up with antibiotics before sending them in there. I don't want to think about what is in that brown, murky water. Ducks, left over pyro fuel, churros from 1985...

They can add a new event to the triathlon- RoA treasure diving!
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Hopefully they won't make us dive for our metals. lol
    - J. Darling
    See ya in the parks!