Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Addicted to Disneyhol

Fireworks Testing

I searched as best as I could, but couldn't find the answer to my question, so I thought that you all were probably my best bet. So here it is.
    Does any one know where Disney test their fireworks? And I don't mean in the park testing, because I obviously would know where that is.
    Thanks in advance for your answers.

• Minion

Re: Fireworks Testing

Do u mean the full shows or single shells?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

They tested the new tinkerbell rig for the 50th in vegas

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• I'm not really here

I'm sure they have a site somewhere where they can do testing... but I haven't heard anything besides Vegas when they were working on Tinkerbell for the 50th. But when they say Vegas, it probably means "out in the desert somewhere in the region of Vegas" or a warehouse somewhere.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

There are few fireworks companies that you can hire to put together the "show". That is they pick the type of shells to go where and when with the music. I assumed that Disney hired one of these companies to do that and that Disney only has employees to set-up and run the show.

Testing to be done by the company hired before delivery to Disneyland.

Does anyone know what company has put together the shows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Disney choreographs and directs its own firework shows. They buy pyrotechnics from several outside companies.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    Disney choreographs and directs its own firework shows. They buy pyrotechnics from several outside companies.
    Beat me to it. Early last year I was searching for pyrotechnics information and actually came across a purchase sheet from Disney for shells for R...DCT. I'll have to see if I can dig it up again. It was on a site discussing how to become a licensed pyrotechnician.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Very cool...Thanks mrfantasmic and mycroft16.

I learned something new today !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lightbulb Re: Fireworks Testing

A lot is also done with computers compared to a smaller show (at a local fair or something)... so Disney can plan out everything and pretty much know exactly what will happen before the actual shells are launched. Before the 50th there was a lot of R-DCT show testing after the park closed at night. So the "tests" were at the park itself, you could watch if you were close enough to Anaheim. The air launch system installed a while back also helps the show control.

'Remember' was the last big show they put together so there hasn't been much testing since then. It's only really needed when they are working on something new. They only added a few things here and there to the Holiday Believe show which came from Remember effects, so the techs knew what it would already look like.

(Of course not fireworks related, but another good example of a computer controlled show is the Bellagio fountains in Vegas. I think it was TLC or the Discovery Channel explained how the show matched exactly to what they planned for on computers. Even when it's windy they know what changes to make/what it will look like.)
    Last edited by Wesley815; 02-11-2009 at 01:48 PM.
    -Wes

• Addicted to Disneyhol

Thanks for the info all. I was wondering more about the testing of shells. And if they did show testing off site.

The reason I first wondered was because on my way home I saw fireworks from the freeway near my house and I went to investigate. It was at the speedway, so I thought maybe there was a race, but the place was closed and dark. There didn't seem to be an patteren to suggest a show run through, so I thought that maybe they were testing shells. Some were ones I hadn't seen before, but really liked. So I, always having Disney on the brain, liked pretending it was Disney testing new shells. Then I wondered if they really do do (hehehe) off site testing and came here to ask.

Thats the story of my question. The End.

• Minion

Oh I see

• The one and only

Quote Originally Posted by redjag View Post
    I searched as best as I could, but couldn't find the answer to my question, so I thought that you all were probably my best bet. So here it is.
    Does any one know where Disney test their fireworks? And I don't mean in the park testing, because I obviously would know where that is.
    Thanks in advance for your answers.
    hey, you're the redjag that did the defying gravity fireworks, right?
    i'm the jordiekins that karaoke...errr -fied them.

• Addicted to Disneyhol

Quote Originally Posted by Jordiekins View Post
    hey, you're the redjag that did the defying gravity fireworks, right?
    i'm the jordiekins that karaoke...errr -fied them.
    Why hello! I am. How funny that you found me. Thats so cool! But it sucks that youtube made me take the music out. Copy right something or other. It's up soundless though.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Area 54

the number changes as the park gets older.

• Addicted to Disneyhol

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Area 54

the number changes as the park gets older.
    And so must its location! Tricky tricky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast