Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

TOT Movie? (& Question)

I know they already made that awesome Tower of Terror TV movie, but it looks like, according to some reports, they want to make it a "real" movie. (SOURCE)

Pirates of the Caribbean seemed to work. The Haunted Mansion didn't seem to work. Will another, more cinematic TOT work?

I guess my discussion question is - if you had to pick a ride for Disney to make into a movie (among the rides that aren't already tied in with films), what would you pick?

I'll probably get crucified for this, but I think a Jungle Cruise movie has the potential to be successful. Imagine a crew of stereotypical characters (and hopefully a decent cast) in an adventure/comedy set to the concept of the ride. Maybe the crew could get lost and encounter wildlife a la Jumanji. Just a thought - what do you think?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: TOT Movie? (& Question)

If they really want it to work... I think it should be a for real Twilight Zone movie. Not something family friendly per se. I'm not saying it needs to be rated R... but it needs to have a great story and all that.

Has anyone even seen that Steve Guttenberg whatever?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

I say do a ToT movie, a good one!!!!!!!!! Pg-13 with a good story and all of each character the day that the accident happened. If u've seen the movie the best part is the begining flashback.

The idea of a jungle cruise movie sounds good. I don't know if a "Jumanji" type adventure would be good. I'm kinda thinking of searching for treasure or lost person adventure would be better. What about an old West adventure with a tie in to Big Thunder. Maybe a runaway train?

• Zephyr Pilot

Jungle Cruise should definitely get a movie, as long as it's just as epic at the PotC movies. Or half as epic. I'll take half.

• always, the freaky cat

Ooh, I know--it's a small world--all the Disney characters in one animated feature, travelling around the world?

No?

How about a movie about an old steam train that's really a time machine which travels to the past and future? It can star Brendon Fraser, no doubt.

Hmm, maybe not.

Big Thunder might make for a good movie.. Something about miners finding gold in the mountain and setting up the town of Rainbow Ridge, only to discover that the mountain in which they had dug their mines was an old Indian sacred site. Soon, all kinds of misfortune comes to the settlers, like earthquakes & cave-ins. They abandon the town and their mines, but people still see the mine trains moving along the rails... with no engineer. (that is, as best as I can recall, the back-story to Big Thunder...)

But then, how would you end a movie like that in a way that is appropriate to Disney, and yet not too cheesy?

• Minion

Do JC too! But Don't change the ride like PoC did!

• =)

I've always thought a BTMRR film could be a lot of fun.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Has anyone even seen that Steve Guttenberg whatever?
    I have. I tried to have Disney give me a one and a half hour discount on my annual pass but we couldn't agree on a dollar figure.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by diznimom View Post
    The idea of a jungle cruise movie sounds good. I don't know if a "Jumanji" type adventure would be good. I'm kinda thinking of searching for treasure or lost person adventure would be better. What about an old West adventure with a tie in to Big Thunder. Maybe a runaway train?
    Well, I dunno about the searching for treasure or lost person thing would work. I think a tour boat or something getting lost would make more sense. And think of the sequels! Different cruises could get lost in different areas of the world! Lol

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Jungle Cruise could be a movie bout researchers who get lost in the wild perhaps. Of course they'd have to encounter trader sam, natives, and a lot of animals.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder seem like the obvious choices, aye...but a Tower of Terror, spooky, not watered down, all-out horror film would please me greatly with expanded stuff about the hotel being haunted, and make it a dramatic period piece...kind of in the vein of The Haunting film from the forties. That would be my choice. Big Thunder has potential though, with a slightly comedic but not cheesy store of the mining town of Rainbow Ridge and the cursed gold mining operation, and it could have some nods to the Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland as well...rainbow caverns, anyone?

• Senior Minion

This is synergitastic!
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

Tower of Terror should be true to it's Twilight Zone roots as that was one of the disappointments in the tv movie. And i thought they were making a Jungle Cruise movie already.

The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• Goofy

tot movie would be good to see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast