Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Santa Barbara, CA

Let's not forget the broken promise of Progress City. I for one actually believed I was going to one day live there. My parents had to drag me away from that big model. The death of optimism, hello bronze paint.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

[QUOTE=innerSpaceman]Sorry to digress, but I found CoP to be a hokey piece of totally outdated theater that I would not like to see revived. I don't object to the concept of moving through past decades to arrive at the future, but the cornball script and the shameless product plugging on behalf of General Electric would have to be left out of any future version of this show if it were to be successful in modern times. Oh, and the fiction of Mother and Father remaining practically ageless, much less still alive, from the 1890's all the way through the 1980's was absurd and a little insulting to the audience's intelligence./QUOTE]

While I understand completely what you are saying, I really didn't mind the corny nature of the show. It's Disneyland and there are a lot of corny things going on there. I found it no more insulting than riding a flying elephant or going down a rabbit hole. My point is this; yes, it's corny, but I like corny.

I was so excited to see CoP again when I visitied WDW in 2003. I hadn't seen it since I was a kid, but I had the soundtrack from the DisneyForever music kiosks.

I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED. The music and voices were completely different and the charm was gone. Frankly, I thought it was just awful.

Why didn't they keep it intact? Bad decision, bad decision.

• Know More Than You Should

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    the one in WDW is the exact SAME one that was in Disneyland, they litteraly lifted it out and shipped it over to WDW

just like Disneyland's was the exact SAME carousol used in the world's fair (just like our Small World and Great moments with Lincoln are also from that fair)
    That's not actually true. Will the theater and animatronics are the same, the show was redone with new actors and a slightly altered script. The 1964 version is in yesterland.

• Wannabe Aviator!

Miss it horribly.

I too remember as a child that I thought that the animatronics were real. Of course when I discovered that they weren't...that did not lessen the magic for me, it actually increased it!
    "...and you'll want to stow away cameras, purses, hats, and of course...these little
    beauties!"

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    That's not actually true. Will the theater and animatronics are the same, the show was redone with new actors and a slightly altered script. The 1964 version is in yesterland.
    youknow what I meant though

same system, same robots, same scenes with slight alterations

Lincoln has changed with time too but we still say he's the same one from the Worlds Fair

our smallworld changes for the holiday and it is still the EXACT same small world from teh World's fair

I went to WDW with several of my fraternity brothers a few years ago and went on CoP. I was HIGHLY underwhelmed. My mom once told me that one day I would get old and everything I thought was really cool as a kid would become out dated... When I went there... that stood out first and formost in my mind. I could see where it would have been cool then but in 2005 there is no feasible way to bring that idea to an audience and make it work.

Innoventions is based on that idea and imho the reason why it doesn't work is BECAUSE it is based on that idea. I believe the new concept that entertainment and WDI is putting into Innoventions will help but... it will always suffer because at its core is a vision of a tomorrow that came 5 years ago...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12