Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Is it my imagination, or does the Indy ride completely suck now?

My daughter got to ride Indy for the very first time on the 10th. It was also my first ride in at least 6 years.

The first disapointment was that the fast pass merge point still had us waiting 20 minutes (they had only one load side open).

I had fun showing my daughter all the neat things in the queue (she pulled the rope and was really sorry to have made the person below fall down).

Maybe my mind is foggy these days, but the ride was NOTHING like I remembered it.

First off, I distinctly recall the first chamber seemingly offering a choice of three paths (but I remember that only one was ever taken). I remember there were always three doors that all looked alike, and the glowing eyes and mist. On this occasion, only the center door was even lit, and one of the statue's eyes was completely dim.

Once inside the main ride, it seemed too dark. Again, we had been in line for 20 minutes, so our eyes were adjusted. It was just so darned dark, that I couldn't even tell where we were half the time.

The bug projections that were supposed to be illumated by our headlights ween't lit until they were at the side of our vehicle, so that didn't make sense.

it just seemed so....off from what I recall.

Plus, it seemed WAY more jerky than it used to - uncomfortably jerky. Maybe they increased the movement effects during a recent rehab?

Funny, because I recall complaining a few years back about Dinosaur! being so violent in its movement and that Indy was the superior ride. After this Tuesday, I'm not so sure anymore....

In my opinion, Orlando's Mummy ride (not Hollywood's awful one) is superior to both Disney rides. From the brain fire to scarab attack to backwards motion to treasure room effects to the fake ending, it's just a better all around ride. Really sad, since before ths most recent ride, Indy held a higher position than Mummy.

So has anyone else noticed a lack of care in Indy in the past few years?
    Last edited by BrianFuchs; 02-11-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Re: Is it my imagination, or does the Indy ride completely suck now?

It may have a few bugs that need to be fixed but I always have a huge grin on my face everytime I ride.

I do hate the Fastpass and it's walkway right next to the regular line. Sucks seeing someone walk right past you with a big ol grin while you are stuck there waiting.

• =)

The Chamber of Promise (the room with the three doors) [EDIT: Gasp! I cannot believe I dropped the ball on that. It's the Chamber of DESTINY. Sorry!] usually works. That's unfortunate that it wasn't lit properly when you rode it. Also, you can indeed take any of the three paths - it's always been that way - although they only appear to be different.

I don't know if the lights have been turned down over the years, but I doubt it. Attractions like this need to be fairly dark in order for the effects to be convincing, and the darkness can increase the drama, as well. It's possible that the attraction was just not having a good day or moment when you rode - I remember one time a year or so ago when I rode it and all the lighting seemed out of whack, much like you're describing it.

The headlights in the bug room are indeed a little problematic. I do wish they'd adjust those a bit.
    Last edited by Datameister; 02-13-2009 at 12:17 PM.

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by Tool
    Sucks seeing someone walk right past you with a big ol grin while you are stuck there waiting.
    Well, you could have been one of those people with a big grin on your face. Maybe you'll make a different choice next time?

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
    Well, you could have been one of those people with a big grin on your face. Maybe you'll make a different choice next time?
    Ever heard of wanting to go on something on the spurt of the moment?

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Quote Originally Posted by Tool View Post
    Yes, it's called spontaneity, and it is something that all visitors should avoid if they want to have a good time.

Nothing worse than standing around on Main Street, looking at a park map like chickens in the dust, while other people with plans are running to Space Mountain.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• When Will It Return?

Ever heard of the consequences of choices? You're free to have all the spontaneity you want, but you get what comes with it. If getting a ticket a few hours ahead of time ruins your spur of the moment desires, which aren't really spur of the moment considering the average wait time for Indy is 45mins FP or no FP, then I guess you'll just be watching those happy FP'ers walk by. I'll wave to you.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Consequences of my choices? A little dramatic, no? No worries I'll happily be looking for your condescending wave next time I ride.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Wow, fastest derail in MiceChat history!

To answer the OP's questions, the ride's always darkish, but I've never ridden it when it was too dark to see (and I have issues with seeing in low light conditions; they make navigating the walk-through portion of HM interesting). One of Mara's eyes has been defective for AGES, though.

I actually thought there was a thread on here about the movements of the ride being toned down, but I personally don't remember when it opened well enough to say if that's so.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• When Will It Return?

Consequences of my choices? A little dramatic, no? No worries I'll happily be looking for your condescending wave next time I ride.
    Yes. You asked if I'd ever heard of wanting to go on something at the spur of the moment, but I'm the dramatic/condescending one. Gotcha.

Don't worry I'm not angry, I'll still smile with a big ol' grin on my face & wave as I walk by. Oh but wait, you might be buried in the stand-by queue over by the snake statues and might not even see me wave. Aww..

• Stop That!

No, but I've heard of the spurt of the moment getting on something...

• Senior Minion

In terms of roughness which seat you're in has a pretty bing impact. Back corners are the most violent. The other stuff often has issues, some things more than other, but that's pretty rare to have that many problems in one ride. Sounds like bad luck. When everything is working it's still an amazing attraction, but I can't compare it to the FL Mummy since I've never been on it.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• =)

^ Right you are, Oncle Robert. Your seat makes a big impact on the roughness of the attraction - back corners are quite vigorous, the front center is relatively gentle, and everything else is somewhere in between.

• Kingdom Comedian

It's your imagination...it doesn't "completely suck."

Honestly.

Does it still have fantastic design and detail? Yes

Do you still get immersed in Indiana Jones's world? Yes

Is it still a fun face paced ride? Yes

Are there still sweet special effects? Yes

Is there even ONE part where you survive a nuclear explosion while hiding in a fridge? No

It's rules! Next case?

• Legends never die...

The Chamber of Promise, with the three doors, was broken the last three times I went, so I'm surprised you saw anything at all. As I've said before, I wish they would just shut the ride down for a bit and give its due in TLC!

...man that spurt of the moment stuff got awkward fast.
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast