Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

Its Honest Abe's 200th, so honestly where's Abe??

Today marked the 200th Birthday of Abraham Lincoln, with out a doubt Walt Disney's favorite historical person. And yet the Disney Co could not even with all the advance notice in the world of this event find a way to bring back a cherished, inspirational, and vital part of Disneyland History? Instead we have weak video that is years out of date now in the Main St auditorium. Do they mean to tell us that they:

1. Didn't foresee the coming of this 200th birthday event?

2. They didn't already have plans to replace the out of date and film playing to mostly empty seats with anything new?

3. They could not have removed the screen and dusted off old Honest Abe hiding back there in the wings?

4. They could not have shipped a backup duplicate from florida over here?

5. They could not have the foresight, imagination and will power to design a new and even better stirring, emotional and patriotic tribute to perhaps our greatest president utilizing the latest up to date technology and artistic imagination??

Forget the ISASW marketing redo fiasco, the suffocating monorail disaster, the DCA failure this one missed opportunity speaks massive volumes about how far this company has fallen from its glory days when Walt was alive, he and his imagineers would force into creation great new innovative infotainment breakthroughs in a matter of months, from scratch and not borrowing from other but being the initiators and innovaters they dreamed of bringing Abraham Lincoln to life in a new realistic 3 D animation show presentation for the world to see at the Illinois pavillion and then onto Disneyland. From nothing they invented AA technology and with the skills of the sculptors the great oration of the actor Royal Dano who's voice sears into the minds of the listeners Abe's greatest speaches they brought to life standing before our eyes and looking into our faces the man at the center of one of greatest moments in history and they did all this in just a few months of hard work while created dozens and dozens of other innovating show technology, the Omnimover design then went on to be used in Innerspace and the Haunted Mansion, the peoplmover wheel within track design, the dinosaur diorama that still to this day amazes us, AND the entire Its a small world ride not to mention the carousel of progress ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Disney co and we as a nation have fallen a great distance from the greatness of imagination, creativity and will power to get things done they must have had back in the 60's during the space age which Walt Disney also played a part in promoting with this fillms on space travel he created with Werner Von Braun.

This "de-evolution" of human greatness is very very sad.
    Last edited by GothicManor; 02-12-2009 at 08:10 PM.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Re: Its Honest Abe's 200th, so honestly where's Abe??

I had no idea it was his birthday today. I guess Charles Darwin is more awesome, according to Google and I.

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

It is sad that Tony Baxter couldn't get it together for Lincoln.

• The line's too long...

De-evolution and stagnation are alive and well in America, but I'm hopeful evolution will continue in some other parts of the world. Americans have lost the nerve to be great, and are now just trying to hold on to what they already have. It takes hubris to aspire to the grandeur and glory of what's never been done before, but as we've discovered the only hubris left is the pursuit of the most profit by the least amount of work and art. Don't despair though, hopefully other cultures and nations will carry the banner of evolution to take humankind to the next level as, unfortunately, America has allowed itself to enter the long, slow slide of decay.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialImperium View Post
    I guess Charles Darwin is more awesome, according to Google and I.
    Yeah, who needs national unity or freed slaves when you can be contemplating the processes that produce new species?

• Destroyer of Mallcore

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Yeah, who needs national unity or freed slaves when you can be contemplating the processes that produce new species?

I like Lincoln...The film that will star Liam Neeson

but the actual Lincoln is a bit sketchy. I wont get into detail but this book is definitely a good read :

Lincoln on Race and Slavery by Henry Louis Gates Jr

Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

I was thinking about the same issue today. Why couldn't they bring him back?! You think they would with a current Presidents interest in him!

• Missing Main Street

I have to defend actual-Lincoln, since CelestialImperium seems to be not a fan -

True, he did not come into office with the intent to abolish slavery. He certainly wasn't willing to do it if it would cause a break in the country.
    However, when his back was against the wall, he made the right decision. Once committed, Lincoln was willing to fight slavery all the way.

At the end of the war, he stood ready to give succor to the former slaves and welcome the south home again. Reparation certainly would have been an easier process if he weren't assassinated.
    Not a perfect man by the standards of our time, but certainly a brilliant, compassionate, and inspiring one.

(Can't wait to see him back on Main Street.)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
    -Roald Dahl

• Queen Elsa

Tell you the thurth I don't care if they bring him back. I never seen the show I would fine it boarding. I've never been in that biulding before until I saw the Donald Duck Steve Martain show in there. If they bring Lincoln back I wouldn't go see it.

Abe "should" be back by the end of the year...thats the plan for now...

• Sock Puppet

We await President Lincoln's return.

We enjoyed the show before and we will again. Some day...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dmomof4 View Post
    Abe "should" be back by the end of the year...thats the plan for now...
    And where does this tidbit of info come from?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    And where does this tidbit of info come from?
    I'll tell you if you PM, I just don't want to make that info public yet...

• Banned User

It's a shame not to have had him back in time for his 200 b-day! I really hope the above post is not just rumor but FACT, 'cause I'll be going in October of this year! I hope he's back by then!

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

It's just a bad management decision made by the monkey horde in the TDA Hot Dog building. Something must be done to reign in the insanity that is tearing that place apart.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast