Today marked the 200th Birthday of Abraham Lincoln, with out a doubt Walt Disney's favorite historical person. And yet the Disney Co could not even with all the advance notice in the world of this event find a way to bring back a cherished, inspirational, and vital part of Disneyland History? Instead we have weak video that is years out of date now in the Main St auditorium. Do they mean to tell us that they:
1. Didn't foresee the coming of this 200th birthday event?
2. They didn't already have plans to replace the out of date and film playing to mostly empty seats with anything new?
3. They could not have removed the screen and dusted off old Honest Abe hiding back there in the wings?
4. They could not have shipped a backup duplicate from florida over here?
5. They could not have the foresight, imagination and will power to design a new and even better stirring, emotional and patriotic tribute to perhaps our greatest president utilizing the latest up to date technology and artistic imagination??
Forget the ISASW marketing redo fiasco, the suffocating monorail disaster, the DCA failure this one missed opportunity speaks massive volumes about how far this company has fallen from its glory days when Walt was alive, he and his imagineers would force into creation great new innovative infotainment breakthroughs in a matter of months, from scratch and not borrowing from other but being the initiators and innovaters they dreamed of bringing Abraham Lincoln to life in a new realistic 3 D animation show presentation for the world to see at the Illinois pavillion and then onto Disneyland. From nothing they invented AA technology and with the skills of the sculptors the great oration of the actor Royal Dano who's voice sears into the minds of the listeners Abe's greatest speaches they brought to life standing before our eyes and looking into our faces the man at the center of one of greatest moments in history and they did all this in just a few months of hard work while created dozens and dozens of other innovating show technology, the Omnimover design then went on to be used in Innerspace and the Haunted Mansion, the peoplmover wheel within track design, the dinosaur diorama that still to this day amazes us, AND the entire Its a small world ride not to mention the carousel of progress ALL AT THE SAME TIME.
Disney co and we as a nation have fallen a great distance from the greatness of imagination, creativity and will power to get things done they must have had back in the 60's during the space age which Walt Disney also played a part in promoting with this fillms on space travel he created with Werner Von Braun.
This "de-evolution" of human greatness is very very sad.