• Follow me on Twitter!!!

Fantasmic this weekend???

So I looked at the weather for this weekend and it says that its supposed to have showers on sunday and rain on monday...does Fantasmic! get cancelled a lot when it rains? I might be down in the park this weekend and I really want to be able to see Fantasmic a couple times. How often does it get cancelled due to weather?
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

• Curiouser and Curiouser

Re: Fantasmic this weekend???

My husband and I have seen Fantasmic get canceled due to wind a couple times. I've also seen the performance on a questionably windy day and I can completely see why they would cancel it. The water wall wasn't steady or tall enough to hold a clear projection image. Also, the fire effect seemed a little too close for comfort. The Peter Pan segment was bland because no one was fighting on the tight rope or doing stunts. At the end, I was drenched from the water being blown towards us. Still fun, but it was a noticable difference.

The sucky thing is that sometimes they tell you it will be canceled just minutes beforehand.
    ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦
    Yana
    ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by princedalton View Post
    So I looked at the weather for this weekend and it says that its supposed to have showers on sunday and rain on monday...does Fantasmic! get cancelled a lot when it rains? I might be down in the park this weekend and I really want to be able to see Fantasmic a couple times. How often does it get cancelled due to weather?
    Fantasmic! and Remember....Dreams Come True only get cancel if it's heavy rain. Last weekend I saw Fantasmic! in light rain.

• Banned User

Fantasmic is canceled if the conditions become dangerous for the performers. So as long as it is light showers, and the ground isn't soaked with puddles, you'll be good.