• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quick and Obvious Update of the Day at Disney 2/13

If you were not able to make it to Disneyland today and don't live near, here's the highlights for the day. (i'll try to make this brief!)

The sun was out and the weather was beautiful. Crowds were large but definately not terrible. (i'd say 70% of what summer crowds look like).

The clowds were moving very fast and by 1:30 it was officially raining...and remained that way for nearly three more hours.

The crowds slimmed down, some sought refuge in stores and indoor areas (especially Golden Horseshoe which held maximum capacity for hours on end).

Rides like Space and Indy held on to their 40+ minute queues while Thunder and IASW had 10 or less.

A little after 4 PM the clowds allowed the sun to come through (finally!) while the temperature stayed the same. A soft drizzle died down to nothing and the survivors began refilling the streets of main street.

I left at 5:15.

The End!!

As for Friday the 13th superstitions, the mansion WAS closed (though i'm not sure if ashes were really spread) at 1 PM and was open back up by 3. And if you haven't heard already, Leota levitates once again.

(video montage to be added to www.youtube.com/disneycolor soon!)

• always, the freaky cat

Re: Quick and Obvious Update of the Day at Disney 2/13

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    If you were not able to make it to Disneyland today and don't live near, here's the highlights for the day. (i'll try to make this brief!)

The sun was out and the weather was beautiful. Crowds were large but definately not terrible. (i'd say 70% of what summer crowds look like).

The clowds were moving very fast and by 1:30 it was officially raining...and remained that way for nearly three more hours.

The crowds slimmed down, some sought refuge in stores and indoor areas (especially Golden Horseshoe which held maximum capacity for hours on end).

Rides like Space and Indy held on to their 40+ minute queues while Thunder and IASW had 10 or less.

A little after 4 PM the clowds allowed the sun to come through (finally!) while the temperature stayed the same. A soft drizzle died down to nothing and the survivors began refilling the streets of main street.

I left at 5:15.

The End!!

As for Friday the 13th superstitions, the mansion WAS closed (though i'm not sure if ashes were really spread) at 1 PM and was open back up by 3. And if you haven't heard already, Leota levitates once again.

(video montage to be added to www.youtube.com/disneycolor soon!)
    Was there yesterday afternoon & evening--I arrived about the time the rain was ending, 4:30 or so. Crowds seemed really light, especially considering that many schools were out and that we are at the start of a 3-day weekend--I think the rain scared many away. I rode Star Tours with my kids--we had the entire starspeeder to ourselves. And there was plenty of open space in the seating area for the 9:00 Fantasmic show.
    --Fireworks were delayed by about 15 minutes due to "unforseen circumstances,"
    --The dragon is missing in Fantasmic; perhaps that's already been reported on MiceChat.
    --One of the poles that holds the banners on the bridge leading to Sleeping Beauty's Castle is gone. Perhaps Goofy took his car out of Toontown during the night and ran into it?

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
    --Fireworks were delayed by about 15 minutes due to "unforseen circumstances,"
    So there WERE fireworks last night. I left early. I a thinking of watching it Sunday Night.

• A Weather Eye Open

heard the fireworks last night from my apartment and i was wondering if they were a little late!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

I hope that the crowds stay light through next week. We'll be there Thursday through Sat morning.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!