Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Small World - Did you notice?

First and foremost - note to moderators - please feel free to add this or merge this to another existing thread if someone has already pointed this out, or whichever is the main thread about the changes to Small World. I did try to do a search first, but there are just so many, I felt it better to post a small one about one of the changes that may be hard to notice.

Anyways, here it goes. I just read the picture report by Lutz and Fishbulb taken the morning IASW opened. There was one change I noticed that wasn't in the pictures. I didn't notice this small change on Thursday 2/5 when they had the passholder preview, but I noticed it a few days later when we took Aiden on it and he absolutely loved it.

Now the juicy details. We all know the first 2 rooms (welcome and north pole) doesn't have anything. Most people might think that Alice is the first of the changes. Actually, as you enter the "Europe room", just above the London area where you find Alice, near the ceiling take a look by the moon you see there. Instead of craning your necks straight up when you're next to Alice, look in this area above the bridge after you enter this room. You'll see Peter Pan and Tinkerbell flying around by the moon.

Sorry, I do not have a picture to post of it at this time. Though I'm sure one of our fellow mice chatters will post one of Peter & Tink in one of the replies. Being that I am a fellow mice chatter and an annual passholder who lives 5 minutes away from the park, if one doesn't post a picture of it within a couple replies, I'll snap one with my cellphone and post it the same day. That is, if I can get them to work. I've always had difficulty doing that.

• Banned User

Re: Small World - Did you notice?

I have seen Peter Pan from pictures but not Tinkerbell. Thanks for the heads up.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Oh yeah. I saw them in a video. They're high but they're there.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Oh yeah. I saw them in a video. They're high but they're there.
    They are definitly there. The area near that part of the ceiling is kinda dark, not too well lit and Tink is rather small to notice but if one looks up when the boat is pointing towards the bridge, before you get to it, one will be able to see it.

I didn't even notice them when I rode it. And I didn't even realize it until a few days ago when I saw a picture of them.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Special Agent

I saw Tinkerbelle. The string they have her on was moving around kinda weird. It looked l like she was spazzing out. Maybe that was the desired effect?

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

It also seems they added some new drapes cloth things in the egyptian room. I never noticed them before if they were already there.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I saw Peter but not Tink. I tried to get a photo but my camera isn't fast enough in that lighting and he just came out as a blur.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Pipeek posted a pic of Peter in the Small World review topic, Post #6

Reviews of New "Small World" at Disneyland - Post HERE

• A Weather Eye Open

I saw Peter in the pictures on Mice Chat before I went, so I knew where to look when I rode it. I did not see Tinkerbell, however.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Minion

She is a little hard to notice. I will try to take one tomorrow at the meet if the line isn't too long and depending on how the weather is. If I get one, I'll post it when we get home tomorrow afterwards. Let's hope the camera on my voyager will snag it.

• Minion

Okay, I tried to get a picture of Tinkerbell on my cellphone. The first one was a blur, the second one I did manage to get her, but the lighting in her area is so low and with her movement, it was a small spec in a dark looking picture. No point in posting it. I do now know what Dusty meant by when he said "Tink is off her meds" sorta speak. With the way they have Tinkerbell flying around, she bounces in a crazy manner and with a simple cellphone camera, it is kinda hard to snap one of her. Maybe someone will have better luck than me.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

This kind of fits in the same vain as this thread, but they say there are 29 characters in the ride. When I counted what I've seen in videos and pics I think I only got like 27 (and that included weird thing like Ariel's sister). Does anyone know them all?

• Minion

I guess I'll have to remember to count them when I go the next time. Probably in a few days if I get bored!

• no flash photography...

They were the first two new additions I noticed. I would have missed most of the new additions if the kids behind us weren't pointing them out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast