Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Disney's Blue Sky Cellar: Imagineers In Motion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=mh2hhCEb5Xw
    Blue Sky Cellar: 1 of 2
    Take a look at the DCA expansion attraction models and concept art, as well as imagineers working their magic ..and loving it. Even includes a brief glimps at the ride system of Luigi's Roamin' Tires (based on 1960's neumatic flying saucer-bumper car ride) being tested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...eature=related
    Blue Sky Cellar: 2 of 2
    Additional attraction models and concept art. Includes Red Cae Trolly route layout, and an unfinished Red Car Trolly. Features commentary by John Lasseter, Ed Grier, Bob Iger, and Imagineers Lisa Girulalasnd, Jlen Shull and Steve Davison.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-14-2009 at 03:52 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Disney's Blue Sky Cellar: Imagineers In Motion

They need to update some of these models and plans.

• Minion

that video is a testament to the power and influence of film/video. My excitement towards the remodel has steadily turned to pessimistic expectations, but the video has renewed a bit of that enthusiasm. Thanks for sharing Ride Warrior.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Tool View Post
    They need to update some of these models and plans.
    Blue Sky vids 1 & 2 were placed on YouTube only two months ago. Reports that plans for Silly Symphany Swings having been dropped are specuculation. Same can be said for the buzz that Carthay Circle Theater will open without a show, due to Disney not having the budget. I'd say the recent posting on YouTube by Disney indicates that Disney has not ruled them out ..in spite of the fact that some here on the board have.

In the meantime, the elaboration of detail of attractions not in contention is fascinating and fun to view.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-14-2009 at 02:18 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

^..........^...............^

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    that video is a testament to the power and influence of film/video. My excitement towards the remodel has steadily turned to pessimistic expectations, but the video has renewed a bit of that enthusiasm. Thanks for sharing Ride Warrior.
    You are quite welcome, Sir.Mouse. I've addressed the sceptical viewpoint in the above post.
    It's a great big beautiful tomorrow ..well worth being enthusiastic over, if not giddy.

• Minion

aww two stones with one bird. I mean the other way...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    aww two stones with one bird. I mean the other way...
    Well, they say a stone in the hand is worth two in the bush ..or is that a bird analogy?

• Minion

I'm not sure but it's funny non-the less.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

I like the look on John's face riding the tires/saucers ride system - every time I've seen him at the parks he just looks like a kid in a candy store. ...and a candy store his family owns, no less.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Legends never die...

Does anyone know if they've actually released albums with the Pier music that was used in those videos?
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'd say the recent posting on YouTube by Disney indicates that Disney has not ruled them out.
    These videos were not posted by Disney. Are you referring to something else?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    These videos were not posted by Disney. Are you referring to something else?
    The footage of the Disney Imagineers and officials at work and their comments could only have come from Disney. If they had been posted by a blogger such a MouseInfo, their logo would have been on the videos. Even if that had been the case, the contents were created by Disney for the purpose of promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
    Does anyone know if they've actually released albums with the Pier music that was used in those videos?
    There was an album that included Paradise Pier background music that is now out of print. Disney no longer caries it. I was advised by a Disneyland source to search independent music outlets such as DelivEars or ebay. Haven't had a chance to do that yet. but the contact number for DelivEard is 714-781-7290 M - F, 8am - 5pm Pacific Time.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner31 View Post
    I like the look on John's face riding the tires/saucers ride system - every time I've seen him at the parks he just looks like a kid in a candy store. ...and a candy store his family owns, no less.
    Being a big kid at heart has a lot to do with John's phenomenal across the board success. I haven't had the good fortune of meeting him. That to me would right up their on a grand scale pretty much equivalent to meeting Walt Disney himself.

• Special Agent

The footage of the Disney Imagineers and officials at work and their comments could only have come from Disney. If they had been posted by a blogger such a MouseInfo, their logo would have been on the videos. Even if that had been the case, the contents were created by Disney for the purpose of promotion.
    You stated that you believed their posting by Disney on YouTube was an indication that Disney was still planning to move forward with some of those projects.

1) These videos were not posted on YouTube by Disney. They are home video footage of the Blue Sky Cellar which is easily available all over the web.

2) These videos were posted on YouTube in December, over 2 months ago, and the videos depicted within, have remained unchanged since the Blue Sky Cellar opened in October. These clips are over 5 months old already. Clearly some things that were originally touted at the Blue Sky Cellar has sense been cancelled (most notably the change out of the Maliboomer).

There was an album that included Paradise Pier background music that is now out of print. Disney no longer caries it.
    The Paradise Pier music loop was never made commercially available. The Official Album of California Adventure, which is indeed out of print, included the soundtrack for California Screamin', which was created using the same calliope, but it was not the same track.

There was an illegal bootleg track that was circulated for quite some time though. Most likely that's where this person acquired the music, although you cannot rule out induction recording either.

• Pilot EdForceOne

These are just handycam's shooting the videos/content shown in the blue sky celler itself. They weren't put on youtube by Disney.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast