Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Given A Generous Budget By Disney, Which DLR Attraction Would You Upgrade?

Given a multi-million dollar budget, I would double the size of the Soarin' Over California building. Then, I would add a Soarin' Over Florida theater for no other reason than to beat WDW to the punch.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• It's all about Theme!

Re: Given A Generous Budget By Disney, Which DLR Attraction Would You Upgrade?

Upgrade? Maybe I can spread the budget out a bit.

Hmmmm, Pooh, maybe redo it so 1/2 is Pooh and 1/2 is one CBJ theater.

Create a virtual attraction where guests can experience any attraction of the past.

Put something better in the Carousel Theater. While still maintaining the original spirit of a rotating theater. An updated CoP maybe??

Tear out Disney Characters and America in IASW, devote some money into changing the roof and redoing the Hello Goodbye rooms while placing the Rainforest back in its original spot and adding more to the South Seas room.

Add the HBG Ghost back into the Haunted Mansion.

The possibilities are endless. =)
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Haunted Mansion gets the Hatbox Ghost back, the WDW sound system, wallpaper eyes effect, Escher stairway room, the woman trapped in mirror proprosed effect that never happened, pop-up heads back, and improve Constance's projection and mannequin so she doesn't look like a plain old video screen. Oh, and add on the Museum of the Weird like Rolly Crump wanted.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Fancy that...

I agree with darkfairy...except for on the pop up heads, let's take out the remaining ones. or update them so they're less obvious, and actually scare you

I'll go with Indiana Jones

basic refurbs all around, but add some stuff to the almost completely dark second half of the attraction. Like the smoke ring from TDS? just with mara instead of the guy from their version. Make the spear room have realistic looking stone carvings like they were from the film. Theres a lot more they could do too...like make a crazy new effect for when you "look into Mara's eyes" that's more epic than some flashing eyes.

Space Mountian could be enhanced too. The whole middle portion could use fiber optics instead of star progections...give it a more 3D look. Some cool swirling vistas would be nice too. Other than that, space mountian= perfection.

The Matterhorn could get a new queue in a cave made around the mountian, a new Abomnable Snowman that moves a little bit more and appears less hokey. Create a smoother ride, enclose the last half of the ride and include lots of glowing stalagtites...maybe pass through the new queue? And in the beginning make a shadow progection like in Expedition Everest...but still with snow...just update it a lot.

I realize a lot of people will dislike my matterhorn idea because of changing the snowman up a little, but I wouldnt propose he look drasticly different.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

This is a great question. I'd have to say the Matterhorn. So much could be done to the insides and I'd like to see a more themed queue.

Work in Tomorrowland on a relpacement for Rocket Rods as these tracks need something up there!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Upgrade? Maybe I can spread the budget out a bit.

Hmmmm, Pooh, maybe redo it so 1/2 is Pooh and 1/2 is one CBJ theater.

Create a virtual attraction where guests can experience any attraction of the past.

Put something better in the Carousel Theater. While still maintaining the original spirit of a rotating theater. An updated CoP maybe??

Tear out Disney Characters and America in IASW, devote some money into changing the roof and redoing the Hello Goodbye rooms while placing the Rainforest back in its original spot and adding more to the South Seas room.

Add the HBG Ghost back into the Haunted Mansion.

The possibilities are endless. =)
    Each of your ideas would vastly improve the ride experiences, Walt, Jr. I love your Pooh/Bears combination idea ..especially if you are talking about expanding the size of the building. How utterly cool it would be if the Pooh vehicles actually travelled through the County bear show at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    This is a great question. I'd have to say the Matterhorn. So much could be done to the insides and I'd like to see a more themed queue.
    I very much value your compliment, Chad. So much could be done to make the theming along the bobsled pathway more striking. A giant abominable snowman for one thing. I've yearned for years to see part of the inside hollowed out again, and openings for another ride to travel through ..something different than the skyway.

An actual themed interactive queue would bring the ride up to present day standards. After all, the ride is the precurser of all modern day tubular track coasters.

Quote Originally Posted by caldisneyfan1 View Post
    Work in Tomorrowland on a relpacement for Rocket Rods as these tracks need something up there!
    Yes. The concepts I like most are the swiveling, swaying IncrediPods and the WALL-E vehicles (with interactive consoles) like those featured in the film. StarWars StarSpeeders might be fun as well.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-14-2009 at 09:52 PM.

• Minion

a Generous Budget is not enough but I'll try. I would start Phase one with general refurbs all around. Phase one would close with the massive up grade of TL (of course) This would include a new TL transit involving the People Mover station hosted within the Inoventions building. The starcade would be transformed into an alternative art exhibit with intriguing art installations and permanent art displays that blend science with art.

The HISTA Building would be annexed in favor of a C or D ticket ride. (not a whole lot of space to work with :/ )

Phase two would focus on Frontierland. An E ticket attraction is in order.

thats all I got so far

• Shablagoo!

I had them build a new peoplemover. One that goes from my driveway to Disneyland so I could go more often.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

One word: Indy.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    a Generous Budget is not enough but I'll try. I would start Phase one with general refurbs all around. Phase one would close with the massive up grade of TL (of course) This would include a new TL transit involving the People Mover station hosted within the Inoventions building. The starcade would be transformed into an alternative art exhibit with intriguing art installations and permanent art displays that blend science with art.

The HISTA Building would be annexed in favor of a C or D ticket ride. (not a whole lot of space to work with :/ )

Phase two would focus on Frontierland. An E ticket attraction is in order.

thats all I got so far
    We need transit along the renovated PM track big time! I've grown tired of the generic starcade. A blend of art and technology would be engaging entertainment for the mind. Hiss to HISTA!

Frontierland is rumored for a land expansion. Several rides (including an E-ticket) are a part of that rumor - although none of them have been named or described. I'd love to see a Spiderman technology based attraction, or a flume/coaster ..perhaps with a Western River or frontier folklore theme.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I had them build a new peoplemover. One that goes from my driveway to Disneyland so I could go more often.
    If you don't mind giving me a lift, I'll meet you in the carpool lane.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    One word: Indy.
    Send me a more elaborate Indy! Merge the Jungle Cruise with it through the use of a tunnel.

Just wish it will happen...lol
    Music is my LIFE!!!

They need to update Star Tours! Make it HD and make the ride smoother and the seats comfier.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jagass View Post
    Just wish it will happen...lol
    Indeed.

C'mon, a GENEROUS budget? From Disney?

That's a good one, thanks. I can always use a good laugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast