Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1

    • Member since '08
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    22

    Angry No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    Okay, so I have this overnight trip planned on March 25th and as of now there are no parades (in DL or DCA), or fantasmic scheduled. March seems to be a popular month (hello, Spring Break), not to mention peak season according to Disney, why are they holding back all of the new parades, etc. until April? I'm paying premium prices at their hotels, yet the entertainment isn't going to be up an running. What's going on?

    Am I missing something here?




    Last trip:
    December 2008: Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
    June 2006: Disneyland Grand Californian
    February 2005: Anaheim Hyatt
    Feb 2001: Walt Disney World All Star Music Resort

    NEXT TRIP: Disneyland Grand Californian March 25th, 2009 (I know, total snob, but once you've stayed so close it is hard to stay somewhere else)

  2. #2

    • Breaking in her new jeans
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    City of Pixie Dust
    Posts
    715

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    Quote Originally Posted by katherinemouse View Post
    Okay, so I have this overnight trip planned on March 25th and as of now there are no parades (in DL or DCA), or fantasmic scheduled. March seems to be a popular month (hello, Spring Break), not to mention peak season according to Disney, why are they holding back all of the new parades, etc. until April? I'm paying premium prices at their hotels, yet the entertainment isn't going to be up an running. What's going on?

    Am I missing something here?

    Thats odd.. I will have to look at my annual pass calender and see. But I think they have something at DCA. DL has nothing going on right now.. Its kinda lame.

  3. #3

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    Quote Originally Posted by katherinemouse View Post
    the entertainment isn't going to be up an running....Am I missing something here?
    The rides?

    No, but seriously, I don't know what the scoop is, and I'm sorry if you're going to miss out on the parades and so forth.


  4. #4

    • Member since '08
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    22

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    I love the rides, but this will be Grandpa's first trip with his grandchildren (8,7,4 & 2) and there is nothing better than watching a two year olds face light up when the characters dance by.




    Last trip:
    December 2008: Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
    June 2006: Disneyland Grand Californian
    February 2005: Anaheim Hyatt
    Feb 2001: Walt Disney World All Star Music Resort

    NEXT TRIP: Disneyland Grand Californian March 25th, 2009 (I know, total snob, but once you've stayed so close it is hard to stay somewhere else)

  5. #5

    • Breaking in her new jeans
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    City of Pixie Dust
    Posts
    715

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    Quote Originally Posted by katherinemouse View Post
    I love the rides, but this will be Grandpa's first trip with his grandchildren (8,7,4 & 2) and there is nothing better than watching a two year olds face light up when the characters dance by.

    Be sure to go to the Main Street City hall and get 1st Visit pins for everyone. There free.

    I know what you mean my son is 21 months and when he sees Stitch he goes bonkers. We are at DL like 2 times a week.

  6. #6

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,783
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    I'm guessing that they may still be working on paving during that time, which is why there are no parades listed for Disneyland. According to MasterGracey's project tracker thread, the re-pavement is scheduled to be finished in March... but they may not have and idea yet when in March. DCA? No idea. But remember schedules are subject to change without notice, and they very well could have something going on by the time you come down, its just not listed "officially" yet.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,272

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    The new parade is scheduled to begin by then. And since it will be Spring Break (I think) Fantasmic and the Play Parade should be going.

  8. #8

    • Breaking in her new jeans
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    City of Pixie Dust
    Posts
    715

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I'm guessing that they may still be working on paving during that time, which is why there are no parades listed for Disneyland. According to MasterGracey's project tracker thread, the re-pavement is scheduled to be finished in March... but they may not have and idea yet when in March. DCA? No idea. But remember schedules are subject to change without notice, and they very well could have something going on by the time you come down, its just not listed "officially" yet.

    DL and DCA are a freaking mess.. When you go over by the pier at DCA the walk way is small now cause they have these construction walls up. The HSM 3 parade was going.

  9. #9

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,783
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    The new parade is scheduled to begin by then. And since it will be Spring Break (I think) Fantasmic and the Play Parade should be going.
    Easter is April 12th this year so generally the week before and the week after that will be busy. Although not all So Cal schools schedule their spring break around Easter.

    But there are new celebrations and attractions that will be "coming online" over the next few weeks. I'm guessing they are playing by ear exactly when they will start and are not posting anything on their website yet until they have a firmer start date.

    Quote Originally Posted by Becka-Lynn View Post
    DL and DCA are a freaking mess.. When you go over by the pier at DCA the walk way is small now cause they have these construction walls up. The HSM 3 parade was going.
    And will continue to be a mess until 2012, when almost everything for the major overhaul of DCA will be done! But it will be cool once its completed.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    236

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    Maybe Disney has more exciting plans...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

  11. #11

    • Breaking in her new jeans
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    City of Pixie Dust
    Posts
    715

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    Even with the mess it is still fun!

  12. #12

    • Member since '08
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    22

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    I really hope they can get at least one of the parades up and running by then. I know that the actual Spring Break for BC is March 15-20th and a lot of Canadians will be flocking down there. I've seen many a parade, and with less than 48 hours of park time I'm sure we will be on the rides, but a glimpse of the new parade would be nice. I am just too impatient to wait until 2012 for DCA to be finalized.....this will be my second trip there without the sunwheel which seems to be taking forever!!!! I don't know how you locals put up with it, watching all the slow construction. It would drive me crazy. I remember going in 1997 and seeing the big pit which is now DCA and it's hard to believe that it was still another what, 3 years before it opened. It's a big tease!

    On a different note, anyone have any advice about Seaworld, or Legoland. We're going there the following week and I don't know if we will need more than a day at each with a 2 and 4 year old. Thanks!




    Last trip:
    December 2008: Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
    June 2006: Disneyland Grand Californian
    February 2005: Anaheim Hyatt
    Feb 2001: Walt Disney World All Star Music Resort

    NEXT TRIP: Disneyland Grand Californian March 25th, 2009 (I know, total snob, but once you've stayed so close it is hard to stay somewhere else)

  13. #13

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,783
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    Quote Originally Posted by katherinemouse View Post
    I really hope they can get at least one of the parades up and running by then. I know that the actual Spring Break for BC is March 15-20th and a lot of Canadians will be flocking down there. I've seen many a parade, and with less than 48 hours of park time I'm sure we will be on the rides, but a glimpse of the new parade would be nice. I am just too impatient to wait until 2012 for DCA to be finalized.....this will be my second trip there without the sunwheel which seems to be taking forever!!!! I don't know how you locals put up with it, watching all the slow construction. It would drive me crazy. I remember going in 1997 and seeing the big pit which is now DCA and it's hard to believe that it was still another what, 3 years before it opened. It's a big tease!

    On a different note, anyone have any advice about Seaworld, or Legoland. We're going there the following week and I don't know if we will need more than a day at each with a 2 and 4 year old. Thanks!
    Well I guess the locals, or even those of us who only live a couple of hours away and go several times a year just get use to the construction or don't notice it that much because we are there more!

    Seaworld is not really that big of a park. The last time I went, we didn't even stay the entire day, so even with small children and taking rest breaks during the day, one day for that park should be more than enough. I've never been to LegoLand though, so someone else will have to fill you in on that one.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  14. #14

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    3,959

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    What did we learn a few months ago when it said there would be absolutely no entertainment in either park starting the 2nd week of january and then Fanasmic, HSM, Pixar play, and Aladdin kept going anyways? :P

    The calendar hasn't been kept up to date lately because sometimes they're not even sure themselves the exact times.

  15. #15

    • A Weather Eye Open
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: No Parades, No Fantasmic in March????

    Legoland is fairly small but there's LOTS for kids to do there because it's very kid-oriented. I went when I was maybe 11 or 12 and still enjoyed it a lot. I think we only had a day, and I remember seeing the whole park. That was about 8 or 9 years ago though! and I don't know if your kids are more selective about what they like, or if they have to do and see EVERYTHING (kind of like me, I hate missing out on stuff).

    As far as march, I'd be kind of surprised if the MSEP isn't running in DCA by then. Lots of Spring Breaks are in March (despite a later Easter this year), and the conventions like cheerleaders and stuff really start showing up then as well. and the PPP should also be running. The only reason they wouldn't run that one in March is if the parade route is totally blocked off in construction, but I don't see why they'd do that since it's a major thoroughfair and they're not going to be building a whole new building in the middle of the walkway. I would think that even with construction on the san fransico area and the world of color seating going on at the same time, the most it would change would be that area would not be a parade viewing area. i hope as much entertainment as you want is available in march when you go!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)



Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Cost of Fantasmic and Nighttime Parades?
    By Ice101 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 10:05 PM
  2. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 06:18 PM
  3. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 10:48 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 02:57 PM
  5. December 2005: Parades, Fireworks, Fantasmic!, etc.
    By dauser in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 09:21 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •