Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• i miss the peoplemover

help.. anyone else having trouble renewing pass on the website

for the past month each time i try and get onto the disneyland website to renew my annual pass it doesn't let me. I've tried calling disneyland 4 times, and i get transfered to a recording message or someone who keeps telling me to check back at the website later. Then i do and it doesn't work. The cast member informs me that they are having major problems with the website right now, and that i can renew by mail (which i prefer not to do). I don't like to send my credit card info like that. Does anyone know if and when the website will be working correctly..?? this is kinda getting on my nerves right now. I want to renew before my pass expires to save the cash, every lil bit helps. thanks..

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: help.. anyone else having trouble renewing pass on the website

Are you using Internet Explorer or something else. My daughter was trying to fill out an employment application online and it would only let her get so far. Then she decided to try Internet Explorer rather than our usual Mozilla Firefox and it worked just fine. Just a thought.

I don't know if this will solve your problem, especially if they're saying they are having problems with the site but the only time I have had problems purchasing a ticket online was when I didn't check the "I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions" box at the bottom of the Terms and Conditions section at the end of the checkout page. It's unfortunately a bit hidden. You actually have to scroll down the entire form box to get to it. I've never had a problem purchasing a ticket when I check that box. Hope this helps!
    "I Only Hope That We Never Lose Sight Of One Thing,
    That It Was All Started By A Mouse." - Walt Disney
    http://www.StartedByAMouse.com

I am. How long would it take to get the AP through the mail as compared through the website?
    My adventures in Wonderland began when I followed the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole. All of the sudden--I fell! Down... down... down...

• Greetings, Program!

Here's what I would like to know.....

I notice that they have implemented a monthly payment plan, but they're not mentioning this on the website. Can you only get that deal in person at the kiosk there in the Esplanade?

AND....is the Premium passport a part of that deal? I'll upgrade if it is!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizmo2000 View Post
    Here's what I would like to know.....

I notice that they have implemented a monthly payment plan, but they're not mentioning this on the website. Can you only get that deal in person at the kiosk there in the Esplanade?

AND....is the Premium passport a part of that deal? I'll upgrade if it is!
    I did notice that they do have the monthly payment plan on the website:

Disneyland Resort&reg - Annual Passports

I believe the Platinum AP is part of the deal.
    My adventures in Wonderland began when I followed the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole. All of the sudden--I fell! Down... down... down...

• Happiest Girl On Earth

For online renewal issues, you can contact Disneyland's Ticketing & Reservations line at 714-781-4400

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

• DLR Cast Member

I don't know how to answer multiple questions and quote the original posts in one post here, but let me see what I can do, since I normally work at 4400.

The Disneyland website to purchase tickets and passes sucks, plain and simple. If it rains here or in Florida, the site crashes and tells everyone their orders are "pending", and while they are in the server, they are not registered into OUR system, so we have no confirmation numbers or anything. And PLEASE don't keep hitting the submit button, as it will keep charging your credit card!!!!!!!!!! The site will also do this if, for any reason, many people are purchasing tickets at the same time, or even if they are LOOKING at tickets. This frustrates those cms like myself who have to answer the phones daily and try and not scream at the IT guys when they come into the building.

IF you cannot renew online, and your pass is within the 30 days BEFORE it would normally expire, you may keep trying. Sooner or later, it should accept it, but call the 4400 number if you haven't already and ask that the cm verify your full name and birthdate--sometimes the birthdate is listed in the ap system wrong, and therefore will not allow you to renew the pass.

IF your pass is already expired--do not stress. You can (again) call 4400 and ask a cast member to put notes in your file so that you can renew upon your next visit to the park. Do not do this if you have a SoCalSelect or Southern California annual pass--there are no renewal discounts-- but if you would like your merchandise coupon or the special backing, the cm's at 4400 can put those notes in your ap file so that you can get those benefits when you renew in person.

IF you are renewing, and want to use the monthly payment program and live in Southern California, you may do so. There is a form to fill out and print at home. You will either mail it in or bring it in person to the park, and we will take care of the rest.

Premium and Deluxe passes are included in the payment plans. If you are renewing, you do NOT need to make the down payment of $69 per person. You MAY do so if you would like, but it is not required. Know that within 2 days after we recieve the contract, the first payment will be taken out of the account you specify for the payments, and then the next payment will be 25 days after that. The 3rd-12th payments will be taken every 30 days beginning 30 days after the 2nd payment. Depending on whether you make the down payment or not, your monthly payment for a PREMIUM annual pass can be as low as $26 and change per month, which is less than the cost of a block out ticket for ONE DAY!! (I honestly think this is a good deal, myself!)

I think I covered everything. If I missed something, or there are further questions, ask and as soon as I come back on, I will answer them to the best of my ability.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by pattimelt View Post
    I don't know how to answer multiple questions and quote the original posts in one post here, but let me see what I can do, since I normally work at 4400.

The Disneyland website to purchase tickets and passes sucks, plain and simple. If it rains here or in Florida, the site crashes and tells everyone their orders are "pending", and while they are in the server, they are not registered into OUR system, so we have no confirmation numbers or anything. And PLEASE don't keep hitting the submit button, as it will keep charging your credit card!!!!!!!!!! The site will also do this if, for any reason, many people are purchasing tickets at the same time, or even if they are LOOKING at tickets. This frustrates those cms like myself who have to answer the phones daily and try and not scream at the IT guys when they come into the building.

IF you cannot renew online, and your pass is within the 30 days BEFORE it would normally expire, you may keep trying. Sooner or later, it should accept it, but call the 4400 number if you haven't already and ask that the cm verify your full name and birthdate--sometimes the birthdate is listed in the ap system wrong, and therefore will not allow you to renew the pass.

IF your pass is already expired--do not stress. You can (again) call 4400 and ask a cast member to put notes in your file so that you can renew upon your next visit to the park. Do not do this if you have a SoCalSelect or Southern California annual pass--there are no renewal discounts-- but if you would like your merchandise coupon or the special backing, the cm's at 4400 can put those notes in your ap file so that you can get those benefits when you renew in person.

IF you are renewing, and want to use the monthly payment program and live in Southern California, you may do so. There is a form to fill out and print at home. You will either mail it in or bring it in person to the park, and we will take care of the rest.

Premium and Deluxe passes are included in the payment plans. If you are renewing, you do NOT need to make the down payment of $69 per person. You MAY do so if you would like, but it is not required. Know that within 2 days after we recieve the contract, the first payment will be taken out of the account you specify for the payments, and then the next payment will be 25 days after that. The 3rd-12th payments will be taken every 30 days beginning 30 days after the 2nd payment. Depending on whether you make the down payment or not, your monthly payment for a PREMIUM annual pass can be as low as $26 and change per month, which is less than the cost of a block out ticket for ONE DAY!! (I honestly think this is a good deal, myself!)

I think I covered everything. If I missed something, or there are further questions, ask and as soon as I come back on, I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Thanks Patti...thats awesome!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Quote Originally Posted by pattimelt View Post

alls i can say is WOW and thank you i just learned so much

Use a different browser.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I have found that if you log in
    and try to upgrade another person's pass, it will not let you.
    Each person needs their own log in.
    Also, I have noticed that if it's not your own credit card (under your log in) passes can not be purchased.

I've never had problems with Firefox on a Disney site.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I have found that if you log in
    and try to upgrade another person's pass, it will not let you.
    Each person needs their own log in.
    Also, I have noticed that if it's not your own credit card (under your log in) passes can not be purchased.

I've never had problems with Firefox on a Disney site.
    You can't "UPGRADE" an annual pass online. You can only renew annual passes. But you can renew any annual pass to any level.

Once you are logged in, you can renew ANYONE'S pass as long as you have the correct information-- Last name, correct birthdate(month, day, 4 digit year), and annual pass bar code number. Each person in a family does not, and in some cases, CAN NOT, each have their own log in, especially for persons under the age of 18.

You may have attempted to process the transaction wrong, because any credit card may be used with any name as long as the name and CORRECT billing address for the credit card holder is used. That's why there's separate BILL TO and a SHIP TO sections, so that if someone is purchasing tickets for a friend, the tickets can be mailed to someone else.

I had trouble renewing once and it was because I was doing it sooner that the system allows. I think you have to be within 30 days of your expiration to renew on line. Have you received your renewal letter yet? It only took 5 business days for me to get my AP through the mail last time and I live in Idaho so that isn't too bad.

• i miss the peoplemover

okay so i went to disneyland and found out whats going on. I went to the ticket booth and explained my problem with the website and the cast member informed me that when you renew online YOU can not use the monthly payment option, you can only do the monthly payment option in person. this is what i was told by the cast member working in the ticket booth. So i renewed in person, but i wasn't able to get the fancy annual pass with the internet exclusive picture on the front, just the plain one. Don't get me wrong, i like both of the designs, but i wanted the internet exclusive one. = (. oh well. She said disney is working on putting up the monthly payment option online soon, but for now you have to pay in full online.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast