Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Will California Screamin Get Painted?

Does anyone know if Disney has plans to repaint California Screamin before Paradise Pier is done? If so what color would you choose?
    Last edited by Seawolf; 02-17-2009 at 01:14 AM.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: Will California Screamin Get Painted?

making it brownish like a true woody would be very cool.

Also I think the brown would make it alot harder to see once world of color comes out.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

I agree, either they should redesign the ugly supports of California Screamin or paint them a darker color. I don't think the ugly modern supports compliment the new buildings very well. Sometimes it makes me wish they would have made it a real woodie instead of a steel coaster.

• Senior Minion

I think a tan would look nice but I don't think repainting the whole thing is necessary, but I do think they need to repaint and add some themeing to the tubes. I'd do a few more things if we were talking full overhaul, but that to me is the one biggest problem aesthetically to fitting in with the new theme and I hope is addressed soon rather than later.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• HauntedOne999

since the theme is a more upscale Victorian park... white fits it very well... as for the scream tubes... round tubes were not present back then

a more 5-sided arch would better suit the turn of the century feel... and then adorne it with small pennants.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• is satisfactual.

Hm, this is surprising. When I think of old fashioned roller coasters, I think of white wooden roller coasters. Not "tan" or "brownish." Did no one else grow up watching old animated shorts involving roller coasters very much like California Screamin'?

Well, sans the "scream tubes" and all that nonsense.

• A Weather Eye Open

i like the white well enough. i definitely think it's period. but i agree that the scream tubes have GOT to be changed .
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I think the white color on the structure is perfectly fine. It is the way roller coasters were painted back then. What I do suggest to make it more victorian is to paint the rails where the car rides brown and white instead of just plain white, like the way the roller coasters were built back then.

• Fireworks Finatic!

I vote for it getting painted a brown/wood color. I am sure if they really wanted, they could make it look like a wooden coaster, complete with the wood grain and all. That would look really cool looming up behind the "new" Paradise Pier.

• Minion

White is very victorian compared to brown! It fits very well, just make it look more like wood!

As for the scream tubes cahnge the teall color more light bluish/aquamarine and make the tunnels box like!

• The Dudester

Yeah, brown doesn't make any sense, in that all coasters during Seaside Amusement Park era in California were painted white (still are, in the cases of the parks that still exist like Belmont Park, Santa Cruz, etc.). From a distance it's supposed to look like one of those white wooden roller coasters, and I think it does a fine job of that as is.

As for wishing it was a real woodie, I have to disagree because nearly every woodie I've been on inevitably deteriorates into an unrideable headache-inducing mess (see: Ghostrider, Psyclone, etc.)

I did ride the coaster in Santa Cruz recently and was suprised how smooth, and generally fun it was, however!

• Minion

^ agree with u 100% !

Not so interesting with colors...lol
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

With all due respect, the question posed related to whether California Sceamin' would be freshly painted ..and not what color it should be. To this end, the answer is definitely yes. When Disney said that a complete renovation is in store, this meant paint jobs too.

That being said, there is no reason to believe that the white color will be changed. There are two important considerations that support this assertion. As several have already pointed out, white is a Victorian color. In line with LLCMC's thoughts, many popular Victorian style waterside parks have opted for white coasters.

The second consideration exists in the fact that a dark color such as brown or tan would starkly contrast with the bright pastels of the Toy Story Mania building, the midway buildings and everything else. The clash of color would also serve as a distraction from the coming Disney's world of Color spectacular.

Here are a couple of pictures to support how smoothly the current color of the coaster blends with the TSM building -

Dlandclub's suggestion of changing the teal color of the scream tubes and tunnels box to bluish/aquamarine works for me. Just about any light or bright color would look good ..such as the the pinkish-magenta. or tangerine seen on the TSM building.

If a dark color such as brown or fan is to be used at all, Rocker had a good idea in recommending that the rails be painted as such.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-17-2009 at 06:47 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Knows Where His Towel Is

^ Actually, I would prefer the rails be painted pinkish-magenta. It would blend nicely!

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast