Page 10 of 526 FirstFirst ... 78910111213203560110510 ... LastLast

• Doesn't get enough Disney

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Yeah your heights perfect for a lot of roles. It's also mouse height. And let's face it- if you had to be a furry, being a Mouse wouldn't be so bad!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by HalloweentownAlice View Post
    Yeah your heights perfect for a lot of roles. It's also mouse height. And let's face it- if you had to be a furry, being a Mouse wouldn't be so bad!
    I know! I'd even accept a fur role for sure How tall are you ?

• Doesn't get enough Disney

5'6". So I've got a lot of options- unfortunately, it's also a common height and likely to be put in the character pool..

• Sock Puppet

5'6". So I've got a lot of options- unfortunately, it's also a common height and likely to be put in the character pool..
    You're perfect height for a bunch of roles too! Lucky us What's a character pool?

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    You're perfect height for a bunch of roles too! Lucky us What's a character pool?
    When they don't have a need for someone in a certain height but they want to hire them they get put into the Character pool which is essentially a waiting list. It's not a no but it's not a yes either. In six months if they don't contact you, you are welcome to audition again. At least that's what the term means on the east coast.
    Please pardon our dust as we gear up for an all new signature!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Disnyfan89 View Post
    When they don't have a need for someone in a certain height but they want to hire them they get put into the Character pool which is essentially a waiting list. It's not a no but it's not a yes either. In six months if they don't contact you, you are welcome to audition again. At least that's what the term means on the east coast.
    Thank you for the information Makes sense.

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    This is so weird! You're like my long lost sister. HAH. Everyone always tells me that WDW is better because it's bigger, exactly. And I always tell them no. Disneyland is the first one walt made, and the only park walt actually stepped inside. It's so special, I love it. Bigger isn't always better :P Yeah, i've never been to disneyworld but Disneyland is just so much better. I forget who said it earlier, but that in WDW if you're a character your restricted to go where you want to go, but in Disneyland you can just roam. YES, we're working together.
    Exactly, we have Walt's magic at Disneyland! =) And Walt's own apartment =) And we are DEFINITELY long lost sisters! Separated at birth. =P Haha!
    It's just so magical, I just feel so fuzzy and warm when I even think about it =P

And if I didn't make it as a character, I'd love to work in attractions!
    I think attractions would be fun, for a few weeks =P As much as I love Disney and everything about it, being a character just feels like the most magical thing in the world to me. =) I would definitely work attractions if I never get to be a character, but not forever... I'd much rather love to be a fuzzie. =P And if all else fails, I'm heading straight for the ice cream parlor =P =D

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    Exactly, we have Walt's magic at Disneyland! =) And Walt's own apartment =) And we are DEFINITELY long lost sisters! Separated at birth. =P Haha!
    It's just so magical, I just feel so fuzzy and warm when I even think about it =P

I think attractions would be fun, for a few weeks =P As much as I love Disney and everything about it, being a character just feels like the most magical thing in the world to me. =) I would definitely work attractions if I never get to be a character, but not forever... I'd much rather love to be a fuzzie. =P And if all else fails, I'm heading straight for the ice cream parlor =P =D
    I know it's true. Ah me too girl! Yup, selling food or something would be alright to. And a fur character! It really is the most magical thing! I'd love to be in the parades. I've been dancing for a while now. Oh, why do we have to wait so long? Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post

AliceinWonderland, if it doesn't matter to you, and you truly want a better chance at face Characters, I would suggest heading to the Walt Disney World CP where they seem a little more relaxed. Entertainment works very differently at Disneyland, then that of Walt Disney World, with different guidelines, and unions within the department. Because CP Cast Members need 40hr weeks, I truly wouldn't see them being put in face roles, or parades at Disneyland. Though they're very good at mixing it up at Walt Disney World from what I hear. So if it doesn't matter which Resort you work at, I would consider the Walt Disney World program first.

It's really interesting to see Block Party over there, it's almost a completely different show then it was over here. Just like Disneyland's "Celebrate! A Street Party" is much more dance heavy then Walt Disney World's.
    CPs at DLR need 32 I think, not 40. And the only reason CPs get to do more at WDW than in DLR is because of the different ways they set up their ent. dept. In FL, performers do everything (well, they can do everything)- face, fur, parades, and shows- and often even more than one in one day. You don't audition specifically for each and every parade/show that you want to be in. If they are training for a parade/show while you're down there, and you have the right color code, you have a chance of being picked to be trained- and you'll just be assigned. In CA though, you either do characters, shows, or parades (or maybe shows & parades is one group?) and while you can cross-train to do more than one dept, it's not that common. Their performers have to audition for each and every parade or show they want to be in. So if you audition and get cast in a parade, when that parade ends its run, you've got to audition for something else or you're done. Because of that, DLR's ent. dept. isn't too CP friendly- which is why they don't do shows/parades and they take fewer performers. I think a lot of the ent. CPs are character greeters instead.

And I don't know what you're talking about- i'm incredibly picky when it comes to entertainment and bad dancers, but BPB looks great in FL. I was pleasently surprised. Now the new Celebrate party... well that one I agree with you on. Keep in mind that choreography in WDW always has to be watered down, not for lack of talent, but because of union rules so as to not step on Equity's toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    I think I'd be much happier at Disneyland, just because I go there so much and it's such a huge part of my childhood =)
    Just something to think about-- I had never even been to WDW before I went to work there. I grew up going to Disneyland numerous times each year, and it was my favorite place on earth and everything else. I now love both parks, and I don't feel like you can compare the two fairly. What I really like though is that WDW is now my "work park", and DLR is still my "play park" Working there hasn't really "ruined magic" like some people say it does, but I still kinda like having the difference. When I'm at DLR I still things from a Guest perspective. When I'm at WDW though, I can't help but see everything from a CM perspective.

That being said, once I graduate, I'm really planning on leaving WDW and switching to DLR hahaha

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    CPs at DLR need 32 I think, not 40. And the only reason CPs get to do more at WDW than in DLR is because of the different ways they set up their ent. dept. In FL, performers do everything (well, they can do everything)- face, fur, parades, and shows- and often even more than one in one day. You don't audition specifically for each and every parade/show that you want to be in. If they are training for a parade/show while you're down there, and you have the right color code, you have a chance of being picked to be trained- and you'll just be assigned. In CA though, you either do characters, shows, or parades (or maybe shows & parades is one group?) and while you can cross-train to do more than one dept, it's not that common. Their performers have to audition for each and every parade or show they want to be in. So if you audition and get cast in a parade, when that parade ends its run, you've got to audition for something else or you're done. Because of that, DLR's ent. dept. isn't too CP friendly- which is why they don't do shows/parades and they take fewer performers. I think a lot of the ent. CPs are character greeters instead.
    I wont comment on the operation on the Disneyland Resort Entertainment Department, though I will say that I haven't seen many if any CP Cast members in the Disneyland Parade department. Let's just say that California State Law requires companies to have 4hr minimum shifts when those come into work for more then a simple meeting. Even with this law, there are very few who make 30 hours a week (working seven days a week would only get you 28 with seven four hour minimums). So when you need 32... you're cutting it short. Also, from talking with CP Cast Members, if you audition for Entertainment but don't get in, the CP get's to place you were they want, and doesn't take your second choice into consideration. Which is why I say CP at WDW is a little more open, for those truly looking to get into the Entertainment department, and more so being a face.

And I don't know what you're talking about- i'm incredibly picky when it comes to entertainment and bad dancers, but BPB looks great in FL. I was pleasently surprised. Now the new Celebrate party... well that one I agree with you on. Keep in mind that choreography in WDW always has to be watered down, not for lack of talent, but because of union rules so as to not step on Equity's toes.
    Oh, BPB looks great I'm sure, it's simply been washed down. What I'm saying is, the things only WDW Equity dancers do there, everyone in our parades can do here (such as the "90 degree kick" rule).
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 04-11-2009 at 02:12 AM.

I just wanna ask i want to become a cast member in disneyland resort paris i am cheerful and happy , i am nice and helpful do you think i could become one or a fur charcter.
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Sock Puppet

What I really like though is that WDW is now my "work park", and DLR is still my "play park" Working there hasn't really "ruined magic" like some people say it does, but I still kinda like having the difference. When I'm at DLR I still things from a Guest perspective. When I'm at WDW though, I can't help but see everything from a CM perspective.
    That is such a good point! I really love the fact how WDW is easy going and let's people do shows, parades, and meet and greets. That's more desireable to me. I'd love to come home and just be free at Disneyland.
    But no matter which Disney park it is, it would be such an amazing place to work at.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoy View Post
    I just wanna ask i want to become a cast member in disneyland resort paris i am cheerful and happy , i am nice and helpful do you think i could become one or a fur charcter.
    That's for Disney to decide But go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoy View Post
    Where are you from? If you're American, your chances aren't that good. The foreign parks usually only recruit friends for face characters here in the states, because there's no shortage of friends for fur characters in their own country. And even when it comes to face, TDL and HKDL recruit pretty heavily in the US, while Paris doesn't. They occasionally have auditions here, but I think they're usually at DLR or WDW. They pull mostly from other parts of Europe and even Australia. If you do happen to live in France though, you've got a much better chance than the rest of us here

• Sock Puppet

Quick question, if you wanted to be a character at WDW or DLR you don't have to go through the CP or anything do you? I'm still confused on stuff like that