Page 100 of 539 FirstFirst ... 507590979899100101102103110125150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 8082

• Cherry Tart

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Ooooh, yikes.

So Terence09 claimed that he is safe because he was one of 5 "unknowns" who played Pete and were potential prototypes for Terence.

I was just told that the managers would not hesitate to fire all 5 of them if it comes to that point. o_o Apparently the first rule of being a face character is don't talk about being a face character.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Last edited by MikeW; 10-04-2009 at 04:55 AM.

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Ooooh, yikes.

So Terence09 claimed that he is safe because he was one of 5 "unknowns" who played Pete and were potential prototypes for Terence.

I was just told that the managers would not hesitate to fire all 5 of them if it comes to that point. o_o Apparently the first rule of being a face character is don't talk about being a face character.
    ...I'm not allowed to swear on micechat...so I'm going to replace swear words with states.

What the Kansas? That is so Missouri-ed up. If this little Michigan claims to be who he says he is, he better turn himself in. Or else...oh Rhode Island, I'm gonna go Washington-ing crazy.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    ...I'm not allowed to swear on micechat...so I'm going to replace swear words with states.

What the Kansas? That is so Missouri-ed up. If this little Michigan claims to be who he says he is, he better turn himself in. Or else...oh Rhode Island, I'm gonna go Washington-ing crazy.

ahaa! very nice way of putting it : )

what do mean a girl dressed as tinkerbell?
    did she actually come in a tinkerbell outfit?
    i'm very curious

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post

Everyone here knows who he is. I think everyone was looking at these threads yesterday. Even people at work were looking at this. He's managed to create quite the gossip ring already. I doubt they'd fire all of them, but even if it came to that it'd be no point, we'd all tell them who posted it. He's lucky I haven't put his name on this threat already. This is pretty stupid and now I'm leaving for work. If a manager asks me who he is, I'll have no problem letting them know.

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by outtie5000 View Post
    Everyone here knows who he is. I think everyone was looking at these threads yesterday. Even people at work were looking at this. He's managed to create quite the gossip ring already. I doubt they'd fire all of them, but even if it came to that it'd be no point, we'd all tell them who posted it. He's lucky I haven't put his name on this threat already. This is pretty stupid and now I'm leaving for work. If a manager asks me who he is, I'll have no problem letting them know.

do you work at disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    do you work at disneyland?
    At this VERY moment, I'm doing stock work for Forever21 (oh joy is me). That's one of my jobs I'm free to talk about . Or complain about, although this is not the place (I'll save you the rant about this being the 3rd time my manager has been late so I just SIT here waiting for her. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!)

I will say, working at Disney is great when you work with great people. When you don't work with great people, then the magic with the guests makes up for it. When that magic doesn't exist (ahem), and you don't work with great people (ahem) then don't bother.

But, don't expect to get a lot of hours if you're not full time (which I'm not). The hours vary, and those who are full time have to get their hours. I keep a second job AND go to school because I need the money (esp since it now costs more money this year and they are giving me less. Thanks Mr Governator)

• Pegasus' most hyper fan

On a side note...this thread has finally reached 100 pages : )

• aliceindisneyland

At this VERY moment, I'm doing stock work for Forever21 (oh joy is me). That's one of my jobs I'm free to talk about . Or complain about, although this is not the place (I'll save you the rant about this being the 3rd time my manager has been late so I just SIT here waiting for her. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!)

I will say, working at Disney is great when you work with great people. When you don't work with great people, then the magic with the guests makes up for it. When that magic doesn't exist (ahem), and you don't work with great people (ahem) then don't bother.

But, don't expect to get a lot of hours if you're not full time (which I'm not). The hours vary, and those who are full time have to get their hours. I keep a second job AND go to school because I need the money (esp since it now costs more money this year and they are giving me less. Thanks Mr Governator)

how do you actually get to be full time??
    i've heard of people earning up to $20
    and people working 5 days..
    Last edited by beckix.o.x; 09-01-2009 at 06:02 AM.

• Hopeful <3

Wait so even if you work full time its still hard to get hours? Sheesh! lol, I've heard a few different insights on this, for instance if your not of seniority its already hard to get hours, but if your new then forget about it, like if your a face character, you'd be luck to work three a month! Is that true?
    Live believing, Dreams are for weaving, Wonders are waiting to start

I believe what the author of the post meant was that it is difficult to get hours if you are not full time because the people who are full time are getting most of them.

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    I believe what the author of the post meant was that it is difficult to get hours if you are not full time because the people who are full time are getting most of them.

yeah, but how do you actually get to be full-time???

how do you actually get to be full time??
    i've heard of people earning up to $20
    and people working 5 days..
    These days, I'm not sure. I'm newer with the company compared to many of my friends in the department. Only 2 of them are full time. It might be easier to get full time in other departments outside of entertainment, but the feeling I got when I asked was there are so many people that want this job, that they don't need to give full time. It's cheaper for Disney to give more people casual part time spots than to give fewer people full time spots. So, that's what they do.

As far as pay, that really does depend on the person, how long they have been here, and if their manager knows anything about them when it comes time to increase wages.

The new thing that should affect hours is a shift from a pure seniority rule when giving hours, to giving it to those who deserve them more (based on how well they portray their character). I know a few people had dramatic changes to their hours based on some of these changes.

But, if youíre in school, you canít really work full time because you will not be available enough. I usually get 2 days in the park. Itís nice that they are almost always the same day, but itís not nearly enough money so I work a second job.

• aliceindisneyland

These days, I'm not sure. I'm newer with the company compared to many of my friends in the department. Only 2 of them are full time. It might be easier to get full time in other departments outside of entertainment, but the feeling I got when I asked was there are so many people that want this job, that they don't need to give full time. It's cheaper for Disney to give more people casual part time spots than to give fewer people full time spots. So, that's what they do.

As far as pay, that really does depend on the person, how long they have been here, and if their manager knows anything about them when it comes time to increase wages.

The new thing that should affect hours is a shift from a pure seniority rule when giving hours, to giving it to those who deserve them more (based on how well they portray their character). I know a few people had dramatic changes to their hours based on some of these changes.

But, if youíre in school, you canít really work full time because you will not be available enough. I usually get 2 days in the park. Itís nice that they are almost always the same day, but itís not nearly enough money so I work a second job.

so your pretty much saying:

1. they don't give full time out often.

2. pay is pretty much based on how well you portray the character,how long you've been there and seniority.

3.you don't get alot of hours if your also at school.

4. you need a seond job because the pay isn't good.

but can you work as a walk-around but also do parades??

• Following the Second Star

what do mean a girl dressed as tinkerbell?
    did she actually come in a tinkerbell outfit?
    i'm very curious
    That's what "the girl dressed as Tinkerbell" implies, yes?

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.