Page 101 of 526 FirstFirst ... 5176919899100101102103104111126151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 7878

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    so your pretty much saying:

1. they don't give full time out often.

2. pay is pretty much based on how well you portray the character,how long you've been there and seniority.

3.you don't get alot of hours if your also at school.

4. you need a seond job because the pay isn't good.

but can you work as a walk-around but also do parades??
    1. Yes

2. Yes and no. Depends on the type of character you are, too. Different jobs get different premiums. It also depends on the show, if your job is union (as a face character, you are not), etc.

3. Yes and no. It depends on when you put your availability. But, you have to stick with that for an entire "block" (season) that they schedule you and once you are put in, they are not very flexible with you. As a result, I had to be more conservative with when I said I'm available. My other job is MUCH more flexible, as we schedule bi-weekly and if I need to be somewhere for a class project and know a couple weeks ahead, they are able to help me out. Disney is not.

4. Yes. Wage is not great, and you don't get enough hours. You do this job not because of the pay, but because of some other "value" it gives you. What that value is, is really up to you. It might be a "dream" job, you might like getting into the park for free, you might like the interactions with guests, etc. But it's not for the pay. Making 20/hr is rare, even with a face premium. Most people make much less.

To answer your final question, in some cases I think you can. I'm not too sure, as I don't do it, but I know there are others who have. There are some rules about how much time you can do parades, as that is not the character department. I also think the rule is parades people cannot do character work (walking around in the park, etc), but character people can do parades work on a limited basis. If a parade performer wanted to do his/her character outside of a parade, he/she would have to audition just like everyone else. If a character performer wanted to do a parade, I don't think he/she has to go to a parades audition (At least not always. It's murky to me as I know people have done it without the parade audition, but I don't know if an exception was made or not. But this does not strike me as the type of place that would make that type of exception.)
    Last edited by outtie5000; 09-01-2009 at 12:19 PM.

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by outtie5000 View Post
    1. Yes

2. Yes and no. Depends on the type of character you are, too. Different jobs get different premiums. It also depends on the show, if your job is union (as a face character, you are not), etc.

3. Yes and no. It depends on when you put your availability. But, you have to stick with that for an entire "block" (season) that they schedule you and once you are put in, they are not very flexible with you. As a result, I had to be more conservative with when I said I'm available. My other job is MUCH more flexible, as we schedule bi-weekly and if I need to be somewhere for a class project and know a couple weeks ahead, they are able to help me out. Disney is not.

4. Yes. Wage is not great, and you don't get enough hours. You do this job not because of the pay, but because of some other "value" it gives you. What that value is, is really up to you. It might be a "dream" job, you might like getting into the park for free, you might like the interactions with guests, etc. But it's not for the pay. Making 20/hr is rare, even with a face premium. Most people make much less.

To answer your final question, in some cases I think you can. I'm not too sure, as I don't do it, but I know there are others who have. There are some rules about how much time you can do parades, as that is not the character department. I also think the rule is parades people cannot do character work (walking around in the park, etc), but character people can do parades work on a limited basis. If a parade performer wanted to do his/her character outside of a parade, he/she would have to audition just like everyone else. If a character performer wanted to do a parade, I don't think he/she has to go to a parades audition (At least not always. It's murky to me as I know of people have done it without the parade audition, but I don't know if an exception was made or not. But this does not strike me as the type of place that would make that type of exception.)
    so what about if your just a walk-around character say alice??

so i get the impression it's probably best if you get a second job too...
    but what if you state as being available at all times??

it seems hard being a cast member at disneyland.
    but i've heard of people doing 5 days as a character..can't you state how available you are??

are you allowed to say how much the pay is?

Angry Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Hey guys. Just wanted to say something because I've been following this thread after the auditions. I was curious to see if anyone was truly going to come on here and say, "HEY ALL YOU CRAZY OBSESSED PEOPLE! GUESS WHAT! I'M BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

No offense to the crazy obsessed people. It's cool. I'm obsessed with Disney, too. XD

Let's get this straight:

Kids can find this website. All they have to do is type in "Terence and Tinkerbell" and I bet somewhere along the lines, this page would show up.

Then guess what? The magic that Disney works SO hard to protect is gone for that kid.

So maybe you say, "So what? It's just one person."

It could have been you. If you're on this site, reading this, chances are that you're a disney fan, and chances are you STILL get excited to see Mickey and Minnie. You believed the allusion when you were younger and you still think of Chip as a chipmonk, and not anything more than that.

So to come on here and say, "I'm so-and-so!" is 1) A lie. You are not a fairy. 2) Completely unnecessary. If you're so proud of yourself, go tell your mom and dad and friends. Don't come on here to try to get yourself a little fan club.

To work at the Disneyland Resort (especially in Entertainment!!), you need to VALUE THE MAGIC. I will never understand someone who doesn't do that. There are 100 people who would love to be in your position and they would not let their head grow quite so large.

All I want to say is NOT COOL MAN. SO NOT COOL. And that person can try to blame it on their "friend" all they want but eeeeeeveryone knows it was you and eeeeeeeveryone thinks it's pathetic.

So congrats! I hope you're livin the dream.

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by fairy. View Post
    Hey guys. Just wanted to say something because I've been following this thread after the auditions. I was curious to see if anyone was truly going to come on here and say, "HEY ALL YOU CRAZY OBSESSED PEOPLE! GUESS WHAT! I'M BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

No offense to the crazy obsessed people. It's cool. I'm obsessed with Disney, too. XD

Let's get this straight:

Kids can find this website. All they have to do is type in "Terence and Tinkerbell" and I bet somewhere along the lines, this page would show up.

Then guess what? The magic that Disney works SO hard to protect is gone for that kid.

So maybe you say, "So what? It's just one person."

It could have been you. If you're on this site, reading this, chances are that you're a disney fan, and chances are you STILL get excited to see Mickey and Minnie. You believed the allusion when you were younger and you still think of Chip as a chipmonk, and not anything more than that.

So to come on here and say, "I'm so-and-so!" is 1) A lie. You are not a fairy. 2) Completely unnecessary. If you're so proud of yourself, go tell your mom and dad and friends. Don't come on here to try to get yourself a little fan club.

To work at the Disneyland Resort (especially in Entertainment!!), you need to VALUE THE MAGIC. I will never understand someone who doesn't do that. There are 100 people who would love to be in your position and they would not let their head grow quite so large.

All I want to say is NOT COOL MAN. SO NOT COOL. And that person can try to blame it on their "friend" all they want but eeeeeeveryone knows it was you and eeeeeeeveryone thinks it's pathetic.

So congrats! I hope you're livin the dream.

are you saying this to people like me??

or to the person saying he's a fairy..

i value the magic very much, i still get excited when i see a character...i'd never seen some and i'm like "wow! look it's wendy!!!

(that is what i actually said by the way..

Should have clarified that. That was aimed towards the person saying he's going to be friends with Terence at Disneyland.

Although he didn't use those words. -_- Grrr.

I know A LOT of people value the magic. That's why it made me upset.

• aliceindisneyland

Should have clarified that. That was aimed towards the person saying he's going to be friends with Terence at Disneyland.

Although he didn't use those words. -_- Grrr.

I know A LOT of people value the magic. That's why it made me upset.

oh thankyou

yes, it was quite ruining the magic.
    it is also illegal(like for disney) to say who you are friend's with.
    i don't think you can tell your friends or family.

Hahaha noooo you can tell your friends, your family, your neighbors, your classmates, people at the mall, whatever.

You just are not allowed to post on public websites that you "are" a disney character.

The internet is dangerous. Word of mouth is pretty harmless.

• aliceindisneyland

Hahaha noooo you can tell your friends, your family, your neighbors, your classmates, people at the mall, whatever.

You just are not allowed to post on public websites that you "are" a disney character.

The internet is dangerous. Word of mouth is pretty harmless.

oh right i didn't know that..

• Hopeful <3

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    I believe what the author of the post meant was that it is difficult to get hours if you are not full time because the people who are full time are getting most of them.
    Oh okay then that would make sense, but I wonder why disney has so many characters. Sorry to refere to things I've heard once again but they seem a bit unfair, like for instance someone who's worked there the longest get more time out of the week than any one the newer characters, and they really get no time. Is it really just a "work your way up" kind of thing?
    Live believing, Dreams are for weaving, Wonders are waiting to start

• Following the Second Star

So to come on here and say, "I'm so-and-so!" is 1) A lie. You are not a fairy.
    You win so hard for that alone.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

so its okay for all of us to talk about the auditions just not if we were to become friends with any characterS?? maybe somebody should tell terrence to delete his post so that kids wont be able to read it....or maybe this whole thread??

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Holy cow drama! I've been watching this all go down and I just knew heads were going to roll. I really hope what LittleCricket said is not true and that it doesn't result in the other guys getting punished for one giant idiots stupid mistake!

Also
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
    Coincidentially, did anyone else see the girl who dressed up as Tinkerbell to this audition? What on Earth?!?
    Yes, yes I did *facepalm*

• Sock Puppet

You know, I love this thread, but maybe we should close it down or something like i've stated early. I just almost feel like everytime this thread gets posted, i'm the one ruining the magic because i'm the one who posted it

I just would never want a child to search and find this and start reading it not knowing really what it was. Unless they really understand and would value the magic themselves too.

I'm not even A CM and I still understand and value the magic more then I ever have now xD

• Great Googily Moogily!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    You know, I love this thread, but maybe we should close it down or something like i've stated early. I just almost feel like everytime this thread gets posted, i'm the one ruining the magic because i'm the one who posted it

I just would never want a child to search and find this and start reading it not knowing really what it was. Unless they really understand and would value the magic themselves too.

I'm not even A CM and I still understand and value the magic more then I ever have now xD
    Awww Olivia. Your not ruining the magic for anyone, the stupid immature person/people are. If anything you are bringing the magic to us. To me being a character at the parks was just a silly after thought, but now its something Im seriously trying to go after and that wouldn't have happend if it weren't for this thread. Now if you feel more comfortable closing this thread then thats your choice, but I dont want you to feel like you've ruined the magic for anyone.
    Have you PLay'ed today?

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post

Threads close at 2,000 posts (I believe) so this will be closed soon.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.