Page 106 of 536 FirstFirst ... 6568196103104105106107108109116131156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 8037

• Hopeful <3

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Oh and for the record, I learned that Terence09 back on page 96 will NOT be joining Pixie Hollow after all. Tough luck.

Oh thats seriously unfortunate, he must be totally bummed out..
    Live believing, Dreams are for weaving, Wonders are waiting to start

Hi Everybody!

I really want to audition for Disneyland Paris
    I found this forum really helpful so thank you to everyone for posting.
    I'm 5'3.5 maybe even 5'4, I have hazel eyes and auburn hair, I'm wearing fake tan in my picture, but my skin is as porcelein as it gets, I'm irish lol! Do they go for white skin or should I wear tan to my audition?
    Please look at my photograph and tell me if you think I might have a chance auditioning for face. Oh and I weigh 125 lbs.... any advice really appreciated even if its bad!

Photo Album
    Last edited by BroadwayStar; 09-06-2009 at 09:24 AM.

• Characters are my friends

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Oh and for the record, I learned that Terence09 back on page 96 will NOT be joining Pixie Hollow after all. Tough luck.
    Yikes. That stinks
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayStar View Post
    Hi Everybody!

I really want to audition for Disneyland Paris
    I found this forum really helpful so thank you to everyone for posting.
    I'm 5'3.5 maybe even 5'4, I have hazel eyes and auburn hair, I'm wearing fake tan in my picture, but my skin is as porcelein as it gets, I'm irish lol! Do they go for white skin or should I wear tan to my audition?
    Please look at my photograph and tell me if you think I might have a chance auditioning for face. Oh and I weigh 125 lbs.... any advice really appreciated even if its bad!

Photo Album
    I heard tokyo heights and I'm not sure about paris heights, are different then DLR and WDW heights for face characters. But I think you'd make a good snow white Also to the audition, don't wear fake tan just come as you are!

Does Snow White have brown eyes? mine are hazel but they seem to photograph brown as you can see! so I guess my only hope is Snow White or Belle, and seeing as I'm auditioning for Paris and Belle is French, I'd say I'm out of luck
    I read that Alice is 5'5 in Paris so you are probably right about the heights being different, pity I can't find much on Paris at all.
    I'd love to audition for LA but its an 11 hour flight, Paris is so close to Ireland.
    Last edited by BroadwayStar; 09-06-2009 at 01:50 PM.

• Pegasus' most hyper fan

I'd love to audition for LA but its an 11 hour flight, Paris is so close to Ireland.
    Could you audition at WDW in Florida? It seems like that may be a lot closer to you. WDW also seems to be more accommodating than DL since they need a significantly larger number of faces for characters.

I've never been to Florida, and I love California!
    Thanks for that info though I didn't know that. Only thing is I bet my Irish accent would be a problem, in France I think they expect Brits and the Irish, well they hold the auditions in London anyway, plus the French wouldn't notice my accent they probably just hear english lol! It would be a long way to go and a very expensive plane ticket if I didnt get it. I can fly to England for half nothing its only an hour away.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence09 View Post
    in response to beckix:

no you don't have to be a fuzzie to be a face character, however I have heard stories of girls with "princess syndrome" being given fuzzy shifts on hot days from time to time :P

this site is in no way affiliated with disney and therefore is not a valid nor credible source on the subject of anything Disney, therefore I could pretty much say that I was going to be a walk around character of the castle and it would have just as much validity in the eyes of the Disney Co.

I value the magic in a way that is almost fanatical, I simply view this site, with its extremely lax view on the "magic" of disney, differently. The fact that most of the people I have seen here are older and already understand a good deal about the secrets behind the "magic," gives way to a sense of understanding. If there was a single child on this site that read these forums expecting to get a response from the REAL mickey, minnie, Terence, Tink, Aladdin, Peter Pan etc. I would not make a single comment regarding anything that happened in Disney's production of the stage show they call Disneyland.

and about the being fired part... do you know my name? cuz disney doesn't.
    I know who you are. You've given people enough info to identify you.

If you are a Cast Member who publicly reveals information such as you have, Disney is well within their rights to discipline you up to and including termination. Did you read ALL the paperwork you were given upon being hired and retain copies for yourself?

I think the company understands if you tell family and friends what you do. But a public forum such as this which anyone has access to is a completely different story. Time and time again I hear of unfortunate consequences from actions such as these.

I would caution any current or hopeful Cast Member to remember that your behavior off the clock can affect your job.

~~The stars at night, are big & bright.... deep in the heart of Texas!~~

Quote Originally Posted by gymskate View Post
    Could you audition at WDW in Florida? It seems like that may be a lot closer to you. WDW also seems to be more accommodating than DL since they need a significantly larger number of faces for characters.
    I wouldn't mind trying out for this, I think of course like what you said, that I would have a better chance of getting hired here than CA but the only down side is I don't know anyone that lives in FL that I could room with and also that WDW doesn't provide housing like with someone getting a job in Tokyo. Oh well.
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

• Disney Dream 10/23!!

Quote Originally Posted by AllyH09 View Post
    I also want to mention something talked about a while back. I think the sizes you guys are giving are false. Yes they don't hire anorexics but think back to when you went to Disney and took a picture with Belle or Jasmine or Alice or whoever. Did any of those girls look like they were a 10? As nice as that would be theres just no way. These girls are tiny tiny tiny.
    Keep in mind that they're going by seamstress sizes, not clothing size. While I was at disney I wore a size 6 or an 8 in street clothes, but my disney costume was usually a 14!

Quote Originally Posted by Arilvdc View Post
    Keep in mind that they're going by seamstress sizes, not clothing size. While I was at disney I wore a size 6 or an 8 in street clothes, but my disney costume was usually a 14!
    But thats a dress size right? Still rather small.

hey! is anybody going to the auditions for the christmas parade?? I was wondering if anybody has ever been...r they looking for face characters or just dance performers???

• Hopeful <3

wow like an average 14? Thats so strange, I've heard that the costume arent regular clothing sizes, but I never know If that meant they ran smaller or larger..thats odd!

• Closed Account

Uh, yeah, totally agreed. You get to Disneyland for your first day of on the job training, your confidence is sky high, and then you go to try on the pants and you go from a size 6 to a size 12. And if you're me, the sleeves aren't long enough, so you're a 12 in the blouses too. Thank goodness for the skirts, which run a little more true to size.
    Just goes to show, clothing sizes are just numbers, and not something to base your self confidence on.

• Hopeful <3

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    Uh, yeah, totally agreed. You get to Disneyland for your first day of on the job training, your confidence is sky high, and then you go to try on the pants and you go from a size 6 to a size 12. And if you're me, the sleeves aren't long enough, so you're a 12 in the blouses too. Thank goodness for the skirts, which run a little more true to size.
    Just goes to show, clothing sizes are just numbers, and not something to base your self confidence on.

Oh so do you mean your costume was too big..?