Page 108 of 540 FirstFirst ... 8588398105106107108109110111118133158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 8087

• aliceindisneyland

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by ACByourself View Post
    It's meant to be an audition for the Christmas Fantasy Parade. As far as I know they are looking for dancers, but from what I understand is that on rare occasions they pull aside a select few for face character auditions.

ooh, i'd love to be in the christmas fantasy parade...

i also just figured out that the alice in wonderland float with the big table and alice and hatter are stood on it that it was only for parade of dreams : ( i'd have loved to be on that float it was amazing!

• *~-optimistic-~*

way off topic from what we're talking about, but me too. well, except for the "long-lost sister" part.
    late, but i totally agree.
    "But they say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true."

• Pegasus' most hyper fan

Good luck to anyone going to the parade auditions this weekend. If you go, let us know how it goes : )

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by gymskate View Post
    Good luck to anyone going to the parade auditions this weekend. If you go, let us know how it goes : )

yes please do!

• aliceindisneyland

wow no-one's said anything here in a while does anyone know hw the auditions went??

• Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    wow no-one's said anything here in a while does anyone know hw the auditions went??
    yeah, no kidding. i wonder how everyone did at the auditions.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    -Walt Disney

• aliceindisneyland

yeahh, i hope people have done well!

• Closed Account

yeah, no kidding. i wonder how everyone did at the auditions.
    wait, didn't u go? how was it?

• Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by totallynot05 View Post
    wait, didn't u go? how was it?
    i would have, but i was offered a job before the auditions so i took it.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
    -Walt Disney

• Pegasus' most hyper fan

Congrats on getting a job ACByourself : )

• aliceindisneyland

yeyy! acb yourself!

I tried asking this elsewhere but was not answered. Can somebody tell me a little more about the acting portion of the audition? I've heard different things and I'm sure it's a little different each audition or depending on which park you are auditioning for, but I just wanted to find out a little more about it. For example, do they give you a script to read or is it improv? And does it have to do with the character they imagine you being or is it more of a general acting thing?

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

A job as a character, I hope?

I'm still muddling over whether being a character is as great as I'd like to think it is. Anyone have an idea what the sweet to sour ratio is? What percentage of kids are there to have a nice, happy time with the characters, and how many get pleasure by kicking them in the shins? I love kids, but will they love me back?

'Cause I love my lower limbs, too...
    Last edited by Garfieldo; 09-21-2009 at 12:21 AM.

• Hopeful <3

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    I tried asking this elsewhere but was not answered. Can somebody tell me a little more about the acting portion of the audition? I've heard different things and I'm sure it's a little different each audition or depending on which park you are auditioning for, but I just wanted to find out a little more about it. For example, do they give you a script to read or is it improv? And does it have to do with the character they imagine you being or is it more of a general acting thing?

Its a little further ahead in this thread, but there's a few different walk throughs of the face character auditions, and everything is covered, theyre a bit hard to find though, lol. But as far as I know, it's nice to have some acting experience, and to be able to portray the voice of the character your pursuing; but its not a necessity. I'm sure they work with you on your character waaay before your sent out, you have to be legit
    Live believing, Dreams are for weaving, Wonders are waiting to start

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Lilac View Post
    i found this: I was at a park an I got hungry, so I looked around and searched for a place to eat (rubbed my belly, scratched head wondering like what I might like to eat) saw a place (jumped up and pointed excitedly) then pointed to something on the menu like I was ordering, gave over money, got a huge hotdog (like i held out both my arms like it was huge, like i was holding a big baby or sumthing, imagine a foot wide hotdog that is like 3 ft. long and such) then was happy, grabbed a jar of ketchup (like a big bottle, nalgene bottle sized) sprayed it on, then help it up leaned back and ate a big bite. Obviously this sounds like alot but this is more in depth, the big movements were looking, pointing, getting hot dog, spraying on ketchup and taking a bite. The "big" i referred to is just that you are doing this with a huge fur outfit on and for little kids who are not going to understand little subtle moves. so regardless of the fact you have no costume at the audition, they will be looking for someone who, even wit the outfit on, will be able to be understood, so EVERY SINGLE MOVE YOU MAKE (this also goes for the dance) NEEDS TO BE BIG< LARGER THAN LIFE, EXAGGERATED!!!!! over the top, when you feel incredibly stupid doing the moves, take it another 10 steps and you are close to what they want. Facial expression is also very important. thats one of the animations that you do

and also i found....The order is: music starts "Strike your first pose!" this is some crazy one you find, then "Start meet your character", 10 sec. later "Get Food" then "5,6,7,8" and the dance, then without stopping you strike your pose again , meet, eat, "5,6,7,8" dance. so 2 cycles. You learn and practice with the whole group usually unless it is HUGE but remember, even then they are watching so just always smile and do your best. Then you audition by groups of 4 or 6 for the final show to the auditioner...i don't know what audition it was for though

also i've never heard of any little child kicking characters in the shins, when i've been there they're more like mesmorised than wanting to hurt them..