Page 110 of 537 FirstFirst ... 106085100107108109110111112113120135160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 8045
  1. #1636

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    110

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Oh yes, I know what you mean. I'm sure I will look back and miss being a kid someday but its hard to imagine sometimes haha

    Has anyone gone to the Halloween trick or treat party thing before?!?!

  2. #1637

    • Characters are my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
    Posts
    780

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    well those parents are well out of order. if they do it on purpose then they are very ignorant and if it was that bad should be escorted from the park. those CM work hard to make a pleasurable stay and they do that, they should be ashamed then.
    i understand about children but i wonder why they do it...
    Because they are drunk, trying to show off to friends, are just plain stupid, trying to be cool, or any others I can't think of now.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

    Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

  3. #1638

    • aliceindisneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    Because they are drunk, trying to show off to friends, are just plain stupid, trying to be cool, or any others I can't think of now.
    they shouldn't be drunk in disneyland in the first place. i don;t think it's cool one bit to harm a charcter or any cast member for that matter. i can imagine a teenager saying something to impress friends but not an adult especially around children.

  4. #1639

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    42

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Hi everyone. I looked through about 1/4 of this thread so far, will look through more later when I have more time..

    I am 19, around 5'1", 110 lbs. I auditioned last year at an open call for Disney Princesses and Fairies at Walt Disney World (FL), making it past the first cut. I was cut in the second stage, without any explanation. I blame it mostly on my attire (I was dressed a bit too casually) and demeanor (I flinched when they looked at me the second time due to nerves).

    I am planning on auditioning in October again for WDW, as well in November for the roles in Hong Kong. I'm posting to see if the guidelines are different for HK as compared to WDW. I'm assuming I was looked at for Tink or one of the other fairies in Pixie Hollow last year, but at the HK Auditions I would be best suited for Alice (they are not looking for Fairies).

    Any experiences/advice is welcome. I'm really concerned about attire, I'm thinking of wearing a nice dress and heels but the whole "possibly learning a dance routine" thing worries me.
    Here's my face for any feedback (be as brutal as you'd like. I personally think my nose and chin are problems, as well as my smile). I'm also more concerned about the guidelines for HK, as I prefer that over WDW.

    Thanks for looking and any help anyone can offer. You guys are really great.

    removed photo
    Last edited by v-13; 11-15-2009 at 03:35 PM.

  5. #1640

    • aliceindisneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by v-13 View Post
    Hi everyone. I looked through about 1/4 of this thread so far, will look through more later when I have more time..

    I am 19, around 5'1", 110 lbs. I auditioned last year at an open call for Disney Princesses and Fairies at Walt Disney World (FL), making it past the first cut. I was cut in the second stage, without any explanation. I blame it mostly on my attire (I was dressed a bit too casually) and demeanor (I flinched when they looked at me the second time due to nerves).

    I am planning on auditioning in October again for WDW, as well in November for the roles in Hong Kong. I'm posting to see if the guidelines are different for HK as compared to WDW. I'm assuming I was looked at for Tink or one of the other fairies in Pixie Hollow last year, but at the HK Auditions I would be best suited for Alice (they are not looking for Fairies).

    Any experiences/advice is welcome. I'm really concerned about attire, I'm thinking of wearing a nice dress and heels but the whole "possibly learning a dance routine" thing worries me.
    Here's my face for any feedback (be as brutal as you'd like. I personally think my nose and chin are problems, as well as my smile). I'm also more concerned about the guidelines for HK, as I prefer that over WDW.

    Thanks for looking and any help anyone can offer. You guys are really great.

    http://i37.tinypic.com/30w1pv6.jpg

    welcome to micechat!
    i haven't been to an audition but i've learn't alot from this thread, i don't know about hong kong but you could be alice and i understand why they liked you for tinkerbell ,your very pretty , there's nothing wrong with your nose and chin at all!
    sorry about you not getting through but good look in hong kong!
    i hope someone answers your questions, but if you keep looking through the thread there might be some info, good luck!
    Last edited by beckix.o.x; 10-18-2009 at 09:47 AM.

  6. #1641

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,168

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    It does happen, unfortunately. Little kids get rough with the characters all the time (and not even kids- there have been instances of adults getting rough with the characters).
    amen Joanna!
    Jeff Wayne







  7. #1642

    • Cherry Tart
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    690

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by v-13 View Post
    I'm really concerned about attire, I'm thinking of wearing a nice dress and heels but the whole "possibly learning a dance routine" thing worries me.
    Here's my face for any feedback (be as brutal as you'd like. I personally think my nose and chin are problems, as well as my smile). I'm also more concerned about the guidelines for HK, as I prefer that over WDW.

    Thanks for looking and any help anyone can offer. You guys are really great.

    http://i37.tinypic.com/30w1pv6.jpg
    Don't wear heels. First off, they will give you the appearance of being taller, which is not good if you want Alice or Tink. They'll ask you to take them off anyway if they measure your height. If you must, wear "character shoes" which are made for dancing (because there WILL be a dance). You have a very nice face, I personally think you'd make a lovely Alice. I highly doubt you were cut because of your attire, I've seen girls get in wearing just sweats and tank tops. Was this your first audition? Because almost EVERYONE is cut their first audition for various reasons. It takes most girls anywhere from 5 to 10 times (or more) to get in.

    The worst thing you can do is worry about what you did wrong, because it's likely you didn't do anything wrong. It was just the luck of the draw, because that's what happens at these auditions. Just keep trying, and be confident and SMILE. At my last audition, they made a point of it as we danced, saying "C'mon girls, it's the day you found the prince of your dreams, SMILE!"

    But I don't want to go among MAD people!

  8. #1643

    • aliceindisneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Just keep trying, and be confident and SMILE. At my last audition, they made a point of it as we danced, saying "C'mon girls, it's the day you found the prince of your dreams, SMILE!"
    that's very good way to say smile! i like that

  9. #1644

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    42

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Thank you for the encouraging words, becki <3

    Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Don't wear heels. First off, they will give you the appearance of being taller, which is not good if you want Alice or Tink. They'll ask you to take them off anyway if they measure your height. If you must, wear "character shoes" which are made for dancing (because there WILL be a dance). You have a very nice face, I personally think you'd make a lovely Alice. I highly doubt you were cut because of your attire, I've seen girls get in wearing just sweats and tank tops. Was this your first audition? Because almost EVERYONE is cut their first audition for various reasons. It takes most girls anywhere from 5 to 10 times (or more) to get in.

    The worst thing you can do is worry about what you did wrong, because it's likely you didn't do anything wrong. It was just the luck of the draw, because that's what happens at these auditions. Just keep trying, and be confident and SMILE. At my last audition, they made a point of it as we danced, saying "C'mon girls, it's the day you found the prince of your dreams, SMILE!"
    I have looked into character shoes thanks to your suggestion and I will definitely invest in a pair of these. I will feel a bit more "nice" and professional, yet I can still move in them. Thank you so much.

    Yes, it was my first audition. It was really last-minute and rushed, too, so while I wasn't expecting to make it at all, the fact that I made it even past the first round was really inspiring to even be considered, you know? I definitely want to keep trying. Your tips are noted and I will definitely keep them in mind.

    Thank you so much for your responses everyone. I really appreciate it.

  10. #1645

    • Art, music, glitter, tofu
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    81

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Being a princess would be awesome, but I'm too short and my skin isn't exactly flawless. xD
    I need to take a vacation.
    April 17 - The Young Veins : COMPLETED
    June 24 - The Young Veins (again)
    July 31- August 7- 16th Birthday @ Disneyland
    August 15 - VersaEmerge
    August 19 - The Monster Ball: Starring Lady Gaga



    twitter.com/itsnicoletaylor
    itsnicoletaylor.tumblr.com
    facebook.com/fueledbynicoletaylor

  11. #1646

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    42

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Hello everyone again, back with another pesky question..

    Orlando has that 6-month rule on their auditions.

    If I were to audition in Orlando for WDW, say, November 1, and then audition in Orlando (same place of audition) for HKDL two weeks later, would this 6 month rule apply? Or is it invalid because I'm applying for two different parks (even though the audition location is the same)?

    Thanks again. I finally read through this ENTIRE thread today (nerves are getting the best of me..) and you guys have all been so, so helpful.

    Also, anyone know what the turnouts are like for HKDL? I know Tokyo is pretty popular, but you don't hear much talk about HK on here.

  12. #1647

    • Cherry Tart
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    690

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by v-13 View Post
    If I were to audition in Orlando for WDW, say, November 1, and then audition in Orlando (same place of audition) for HKDL two weeks later, would this 6 month rule apply? Or is it invalid because I'm applying for two different parks (even though the audition location is the same)
    I highly doubt the 6 month rule would apply to Hong Kong. Go to both auditions, I doubt anyone would stop you.

    But I don't want to go among MAD people!

  13. #1648

    • Once upon a dream
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    A place called California!
    Posts
    622

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    This is a question about the rules and just a what do you think kind of thing.

    I am 15, 5'10, blue eys, 150 lbs :\ I plan to try out for a Face character when I am able to and I am afriad I am going to be TOO tall to play ANY face character

    I would like to Play Mad Hatter, Peter Pan, or Any Princes but I think I am too tall :\

  14. #1649

    • Far too curious
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    694

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by Babs09 View Post
    This is a question about the rules and just a what do you think kind of thing.

    I am 15, 5'10, blue eys, 150 lbs :\ I plan to try out for a Face character when I am able to and I am afriad I am going to be TOO tall to play ANY face character

    I would like to Play Mad Hatter, Peter Pan, or Any Princes but I think I am too tall :\
    For Hatter and Peter you have definitely exceeded the height limit. Hatter is a little on the short side, and Peter is even shorter than that.

    Princes, though, are a bit taller, as is Bert from Mary Poppins.

  15. #1650

    • Official Disney Princess
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    113

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Just curious...Since everybody is asking!

    I'm about 5'3 1/2...Blue eyes...120 lbs
    What character's would I fit? I've heard mixed things about height. People have told me I would make a good Snow White/Belle/Ariel, but I'm not sure if I'm the right height for those gals..


Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Anyone attending Hollywood auditions for Tokyo Disney face character/dancer?
    By lauranelson27 in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 03:48 AM
  2. Face Character auditions...AGAIN!
    By Raiderette4gnr in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 02:08 AM
  3. face character auditions!
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
  4. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By Rocker in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 07:53 AM
  5. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By broadwaybaby615 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •