Page 14 of 530 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617243964114514 ... LastLast

• I'm Wishing...

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    I'm curious to know what kind of dance routine it is, haha.
    I think it's probably something like the Princess Fantasy Faire Dance they used to have at DL. I remember reading somewhere that its a dance with 4 counts of 8, which is about what the princess fantasy faire dance is.... So maybe! I'm not the best dancer in the world (haha!) but they aren't too hard. I'm sure they just want to see if you can move well and memorize a routine.... And they'll probably be looking for personality and shine rather than perfection with the dance steps. I'm sure if someone isn't amazing at dance but is amazing at everything else they can teach them. The princesses don't dance much, anyway =)

But I truly have no idea! =P

Also, Olivia, I LOVE your new icon! =D

ok so the audition that im planning on going to is in like a week...but i was told by a disney info person that i didnt have to have filled my application out before i auditioned...like i want to just see how the audition goes and then decide if i should apply. so i havent had an interview...is that okay?

really, theres only 2 semesters i can even apply for and next semester isnt really the best, but i figure i should see what happens and obviously if i get a role i would consider doing it this semester more carefully. but everyone seems to say that disney doesnt tell you what character you are until you get to disney. i guess i would just hate to pass the audition hoping i got a face character and get down there and realize im stuck in fur in florida heat. so im just not sure what to do. what do you guys think?

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by cheerangel2712 View Post
    but everyone seems to say that disney doesnt tell you what character you are until you get to disney. i guess i would just hate to pass the audition hoping i got a face character and get down there and realize im stuck in fur in florida heat. so im just not sure what to do. what do you guys think?
    Sounds like you'll be auditioning for DEP, they'll let you know what they're hiring you for when they offer you the position in the parade.

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    I'm curious to know what kind of dance routine it is, haha.
    It's different every time.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    I think it's probably something like the Princess Fantasy Faire Dance they used to have at DL. I remember reading somewhere that its a dance with 4 counts of 8, which is about what the princess fantasy faire dance is.... So maybe! I'm not the best dancer in the world (haha!) but they aren't too hard. I'm sure they just want to see if you can move well and memorize a routine.... And they'll probably be looking for personality and shine rather than perfection with the dance steps. I'm sure if someone isn't amazing at dance but is amazing at everything else they can teach them. The princesses don't dance much, anyway =)

But I truly have no idea! =P

Also, Olivia, I LOVE your new icon! =D
    Haha, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    Sounds like you'll be auditioning for DEP, they'll let you know what they're hiring you for when they offer you the position in the parade.

It's different every time.
    what's DEP?

it says its an audition for face, atmosphere, and parades for the college program at WDW

so do they only tell you what role you got even if you get face or atmosphere?

• Sock Puppet

If you audition for Disneyland face, parade, and character performers and stuff, they tell you if you made it and what you'd be at the audition right?

^^ ahh im so confused now! haha I thought that at DLR youre only told at the audition if its NOT for the college program...and they only tell you if you pass/fail, not what role you got.

OH! another question! haha okay so, I have a headshot and resume, but my headshot looks nothing like me anymore so would it be best to just print out a good quality (recent) photo and take that and my resume with me? or since the photo wont be professional, is it best to just bring the resume?

• Sock Puppet

^^ ahh im so confused now! haha I thought that at DLR youre only told at the audition if its NOT for the college program...and they only tell you if you pass/fail, not what role you got.
    Yes, i'm referring to an open call, nothing having to do with CP If you go to an open audition and they're looking for everything like face character, fur, parades will they pull people for certain things? That's what they do in WDW I hear.. because if you want face and fur and they only pull you for fur or something, that wouldn't be fun aha. It would be nice at Disneyland if they told you, or atleast gave you the catergory you're in.

When auditioning at Disneyland you always know what you're auditioning for UNLESS it's a parade audition. They will list it as a Face, Fuzzy, or parade audition. At parades though they are casting dancers, fuzzies, and face so you don't know which one you'll end up being casted in.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post
    When auditioning at Disneyland you always know what you're auditioning for UNLESS it's a parade audition. They will list it as a Face, Fuzzy, or parade audition. At parades though they are casting dancers, fuzzies, and face so you don't know which one you'll end up being casted in.
    You just completely cleared up a lot of my questions. Thanks so much

• I'm A Disney Girl

For face characters does anyone have examples of the makeup charts for any of the characters? Also, if you get casted, do they provide you with the makeup, or do you have to purchase your own?

Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post

how does this work for the WDW college program? the audition im probably going to says its for all three.

• Characters are my friends

how does this work for the WDW college program? the audition im probably going to says its for all three.
    For the CP, you are auditioning for fur (and some auditions may pull for face, but not all do). There is a seperate audition for shows/parades, that takes place down in FL (however, not all CPs are trained for anything).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

^^im so confused then. Because it says "Face Characters, Atmosphere Characters, and Parade Characters"

so like, can you only audition for face or parades if they ask you to? and does that mean theyre definitely pulling for those at this audition?

Quote Originally Posted by ladydiamond View Post
    For face characters does anyone have examples of the makeup charts for any of the characters? Also, if you get casted, do they provide you with the makeup, or do you have to purchase your own?
    They do provide the make up.