Page 141 of 547 FirstFirst ... 4191116131138139140141142143144151166191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 8195

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

tothesea im palnning on going to the audition for character host too.
    im kinda nervous cause i dont really know what there going to throw at us or what to wear. way different than any other audition ive been on.
    feel free to be friends with me on my other sites
    im going to be making a blog soon too
    just send me a message when adding me telling me that your from micechat so that i dont deny you!

other sites i am on
    myspace: http://www.myspace.com/439742246
    facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Brand...ola/1399909476
    plurlife: plurlife.com/brandiinicole [yes i am a raver and i am proud of it. no i am not a kandy kid and no i do not do drugs. i am there soley for the true reasons behind plur and to support the music and the djs that work hard everyday to create amazing sounds for us. everyone has there own genre of music that they love. that does not mean that i should be criticized because people decide to take drugs when going to listen to the electronic genre of music]

favorite disney princess: princess ariel
    favorite non princess: tinkerbell

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    Haha, i've actually noticed that is slightly common among the princesses. But they definitely won't make you do that. They probably would look a bit nicer, but so much more work to handle with doing makeup!
    Oh and for characters like alice and wendy, I highly doubt they'd ever do this because their children, and it just wouldn't look as natural as a child should be. :P
    hey! nice to see you on micechat! havent talked to you in a while now!
    and yeah i have not seen it on some characters. and also they make the effect of drawn on eyebrows by putting makeup over there real eyebrows and drawing more character-like eyebrows higher (ex. cruela) i have seen it on princesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Frog View Post
    I'm sorry, but that's just kind of ridiculous. No, they do not make you shave your eyebrows. Eyebrow pencil is very commonly seen in a woman's purse whether she actually has eyebrows or not, it just helps make them look more defined. Cartoons have very well-defined eyebrows, so that helps. Some characters also use brow powder to temporarily change the color of their eyebrows, to better match the character.
    thanks! yeah it did seem ridiculous but i was just making sure.
    so its the persons choice to have th drawn on eyebrows? .. makes sense.
    thanks for the info!

• Future Tinkerbell!

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_mermaid View Post
    and yeah i have not seen it on some characters. and also they make the effect of drawn on eyebrows by putting makeup over there real eyebrows and drawing more character-like eyebrows higher (ex. cruela) i have seen it on princesses.
    Yes, it is very easy. I mean, very easy to cover eyebrows with Ben Nye stage make-up. I know girls with very dark eyebrows have their eyebrows covered with white BenNye and had high eyebrows drawn on. So, for more character eyebrows, I am almost positive that they just have you put makeup over your actual eyebrows. Disney wouldn't make you shave them...lol. Oh, an welcome to MiceChat!

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Future Tinkerbell!

Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Oldman View Post
    As recommended, I'm cross-posting my question here.

Yesterday I was informed by a Disney Princess™ that management frowns upon them revealing their true identities to Guests. I get it. Though, after a few laughs and a bit of fawning, an exception was granted, a card taken, and proper introductions made. But now I'm curious if Face Characters have signed agreements which limit their ability to claiming credit on resumes or even social networking sites? In someways, her conversation implied that while employed as a Face Character (regardless of being in costume or not), it would not be easy to venture and pursue other acting opportunities. Time was not the issue, but rather, her contract. Is anyone aware of what Face Characters are permitted to do in regards to other acting gigs?

As a side note, are there any sites or listings of current and former character actors, something like the Internet Movie Database? Someplace which attributes credit?

Thanks to all in the know!
    I'm sorry...I'm afraid I don't quite understand the first few sentences of the first paragraph. Would you mind making that clearer? And for your question about gigs...I would say that's quite possible. Sorta like if you are in a professional theater guild, you can't go to community theater. Who knows why, but it's true. I coul really see that going to other auditions would not be allowed for no clear reason.

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

• bookwormgirl

Re: Face Characters and Secret Identities

hey i am back! i might audition next year once i lose enough weight that is

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    Yes, it is very easy. I mean, very easy to cover eyebrows with Ben Nye stage make-up. I know girls with very dark eyebrows have their eyebrows covered with white BenNye and had high eyebrows drawn on. So, for more character eyebrows, I am almost positive that they just have you put makeup over your actual eyebrows. Disney wouldn't make you shave them...lol. Oh, an welcome to MiceChat!

haha yeah. some characters seem to have pencil in them to make them darker. but men with blonde hair (terence) seem to have regular eyebrows.. same with tinkerbell.. they probly just require you to have to 1. match the wig and 2. look nice
    thanks, micechat is very ....interesting. but i decided to join anyway!

• aliceindisneyland

wow, i haven't looked here in a while!
    i have a question, the princesses seem to have quite a bit of make-up on (for obvious reasons) but does alice and wendy wear alot, or just a little to make them seem more childlike and to cover up any small blemishes??
    and i wish i had care bears nose lol, mine is small but has, well like a button on the end. it's not a straight as hers, i'm hoping this won't lower my chances.
    oh and alice and wendy seem to have quite high voices. it is necessary to have a high pitch??

thankyou

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_mermaid View Post
    Oh heeey! I didn't realize who you were at first, then your screename from flickr is similar, so I know now.
    Yes! Disney can do anything with makeup haha. They always end up looking great.

Oh heeey! I didn't realize who you were at first, then your screename from flickr is similar, so I know now.
    Yes! Disney can do anything with makeup haha. They always end up looking great.
    haha yeah i tend to repeat my names.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    wow, i haven't looked here in a while!
    i have a question, the princesses seem to have quite a bit of make-up on (for obvious reasons) but does alice and wendy wear alot, or just a little to make them seem more childlike and to cover up any small blemishes??
    and i wish i had care bears nose lol, mine is small but has, well like a button on the end. it's not a straight as hers, i'm hoping this won't lower my chances.
    oh and alice and wendy seem to have quite high voices. it is necessary to have a high pitch??

thankyou
    As a post earlier stated they look for a button nose, high cheek bones, big eyes, and soft features or something.
    That sounds about right If you have some of those and you look great in the part then you'll be fine. It really just depends if they like you. I'm not sure if they're actually that picky or not. But don't worry much about it!
    Wendy and Alice, I've never seen them wear as much make up as the princesses. All though they have a nice amount on. I've noticed some put on more then others. Tinkerbell on the other hand, she usually has a little more.

It's not necessary to have a high pitch, as i've heard one Alice that had a rather low voice. But no, the accent counts a lot. A certain alice I met a couple days ago had a REALLY soft and sweet voice. But others just talk normally. As long as you have the accent down your good. But for alice and wendy, having a little of the sweeter and higher voice will make it more realistic. As they both sound very sweet in their movies.

• Future Cast Member

Slightly off-topic, but Wendy and Alice should probably sound similar since they are both played by Kathryn_Beaumont

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but Wendy and Alice should probably sound similar since they are both played by Kathryn_Beaumont
    they do sound similar. They are usually played by the same perosn at disneyland, if noticed

• aliceindisneyland

As a post earlier stated they look for a button nose, high cheek bones, big eyes, and soft features or something.
    That sounds about right If you have some of those and you look great in the part then you'll be fine. It really just depends if they like you. I'm not sure if they're actually that picky or not. But don't worry much about it!
    Wendy and Alice, I've never seen them wear as much make up as the princesses. All though they have a nice amount on. I've noticed some put on more then others. Tinkerbell on the other hand, she usually has a little more.

It's not necessary to have a high pitch, as i've heard one Alice that had a rather low voice. But no, the accent counts a lot. A certain alice I met a couple days ago had a REALLY soft and sweet voice. But others just talk normally. As long as you have the accent down your good. But for alice and wendy, having a little of the sweeter and higher voice will make it more realistic. As they both sound very sweet in their movies.

thanks!!!!
    yeah i shouldn't worry too much about it haha
    i thought alice and wendy wouldn't have as much on, yeah i understand about some putting more on than others. i noticed malibu has little freckles
    i didn't know that about tinkerbell! i have seen pictures of her and she has sparkles on her face like pixiedust

i wonder if it's possible to play alice and tinkerbell haha!

thankyou on the info about the voice, i guess i'll have the accent as i'm british anyway! i was just wondered about the pitch lol

• Banned User

itsxxdomoxxkun asked a great question. i am also on an independent study program (high school student) due to taking lots of performing classes like voice, dance, acting, ect.. but have tons of available time in the day time which i am planning on getting a part time job. would Disney say, oh she's a hs student, she's out? im 16