Page 148 of 541 FirstFirst ... 4898123138145146147148149150151158173198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 8103

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I am planning on auditioning for the summer program...I am hoping to get cast as Aurora, Cinderella, or Belle :-) What do you guys think? I Know you cant audition for specifics, but what are the face and height requirements for those princesses. I would also LOVE to be the Blue Fairy from Pinocheo

hi littlecricket...

yes. I just realized that! I'm sorry...like I said I'm new...I just realized haha. Am reading through it now...I just havent seen the exact height requirements in there. yet :-)

• Future Tinkerbell!

You shouldn't have to go back too too far, I believe they were mentioned in one of the last few pages. You could also do a thread search.

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Future Cast member <3

Well first of all there were TONS of people there. I was auditioning to be a fuzzy so my audition was probably different than the face characters. They took my picture and gave me a number and I did a lot of waiting. The first part was a dance where I was taught a piece of a parade dance that we did across a big dance room. We went in groups of five. Then I passed that round to do a round of charades. They played music and we all had to pretend that we were late and what we would do to get out of the house in time. those were in groups too. After that and more cuts, there was a puppeteering round where we got two googlie eyes and sang a song with our hands as puppets. That was it!
    But I did get to see a girl put on the Ariel costume, hair and make-up. They took pictures of her. A girl was in the cinderella costume too. they looked so pretty.
    Next trip to Disney: MAY 2010

• aliceindisneyland

wow, thanks for all that info!!!
    well done for passing the rounds

oh so people can be called out for face too?
    aww..i'd love to be in the princess costumes they are so pretty!

did you get through?? (if you don't mind me asking)

Quote Originally Posted by princesstiana View Post
    Well first of all there were TONS of people there. I was auditioning to be a fuzzy so my audition was probably different than the face characters. They took my picture and gave me a number and I did a lot of waiting. The first part was a dance where I was taught a piece of a parade dance that we did across a big dance room. We went in groups of five. Then I passed that round to do a round of charades. They played music and we all had to pretend that we were late and what we would do to get out of the house in time. those were in groups too. After that and more cuts, there was a puppeteering round where we got two googlie eyes and sang a song with our hands as puppets. That was it!
    But I did get to see a girl put on the Ariel costume, hair and make-up. They took pictures of her. A girl was in the cinderella costume too. they looked so pretty.
    congrats for getting through everything! that actually sounds like a really fun audition! if you don't mind me asking - what did you (and others) do for the animation section? (like what did you act out to get out of the house?)
    Forget them, Wendy. Forget them all.
    Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grownup things again ♥

Hoping to take a Disney Trip sometime this winter!

• Future Princess Jasmine

Hey u guys!
    Im gonna post up my experience later today after i go do some errands. I didnt make it BUT i dont think they did the audition very fairly either. In short: if u go to be a face character/look-a-like, DONT go to a lookalike/character/entertainer/performer audition cuz you'll get screwed over :/
    I took a few pics too with my phone that i'll post.
    I Lilo&Stitch

*Girls Trip to Disney World: September 2010!*

"The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it." - The Lion King

• Banned User

aw sorry that you didn't make it MissBenilda, but thats so nice of you to share your experience!!!

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by MissBenilda View Post
    Hey u guys!
    Im gonna post up my experience later today after i go do some errands. I didnt make it BUT i dont think they did the audition very fairly either. In short: if u go to be a face character/look-a-like, DONT go to a lookalike/character/entertainer/performer audition cuz you'll get screwed over :/
    first of all sorry you didn't make it,
    thanks for the fact on if your going for a look-a-like
    i look forward to reading your experience and it's cool you got photo's.

Hi everyone! I've been reading a couple of pages of this thread for the past several minutes or so and I am soooo happy I found it! I had a few questions and I apologize in advance if they have been asked in older posts.

1. Does Disney hire for just the summer? I am a college student and I am unable to do the DCP because I am in a bfa musical theatre program that doesn't allow you to take a semester off for anything except the abroad program. I was thinking of auditioning in March and was hoping to work from mid-May to mid-August.

2. My height is 5'7" and I've heard that this is considered "dead height" and doesn't help you. Is this true?

3. Since I am interested in doing face character (princesses mostly but anything works) is it bad that I'm not stick thin? I'm assuming it kind of is lol.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by arielforlife View Post
    Hi everyone! I've been reading a couple of pages of this thread for the past several minutes or so and I am soooo happy I found it! I had a few questions and I apologize in advance if they have been asked in older posts.

1. Does Disney hire for just the summer? I am a college student and I am unable to do the DCP because I am in a bfa musical theatre program that doesn't allow you to take a semester off for anything except the abroad program. I was thinking of auditioning in March and was hoping to work from mid-May to mid-August...
    Hello!
    They hire for seasonal positions as well as FT and PT so it all depends on if you're what they're looking for i guess. I only know cuz i saw it on the application when i filled it out.
    I Lilo&Stitch

"The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it." - The Lion King

• Sock Puppet

Hey u guys!
    I'm sorry, but there's plenty more oppourtunities that you should definitely go and try at!

I can't waaait! Should be awesome to see.

Okie dokie so here's my experience from a non-bitter POV (cuz i was a little p.o.'d after the audition was over lol)
    Sorry if its long!

So, I live in Destin, FL which is about 7hr30min or so away from Kissimmee where the audition was being held. I got up SUPER early and began my drive.
    I get to the venue at about a little after 1pm and was super excited to be the first car in the "audition parking" lot. BUT since i started to get nervous i decided to go drive around until more ppl showed up. I arrived back at the venue and saw other cars with ppl waiting in them. I saw a pretty girl parked catty corner from me fixing her makeup, a girl in a car parked in front of me listening to the radio (i think, unless she was jus sitting there in silence for the next 2 hrs), and a person in the car next to me with her tinted window cracked and her car running. As more cars began to show up and no one getting out of their vehicles i began to get more and more anxious. I popped in Aladdin in my dvd/navi to try and make myself more comfortable and to help time pass by.

I started to see some people get out their cars and start walking behind the building which i found out was the audition entrance. It was about 2:40pm so i decided to get out my car and just walk back there to see whats going on and if the building was open. It wasnt, lol, but there was already a line forming and it wasn't even everyone yet.

They finally let us in and filed us into different rooms because there were so many auditioners. They gave us applications to fill out, and once you filled out all your info you line up to go into this other room. In this next room they took your application (and if u had a resume or headshot like everyone else you give it to them), gave you a number, made you take off your shoes to measure your height (apparently im 5'4, not 5'5), and then they take a polaroid of you holding up your number. It's a fast process. Reminded me of when i was in the Air Force and they rushed you through the deployment line and as you walked through you're getting paperwork done, your shots, gear issued to u, everything all at once in the blink of an eye. They didn't even ask anyone what they were trying out for. After this they send you to another room. I was number 37.

I walked into the room and quickly found a seat by the mirror, by myself. I didnt have time to talk and make any friends with anyone so i was just sitting there alone and nervous of what was going to happen next. There were so many ppl that they split people into different rooms. Almost everyone in the room was a dance/performer. They changed into their dance outfits/shoes and were stretching and preparing. I had jeans and a t-shirt and sneakers. Im not a performer or a professional dancer. I started to get worried even though on the site it said you dont need dance experience to be a look-a-like, etc.
    A lady comes in and starts showing us a little dance routine we'd have to be doing for the judges and automatically in my mind I'm thinking "oh $h*Tt, i sure hope its easy!!!". I started freakin out a bit in side lol. The dance LOOKS easy, lol, but when its your first time EVER doing a choreographed dance it was a little hard. They showed us the dance, we went thru it as a group ONCE, and as soon as she said we had to do it in front of the judges blah blah blah the judges came in the door! "Can we at least practice?!" was what i was thinking.

We get lined up into rows of 4 and we had to do the dance 3 times ina row until we reached the judges table and then return to the line. I, of course, messed up on the routine because I got confused and i completely fail on the dancing lol. Im not a professional dance, i can do freestyle, but im not a performer like everyone else. I saw a lot of really good performances and some crappy ones like me so i felt kinda good that i at least wasnt the only one who had problems.
    After we did the dance we all had to gather around and sit on the floor listening to "Whoomp! There it went!" by mickey and friends. They called some of our numbers and told us to go into another room. I didnt know whether we were cut or what because even tho i sucked, there was some really good dancers in my group.
    A male castmember came in the room and told us we all "unfortunately didn't make the cut" and he left. Was that is?! I drive all the way down here for THIS?! That's when i got a little heated...

A girl asked "what about look-a-likes?" to her friend (who were behind me in the "cut" room) and i said "Yea, im here to be a look-a-like, not a entertainer/performer/HS Musical whatever person (which everyone else seemed to be going for, go figure)". And another girl who overheard us talking came up to us and agreed that it wasnt a very fair audition. They didnt even really look at us and polaroids arent enough. So here we are: a potential future Princess Jasmine, Princess Tiana, and Fairy (or Alice cuz to me she looked like Alice & a fairy) lost and confused over the process of what just happened. I told the girls "I'm not leaving without an answer" so I went marching (well, not marching, but out for blood haha) through the halls looking for the man who cut us to confront him about the casting.
    We found him and i asked him "what about ppl who are trying to be look-a-likes? the website said you dont need dance experience, etc." He had nothing smart to say except "we didnt see any, blah blah blah" which I think is bull because even if they didnt want me, the other girl who got cut looked like a really good Tiana!

So yea, now we cant audition for another 6 months. Me and the other cut girls: Fairy and Princess Tiana, are going to be practicing the dance we learned and coming back again in June but to a LOOK-A-LIKE audition because we kinda got screwed over going to an "everybody" audition lol.

Sorry this is so long, but i wanted to share.
    Some people had Disney shirts on, noticeable amounts of makeup, etc. so some of the advice on here about the makeup, what not to wear, etc. i think doesnt really matter, or depends on where you're auditioning at.

Hope my story was interesting lol I may have rambled a bit cuz i do that sometimes cuz ima dorko. Thanks for reading!
    I Lilo&Stitch

That was super informative and interesting, thanks for posting. As for shirts and make up, those girls probably didn't know because they didn't do the research, and that it's still really not recommended. That's just my guess, though. Then again, most girls who wear too much makeup think that they look fine, haha.
    Last edited by Moonie; 01-08-2010 at 05:39 PM.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Your Disney height is 5'4", much like your shoe size will change from what country you're in, Disney has it's own sizing system.

"we didnt see any, blah blah blah" which I think is bull because even if they didnt want me, the other girl who got cut looked like a really good Tiana!

So yea, now we cant audition for another 6 months. Me and the other cut girls: Fairy and Princess Tiana, are going to be practicing the dance we learned and coming back again in June but to a LOOK-A-LIKE audition because we kinda got screwed over going to an "everybody" audition lol.
    I'm not sure what this audition was for, but you didn't get screwed at all (even more so if it's your first audition, I know people who've been to 16 or more of them...). They "didn't see anything they liked" in what they needed. Maybe they didn't need anyone for those roles you felt like you looked like at that time. There are only so many openings. You can't have 45 of the same face character, it just doesn't work like that.

These Casting Directors and their teams work very heard, trust me, they're not putting anyone out. Don't take it personally.
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 01-08-2010 at 07:21 PM.