Page 149 of 548 FirstFirst ... 4999124139146147148149150151152159174199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 8213

• blair waldorf

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

thanks for posting your experience! it was very interesting to read about. i'm sorry it was such a tough audition for you ):

anyway i never knew you could work as a character at 16! do you have to be native to florida/california to do this? because i have an aunt down in orlando i would stay with if given the chance haha.
    if you can dream it, you can do it

• Future Cast member <3

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPansWendy View Post
    congrats for getting through everything! that actually sounds like a really fun audition! if you don't mind me asking - what did you (and others) do for the animation section? (like what did you act out to get out of the house?)
    Yea actually it was more fun than anything else! Hmm well i remember that they had this great music to play in the backround. I pantamimed getting out of bed, putting on clothes, make-up, just things that you would do in the morning if you were late. But the think about it was that whatever I did in that section, it has to be big and bold and dramatic because you would be wearing a big costume. Playing games of charades will diff help if anyone is going out for fuzzy.
    Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    wow, thanks for all that info!!!
    well done for passing the rounds

oh so people can be called out for face too?
    aww..i'd love to be in the princess costumes they are so pretty!

did you get through?? (if you don't mind me asking)
    Yes, even if you audition as a fuzzy character, they do look at you to see if you could fit as a face character. 2 years ago, there were no black face characters so my only choice was to be fuzzy.
    And yes I did make it all the way through the audition. I was THRILLED about that. I didnt think that I would get far at all. There really is hope for everyone here. I really think that it is about your attitude.
    I think that I wasn't cast as a fuzzy because of my height. I'm 5'6 and there arn't many 5'6 fuzzy's. But thats pretty good princess height
    Next trip to Disney: MAY 2010

• blair waldorf

Quote Originally Posted by princesstiana View Post
    Yes, even if you audition as a fuzzy character, they do look at you to see if you could fit as a face character. 2 years ago, there were no black face characters so my only choice was to be fuzzy.
    And yes I did make it all the way through the audition. I was THRILLED about that. I didnt think that I would get far at all. There really is hope for everyone here. I really think that it is about your attitude.
    I think that I wasn't cast as a fuzzy because of my height. I'm 5'6 and there arn't many 5'6 fuzzy's. But thats pretty good princess height
    you really do look like princess tiana! i hope you get to be friends with her.

• Future Cast member <3

Quote Originally Posted by taleasoldastime View Post
    anyway i never knew you could work as a character at 16! do you have to be native to florida/california to do this? because i have an aunt down in orlando i would stay with if given the chance haha.
    Nope, I'm from New Jersey and I could work in WDW at 16.

• blair waldorf

Nope, I'm from New Jersey and I could work in WDW at 16.
    yes that is excellent. i'm from new jersey as well! are you from north or south?

• Future Cast member <3

North!!

• blair waldorf

North!!
    ah i am stuck in south jersey. but its less another hour from orlando hahaha.

Hi, I'm VERY new to this forum! I live in SC and I am seriously considering going down in a week and a half for the Character look-a-likes and Disney Princess auditions. I have read several different takes on how the Character auditions usually run, and I had a few questions that hopefully someone on here may be able to answer:
    First of all, does anyone know for certain what the height range is for a Disney Princess character?
    Second, has anyone else been to a Disney Character Look-a-Like audition where they are specifically looking for Disney Princesses (or other similar face characters such as Mary Poppins etc)? And if so, what is some good advice for going to an audition such as this.
    What is something that can be expected when attending this audition?
    Should I bring a resume and headshot with me?
    Thank you for any answers!

~Monica

• Future Cast member <3

Quote Originally Posted by red_artimis View Post
    Hi, I'm VERY new to this forum! I live in SC and I am seriously considering going down in a week and a half for the Character look-a-likes and Disney Princess auditions. I have read several different takes on how the Character auditions usually run, and I had a few questions that hopefully someone on here may be able to answer:
    First of all, does anyone know for certain what the height range is for a Disney Princess character?

~Monica
    Welcome!
    You can check a few pages back but from what I hear princesses range from 5'3-5'8.
    Your so lucky you get to go next week at Disney World, I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by arielforlife View Post
    Hi everyone! I've been reading a couple of pages of this thread for the past several minutes or so and I am soooo happy I found it! I had a few questions and I apologize in advance if they have been asked in older posts.

1. Does Disney hire for just the summer? I am a college student and I am unable to do the DCP because I am in a bfa musical theatre program that doesn't allow you to take a semester off for anything except the abroad program. I was thinking of auditioning in March and was hoping to work from mid-May to mid-August.

2. My height is 5'7" and I've heard that this is considered "dead height" and doesn't help you. Is this true?

3. Since I am interested in doing face character (princesses mostly but anything works) is it bad that I'm not stick thin? I'm assuming it kind of is lol.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!
    1) i'm in a BFA theatre program also - and im not allowed to take off a semester either. BUT here's what you can do - Disney CP is ACE accredited, meaning you can approach your department and get 9 credits for the FA/SA (fall advantage/spring advantage) internship. THEN, when you're down there, there are various ACE accredited classes you can take when you are not working (and there is a theatre performing arts one) i talked to my school, and while i still have to iron out the details, i can still get the credits, and am officially 'full time' because i will earn 12 credits while if i do go down there. try that route if you don't think you can take a semester off (the other option is only do the Fall/Spring program and take summer courses? i understand the need to not want to take a semester off bc of lessons and stuff, but theres always a way to work these things out )

2) Disney Character Height Chart - Arlong Park Forums - One Piece Fansite you can play all those fuzzies - and i think 5'7" can sometimes be a princess height?

3) their sizes are very old fashioned - i dont know the exact sizing but something like a size 2 is a 6 there (or something like that.) they look for not too skinny, but at the same time, not fat. average you know? and if you look at pictures of people playing FCs, there are always fatter and skinnier alices than the norm. i think they worry more about your face than anything
    Forget them, Wendy. Forget them all.
    Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grownup things again ♥

Hoping to take a Disney Trip sometime this winter!

Welcome!
    You can check a few pages back but from what I hear princesses range from 5'3-5'8.
    Your so lucky you get to go next week at Disney World, I assume.

Thanks! And yes it is at Disney World in FL. I looked several pages back, but could not find the exact heights for them.

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by MissBenilda View Post
    They showed us the dance, we went thru it as a group ONCE, and as soon as she said we had to do it in front of the judges blah blah blah the judges came in the door! "Can we at least practice?!" was what i was thinking.
    Actually no, you don't really get to practice. The whole point of the dance routine is so they can "weed out" the people who have real dance experience and those who don't. If you don't get it right within minutes that shows you don't have much experience and they can't really utilize you.

A male castmember came in the room and told us we all "unfortunately didn't make the cut" and he left. Was that is?! I drive all the way down here for THIS?! That's when i got a little heated...
    And see that's where you took it personally. Back during Fairy auditions at Disneyland, we had girls fly in from out of state for the audition. When they were cut right away they felt it was unfair too. Why exactly is it unfair? I'm don't mean sound rude, but do you really think they care about the amount of distance you traveled? If you don't fit their requirements at that time, then you don't get chosen. Simple as that. You chose to go to this audition instead of the actual face character auditions. And yes, I am cynical because I've been to about 11 auditions myself now. It cracks me up when girls think the casting folks have any intention of being fair.

I also agree with DisneyMouse, none of you got screwed over. You're just upset you didn't get chosen (and really, was this your first audition? Because girls hardly ever get cast on their first try, that would be a miracle).

I also see you took a backstage photo in the rehearsal hall. You're setting yourself up for potential trouble you know. Disney cast members (including managers and casting directors) read these boards. If they find out you were taking photos and posting them here, they could blacklist you. It's funny, I warned you twice about doing that and even though you want to be a cast member so bad, you're not showing much respect for the rules.
    Last edited by littlecricket; 01-09-2010 at 10:18 AM.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Quote Originally Posted by MissBenilda View Post

Was that is?! I drive all the way down here for THIS?! That's when i got a little heated...

A girl asked "what about look-a-likes?" to her friend (who were behind me in the "cut" room) and i said "Yea, im here to be a look-a-like, not a entertainer/performer/HS Musical whatever person (which everyone else seemed to be going for, go figure)". And another girl who overheard us talking came up to us and agreed that it wasnt a very fair audition. They didnt even really look at us and polaroids arent enough. So here we are: a potential future Princess Jasmine, Princess Tiana, and Fairy (or Alice cuz to me she looked like Alice & a fairy) lost and confused over the process of what just happened. I told the girls "I'm not leaving without an answer" so I went marching (well, not marching, but out for blood haha) through the halls looking for the man who cut us to confront him about the casting.
    We found him and i asked him "what about ppl who are trying to be look-a-likes? the website said you dont need dance experience, etc." He had nothing smart to say except "we didnt see any, blah blah blah" which I think is bull because even if they didnt want me, the other girl who got cut looked like a really good Tiana!

So yea, now we cant audition for another 6 months. Me and the other cut girls: Fairy and Princess Tiana, are going to be practicing the dance we learned and coming back again in June but to a LOOK-A-LIKE audition because we kinda got screwed over going to an "everybody" audition lol.

Sorry this is so long, but i wanted to share.
    Some people had Disney shirts on, noticeable amounts of makeup, etc. so some of the advice on here about the makeup, what not to wear, etc. i think doesnt really matter, or depends on where you're auditioning at.
    * so you felt that since you drove so far you shouldn't have been cut? That's not how auditions work....

*Casting directors have looked at thousands and thousands of faces. They know pretty darn quickly whether you could be utilized or not simply by looking at you. They don't need to do much else. Going and tracking down a CM to complain surely didn't help your situation at all either. Sure, they say that you don't need dance experience to audition, but that only means you don't need to be a trained dancer. They do need to see that you don't have two left feet though- princesses are graceful, even if they're not dancing.

Also, since you auditioned for WDW, this is even more applicable. Over there, the entertainment dept. is all one big group. That means that performers are utilized doing character sets, parades, and shows. You could do sets in the morning, and then head to a different park that night to do a show. And then the next day you could do a parade shift and then a completely different show that evening. In CA though, their entertainment dept. is divided a bit. Most performers either do characters, or they do parades or shows. Some do cross over, but not the majority. So a friend of Cinderella can just hang out in PFF (:-/) each day, and never have to touch a parade or show. But in FL, since there are more parks (and thus more character locations, dining, parades, and shows), they need to utilize each of their performers as much as possible.

DisneyMouse pointed out that there are only so many spots open. If Belle has enough friends already, then no matter how much you may look like her, they can't hire you. And say Belle only needs one more friend, and it's down to you and a girl who has dance experience, they'll take the girl who has dance experience.

*It will likely be a different dance combo the next time you return, so I would waste too much time practicing that one. And even for an audition that is solely for face look-a-likes, there will still be a dance combo that is taught. They do a basic one for everyone. True dancers are taken past that first stage and taught another combo (or sometimes two more) that are much harder. You didn't get screwed over, sorry. It might be beneficial to you to maybe sign up for some dance classes at a local studio. That will give you more opportunities to learn choreography so you don't feel so overwhelmed next time.

*The advice posted here does in fact matter, so I would not be so quick to dismiss it. There are a few people who have posted on this thread who know exactly what they are talking about. Wear minimal make-up, and don't go in trying to "suggest" what character you think you'd fit. The casting directors know much better than you do.

• Future Princess Jasmine

LOL
    Im not bitter and i didnt meant to come off as that. Im just posting my experience and what i felt at those moments in time. Im going to try again. It's no big deal lol. Dont make a big deal out of nothing, i just wanted to share my experience because i told some of you i would do that. So dont go trying to "attack" me or whatever for doing just that. You can nitpick at my post all you want but im just gonna roll it off my shoulders. I just wanted to share my info. Some of you take things too seriously and really need to chill out because it's not that serious. If i knew I'd be judged, nitpicked, "attacked" in a way, or whatever else then I would've kept my mouth shut.

So, take a deep breath and chill out. It's MY experience that i wanted to share with some of you, not a darn Disney bashing. Omgoodness.
    I Lilo&Stitch

*Girls Trip to Disney World: September 2010!*

"The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it." - The Lion King

• Future Princess Jasmine

Seriously, it wasnt meant for any drama so let's move on.
    Im trying again in June. Good luck to everyone who plans on trying out.
    Last edited by MissBenilda; 01-09-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: cuz drama is STUPID and i dont feel like fighting back.
    I Lilo&Stitch

*Girls Trip to Disney World: September 2010!*

"The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it." - The Lion King