Page 15 of 524 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565115515 ... LastLast

• Characters are my friends

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by cheerangel2712 View Post
    ^^im so confused then. Because it says "Face Characters, Atmosphere Characters, and Parade Characters"

so like, can you only audition for face or parades if they ask you to? and does that mean theyre definitely pulling for those at this audition?
    If it's one of those auditions, then they are pulling for everything. However, CP auditions are different.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

it says that its for CP but the audition is for all 3...

• Honorary Mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    It's different every time.
    What kind of dance is it though? Like hip hop or jazz, ballet, or just modern?
    Or does THAT change every time as well?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    What kind of dance is it though? Like hip hop or jazz, ballet, or just modern?
    Or does THAT change every time as well?
    Maybe some kind of parade dance ? I would like to know as well!

Its lyrical/Broadway style and is usually made up of different routines from the current shows and parades.
    Please pardon our dust as we gear up for an all new signature!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Disnyfan89 View Post
    Its lyrical/Broadway style and is usually made up of different routines from the current shows and parades.
    Cool

Keep in mind what the reality of being a face character is really like ladies, its nothing spectacular. perhaps a post i had done for another thread in regards to the subject of this thread can be re-posted for all the starry-eyed hopefuls to review.
    Last edited by fitspire; 04-17-2009 at 11:02 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by flamablepoptart View Post
    Keep in mind what the reality of being a face character is really like ladies, its nothing spectacular. perhaps a post i had done for another thread in regards to the subject of this thread can be re-posted for all the starry-eyed hopefuls to review.
    I think i've read it before, and honestly I know the pros and cons. But it's something i'd really love to do so I really don't mind. There's ups and downs to every job. Just working in Disneyland is enough for me. But being able to sign autographs for little kids, interact with guests, and just have fun sounds like a great job to me. I'm sure the problems could be mobs of people, or angry parents with little children :P but If you really have a dream for this job, you'd brush all that stuff off and make the best of it.

9 days to my audition! getting more nervous by the day! i just going to go and have fun! quick question (if anyone knows) can english people audition for the american parks? i mean id know id have to get a visa but would they be ok with my accent and such??? xxx
    'But I Don't Want to Go Among Mad People' Said Alice 'Oh, You Can't Help That' Replied The Cat 'We're All Mad Here.'
    - Lewis Carroll

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by LisaInWonderland View Post
    9 days to my audition! getting more nervous by the day! i just going to go and have fun! quick question (if anyone knows) can english people audition for the american parks? i mean id know id have to get a visa but would they be ok with my accent and such??? xxx
    Oh, good luck! How exciting. I'm not sure, but i'd think it would be okay
    I wish I had an accent!

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by flamablepoptart View Post
    I don't think I really mind the grandiose of the job in regards to 'character abuse' and 'regulations' and whatever else there is to complain about. To me being able to make magic for even one kid is the most spectacular thing anyone could ever do, better than having the most carefree job in the world. Whenever I go to Disneyland I just feel a magic that I can't even describe, that makes me want to work there so, so badly. But I suppose some people just don't feel it the way some do.
    So many people have told me that it stinks working for Disney, but I believe it's just the way you look at it. Their rules are just so that no magic is taken away. And that is important to me. I want to work there more than anything, and I truly don't believe that any article is going to change that for me. There are bad sides to every job but if you love something, you'll do it anyway. =)

• I'm Wishing...

Oh my goodness break a leg!! =) I know they won't mind- especially if they see you as Alice! It's perfect =) And I also think that if they want you for other characters, if you can pull off an american accent it should be totally okay =) I can't imagine why it wouldn't be!

thnks for the confidence boost okay got 5 days to go! woop woop! as soon as ive auditioned ill come on here and let you know how it went etc x
    'But I Don't Want to Go Among Mad People' Said Alice 'Oh, You Can't Help That' Replied The Cat 'We're All Mad Here.'
    - Lewis Carroll

• Sock Puppet

thnks for the confidence boost okay got 5 days to go! woop woop! as soon as ive auditioned ill come on here and let you know how it went etc x
    Yes please do! I'd love to know deeper into the audition process
    I'm so jealous, you're going to have so much fun. You'll do great!

• I'm Wishing...

Break a leg! You'll be WONDERFUL!! Just try your best and have a ton of fun, and you'll be amazing no matter what =) I can't wait to hear all about it! Well, actually, it might be better if you CAN'T tell us... =D

How exciting! Have an amazing time!!!