Page 152 of 540 FirstFirst ... 52102127142149150151152153154155162177202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 8087

• Cherry Tart

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by MissBenilda View Post
    El Oh El. Really tho. It seems you all have nothing better to do but to bash ppl who post up what YOU dont like or agree with. I dont care lol. You're not "helping" me, you're bashing me.
    Ok wait, kcw approached you gently and said we weren't bashing you, just stating our opinions on your experience (yes they were kinda harsh but hey the truth hurts). But kcw basically tried to make amends and you still cry out that we're "bashing" you? You're quite sensitive, aren't you? I also don't quite understand your constant "LOL"s. "Laughing" like you're above all this drama doesn't quite work when you're the one who keeps insisiting that we're bashing you.

Ok granted, you do look like you would make a nice Jasmine, but if you really don't like drama then you probably shouldn't work as a princess afterall. Drama in the Disney Character Department is like high school. No scratch that, it's like drunk-pregnant-on-steroids-high-school drama. You will get sucked into it, no matter how hard you try to avoid it. I speak from experience.

But hey, to keep this post on topic, I say go for it in the next audition. Judging from your photo I think you could possibly make it. It will take a few tries, but your looks are better than most other applicants I've seen. Good luck.
    Last edited by littlecricket; 01-12-2010 at 09:36 PM.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

amen well said.

and one more thing if you can't handle other girls trying to help you and giving feed back on your experience don't bother auditioning because its quite cut throat. there are A LOT of girls who ALL want to be a princess, when they only need maybe 5 girls.

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Ok wait, kcw approached you gently and said we weren't bashing you, just stating our opinions on your experience (yes they were kinda harsh but hey the truth hurts). But kcw basically tried to make ammends and you still cry out that we're "bashing" you? You're quite sensitive, aren't you? I also don't quite understand your constant "LOL"s. "Laughing" like you're above all this drama doesn't quite work when you're the one who keeps insisiting that we're bashing you.

Ok granted, you do look like you would make a nice Jasmine, but if you really don't like drama then you probably shouldn't work as a princess afterall. Drama in the Disney Character Department is like high school. No scratch that, it's like drunk-pregnant-on-steroids-high-school drama. You will get sucked into it, no matter how hard you try to avoid it. I speak from experience.

But hey, to keep this post on topic, I say go for it in the next audition. Judging from your photo I think you could possibly make it. It will take a few tries, but your looks are better than most other applicants I've seen. Good luck.
    feel free to be friends with me on my other sites
    im going to be making a blog soon too
    just send me a message when adding me telling me that your from micechat so that i dont deny you!

other sites i am on
    myspace: http://www.myspace.com/439742246
    facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Brand...ola/1399909476
    plurlife: plurlife.com/brandiinicole [yes i am a raver and i am proud of it. no i am not a kandy kid and no i do not do drugs. i am there soley for the true reasons behind plur and to support the music and the djs that work hard everyday to create amazing sounds for us. everyone has there own genre of music that they love. that does not mean that i should be criticized because people decide to take drugs when going to listen to the electronic genre of music]

favorite disney princess: princess ariel
    favorite non princess: tinkerbell

• Hopeful <3

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    good luck to everyone going for tiana!!
    she's so pretty and her dress is beautiful!

i can't wait to see the film

my favorite princesses are cinderella and ariel,
    and my favourite non-princesses are wendy and alice!

i love all the faries, fawn's hair is awesome! i'd love to be tinkerbell
    i wish they had vidia at pixie hollow, i think she's one of my favourites!
    Thanks! Hopefully I can find out when face character auditions are so I can go lol, and I wish vidia was there too, maybe for like halloween or something, since shes kind of the mean one in the movie
    Live believing, Dreams are for weaving, Wonders are waiting to start

• Hopeful <3

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeTiana View Post
    yeahh
    im gonna go to the one on the 19th.20th for orlando. hopefully the auditions will go alright haha
    Good luck! Hope everything goes well
    Live believing, Dreams are for weaving, Wonders are waiting to start

Quote Originally Posted by NikNak View Post
    I figured I should share this with those of you wanting to become face characters. It's an "I Am A..." from a former Alice in Wonderland. She answers a lot of questions and talks about her experiences at the park, auditions, costumes/wigs, etc.

I'm a former Disneyland cast member. I was Alice in Wonderland. AMA. : IAmA

Good luck to all of you trying out!
    Thanks for posting that! It was really interesting to read. Now I feel bad for having just bought an autograph book... Lol. And I'm kinda sad to read that fuzzies are inferior to face characters since I can never be a face character, but oh well. I'll try again at the next audition anyway! Good luck to everyone else auditioning!

• aliceindisneyland

I figured I should share this with those of you wanting to become face characters. It's an "I Am A..." from a former Alice in Wonderland. She answers a lot of questions and talks about her experiences at the park, auditions, costumes/wigs, etc.

well that was...interesting
    kinda strange seeing what goes on backstage, make-up costumes and all...behaviour?

but wow. what do some people think when they meet a character? oh i'l just call her something if she won't sign my book? it's kinda harsh...

but that's probably just how it is...

yeah people are so rude. ive seen guests do some outrages things and call people the worst names. many of them are adults since they know that these are employees and not like real characters from the movie they just get so upset. its like working anywhere though. your bound to run into some rude people at sometime.
    just send me a message when adding me telling me that your from micechat so that i dont deny you!

other sites i am on
    plurlife: plurlife.com/brandiinicole [yes i am a raver and i am proud of it. no i am not a kandy kid and no i do not do drugs. i am there soley for the true reasons behind plur and to support the music and the djs that work hard everyday to create amazing sounds for us. everyone has there own genre of music that they love. that does not mean that i should be criticized because people decide to take drugs when going to listen to the electronic genre of music]

• Sock Puppet

Thank you SO much for posting. It almost answered more questions then this forum, because it's about portraying my favorite character

• Future Tinkerbell!

NikNak: THANK YOU! Amazingness right there. I couldn't stop myself from joining to ask her questions about height/weight/age issues.

MissBelinda: No one is trying to bash, just give you constructive criticism on your audition and everything. I'm sure everyone meant the best, not meant to make you angry/upset/hurt. It is a cut-throat world in the world of auditions. Especially at Disneyland. Have you ever had community theater experience? Well, it's full of politics, being judged on looks, skill, and sometimes not wanting to hear what your do hear. You get a thick skin from the process, and that's what everyone needs who is going to audition needs to have. Chances are, you won't be cast the first time you audition, but you just need to understand that it isn't personal. It's life. Had issues with the dancing? Order a DVD teaching you basic musical theater of jazz moves, practice every night and you will have a better chance next time. Or, enroll in dance classes. I know I am a horrible dancer, so I plan on doing just this in preparation for my audition. Maybe I still won't be good enough, but I will know I tried my best, and I will take it a step further for my next audition. Yeah, it sucks you drove so far and didn't make it. But, you knew there was a chance of that, and the casting directors don't know that. So, I am sorry you didn't make it, but you must find a better way to deal with people's criticism, take it all in, and use it to improve for your next audition, which I wish you all the luck at.

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

Hi everyone!

A little late in the game, but I've read all 152 pages of this thread. I actually finished about 2 weeks ago, but I just got around to making an account. Very interesting stuff, btw. O_______O

Alas, I, too am a princess hopeful. I went to the atmosphere character auditions last Sunday in Anaheim (I live in Santa Ana), but apparently 5'5" and 3/4 wasn't useful to them. :/

I can't say my self-confidence didn't take a good kick in the stomach after reading through everything, but I guess it can never hurt to dream!

I also ask a favor. Be brutally honest! By the looks of my avatar, would you say I have what it takes?
    I can post more pics on request, even some next to some princesses for direct comparison.

• aliceindisneyland

welcome to micechat

your very pretty, i think you look like belle!

Okay guys, I really you need to drop the whole MissBelinda audition thing. It's not that big of a deal.

On a different note, anyone ever thought auditioning for the cruise line?

Quote Originally Posted by wendybirrd View Post
    Hi everyone!

A little late in the game, but I've read all 152 pages of this thread. I actually finished about 2 weeks ago, but I just got around to making an account. Very interesting stuff, btw. O_______O

Alas, I, too am a princess hopeful. I went to the atmosphere character auditions last Sunday in Anaheim (I live in Santa Ana), but apparently 5'5" and 3/4 wasn't useful to them. :/

I can't say my self-confidence didn't take a good kick in the stomach after reading through everything, but I guess it can never hurt to dream!

I also ask a favor. Be brutally honest! By the looks of my avatar, would you say I have what it takes?
    I can post more pics on request, even some next to some princesses for direct comparison.
    Welcome! From what I can tell from your picture, you seem to have a nice facial structure. However, that angle isn't exactly the most telling. Probably a straight on of you smiling would be best!
    Also, while I personally love your fuller eyebrows, Disney seems to prefer thinner eyebrows for their face characters.
    You definitely have the trademark "big cartoon eyes" which is a huge plus, though!

I don't lose confidence when I don't make auditions. If I did that, I would be quite the self-loather right now! Making it in the entertainment business is incredibly hard and cutthroat. People get rejected all the time. From what I can tell, though, you seem like a very pretty girl who has a shot. Keep trying, maybe you just weren't in the right place at the right time.

For what it is worth, littlecricket, I appreciate your advice and insight into these auditions. You're harsh, but that is realistic to me, and I very much don't take that for granted. Thanks for your posts.

ive thought about it.
    but i can't sing and im pretty sure it requires singing. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth7 View Post
    Okay guys, I really you need to drop the whole MissBelinda audition thing. It's not that big of a deal.

On a different note, anyone ever thought auditioning for the cruise line?

other sites i am on

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth7 View Post
    Word.

Seriously littlecricket and kcw. It's okay for other people to have opinions. Doesn't mean they're right.

Doesn't give you the right, either.