Page 153 of 509 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 7634

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by wendybirrd View Post
    Hi everyone!

I also ask a favor. Be brutally honest! By the looks of my avatar, would you say I have what it takes?
    I can post more pics on request, even some next to some princesses for direct comparison.
    Welcome wendybirrd! And you are adorable. Good luck on future auditions!

• Future Tinkerbell!

Quote Originally Posted by wendybirrd View Post
    Hi everyone!

A little late in the game, but I've read all 152 pages of this thread. I actually finished about 2 weeks ago, but I just got around to making an account. Very interesting stuff, btw. O_______O

Alas, I, too am a princess hopeful. I went to the atmosphere character auditions last Sunday in Anaheim (I live in Santa Ana), but apparently 5'5" and 3/4 wasn't useful to them. :/

I can't say my self-confidence didn't take a good kick in the stomach after reading through everything, but I guess it can never hurt to dream!

I also ask a favor. Be brutally honest! By the looks of my avatar, would you say I have what it takes?
    I can post more pics on request, even some next to some princesses for direct comparison.
    You are quite pretty, but as mentioned above, it would be nice to get a straight on picture. Also stated earlier, you do have huge eyes, which is on of the big things Disney looks for. Don't give up hope, you never know what will happen! And good luck!

Oh, whoever asked about the cruise line...I would love to audition for that! It would be so much fun to work on a cruise!!

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by jsdmn2 View Post
    Word.

Seriously littlecricket and kcw. It's okay for other people to have opinions. Doesn't mean they're right.

Doesn't give you the right, either.
    Sorry, the right to what? State our opinions to her story, just as you say it's ok to do? No really, I'm still confused as we just replied to her experience yet she's the one who insists on causing drama. Besides, everything I wrote is pretty much fact.

-They do weed out the bad dancers by having you perform immediately.
    -They don't care how far you traveled for an audition.
    -She did not get screwed over, they just didn't need her at the time.
    -She can get in trouble for taking a backstage rehearsal hall photo.

So MissBenilda is the one who decided to overreact and take offense. I still don't see what I did wrong here.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

littlecricket, I'm not sure you saying that MissB is overreacting makes it true, but if it makes you feel better, then you should probably rethink why you feel if neccesary to continue to post. Does it make you feel better, or is it making someone else feel better? Granted, I get the feeling you don't care whether your posts are more on the supportive side or not, but that's just my opinion. I'm sure you have your own opinion about that, too.
    Nothing of what you state as fact is in question here, I'm sure that coming from someone who has gone to numerous auditions, you know of what you speak. But I also don't get the feeling missb is illiterate, I'm sure she's read over this thread and had some idea of what to expect. So she had a crappy 1st time, so what? It's nice to be able to vent. I don't think she expected you to point out every little thing about her tr in the vein of "I'm just trying to be helpful to you, even though you didn't ask for my help".

Let's not be cheer-tators, Torrance. It's a cheer-oracy here.

Thanks, guys!
    My computer died a few weeks ago, so the only pics of me straight on since I got my braces off were taken at Disneyland. Most of the rest of them aren't smiley, still have braces, or are lost forever.

This Aurora is really tall.

Quote Originally Posted by MissBenilda View Post
    El Oh El.
    Really tho. It seems you all have nothing better to do but to bash ppl who post up what YOU dont like or agree with. I dont care lol. You're not "helping" me, you're bashing me. Like i stated a hundred times before, i was just posting my experience, not asking "oh, what can i do better next time, do u kno?".
    I'm very sorry if you thought I was trying to be rude, or bash you, or whatever else. I was honestly just trying to help and give advice to make your next audition maybe turn out better for you. That's what most girls on this thread seem to have come here for- to pool together their info and see how they can prepare for the audition. Since this is a message board, it is hard to know the tone of someone's post, and often people will misinterpret things that people post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    Thanks for posting that! It was really interesting to read. Now I feel bad for having just bought an autograph book... Lol. And I'm kinda sad to read that fuzzies are inferior to face characters since I can never be a face character, but oh well. I'll try again at the next audition anyway! Good luck to everyone else auditioning!
    Wait. Fuzzies aren't inferior to face characters, they're just sometimes treated like that. There's nothing wrong with being a fuzzie, and honestly, while the face characters have the glamor of the job, the fuzzies put the blood, sweat and tears into it. There are quite a few faces out there that like to treat everyone like they're inferior, and unfortunately those few give all the faces a bad name. Some are quite stuck up, but definitely not the majority. If you weed through the bad ones there are plenty of girls who have lots of respect for the fuzzies and are very nice

• Future Tinkerbell!

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    I'm very sorry if you thought I was trying to be rude, or bash you, or whatever else. I was honestly just trying to help and give advice to make your next audition maybe turn out better for you. That's what most girls on this thread seem to have come here for- to pool together their info and see how they can prepare for the audition. Since this is a message board, it is hard to know the tone of someone's post, and often people will misinterpret things that people post.

Wait. Fuzzies aren't inferior to face characters, they're just sometimes treated like that. There's nothing wrong with being a fuzzie, and honestly, while the face characters have the glamor of the job, the fuzzies put the blood, sweat and tears into it. There are quite a few faces out there that like to treat everyone like they're inferior, and unfortunately those few give all the faces a bad name. Some are quite stuck up, but definitely not the majority. If you weed through the bad ones there are plenty of girls who have lots of respect for the fuzzies and are very nice
    Tp the first paragraph- That is very true. We all know that asking for advice or posting experiences does not mean are replies will be butterflies and rainbows. We learn to expect and be able to take in constructive criticism. It comes with the job. With the advice everyone is giving her, we all expect that she will go to the next audition more prepared and with a better attitude and know what to expect. No one is trying to make her feel bad about herself.

Second paragraph- fuzzie is so much harder, I'm sure! I was the easter bunny for a church picnic, and there were kids attacking me left and right. It was insane. But, if I am ever blessed with the chance to be a face character, then forget stupid hierarchy, I'm eating with the food vendors if they are nice! ahah

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Cherry Tart

Wait. Fuzzies aren't inferior to face characters, they're just sometimes treated like that. There's nothing wrong with being a fuzzie, and honestly, while the face characters have the glamor of the job, the fuzzies put the blood, sweat and tears into it.
    Not to mention that there are plenty of CMs who do both. Alice is usually good Mickey/Minnie/Chipmunk height, Mad Hatter can be Tweedle/Eeyore/Buzz Lightyear/etc height, and Princes can be Woody/Goofy/etc. It creates more opportunity for hours and there are some who even prefer it. We had a Snow White who looked beautiful in costume, but speaking in high falsetto was a strain on her voice so she welcomed the occasional fuzzy shift as a 'break,' where she didn't have to speak at all.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• aliceindisneyland

oh cool,
    i have to ask something though...
    on that i am a former disney cast member....thing

it says something about a girl passing out when she took of the fuzzie head, is that true??

i mean i'm not really suprised with the heat e.t.c...
    wow, if it's true i totally feel for them in walt disney world. they must have some sort of cooling system.

^^^
    Yes, very true. Although that typically happens more often after parades rather than just sets. And no cooling system in FL. However, when the temps. get pretty high, the amount of time the characters are out changes. They're typically 30 min on/30 min off sets (for fuzzies), but they switch to 20/40 in the summer. Face sets usually stay about the same because most of their locations are indoors.

• aliceindisneyland

^^^
    Yes, very true. Although that typically happens more often after parades rather than just sets. And no cooling system in FL. However, when the temps. get pretty high, the amount of time the characters are out changes. They're typically 30 min on/30 min off sets (for fuzzies), but they switch to 20/40 in the summer. Face sets usually stay about the same because most of their locations are indoors.
    oh really? yeah i guess thats understandable cos' of all the dancing in the parades, that would kind of scare me lol. i say well done to all the fuzzies out there that do the parades even passing out, to entertain thousands.

i just read further and the girl who was friends with alice was asked if she did fuzzie and she said something like:
    "no, i was in the height range for chip and dale but i'm claustrophobic and couldn't get into those costumes"

this made me feel better as i'm claustrophobic and i couldn't stand being in those costumes. Nice to know that you don't have to.

no cooling systems?! wow it must get pretty hot in there.
    it's good how they change the times, but still. It's 20 minutes in the sweltering heat with guests.

oh that's good about the faces, i read also that they too have several layers of clothing..like bloomers and tights, so they would get pretty hot too, and it would deffinatly show more.

i wonder if any character has ever passed out while in the park...

• Sock Puppet

Quick question:

How fat is considered too fat?

I'm 5'8 and currently a size 6 (sometimes 8 depending on if it runs super small.) Hopefully before the next audition, I will work my size back down to a 4 (normally my summer size...oh winter and your comfort food!). I have kind of a large ribcage though so I'm worried....

Should I even try or is that already too big? Argh!

• Honorary Mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Astranomical View Post
    Quick question:

I'm 5'8 and currently a size 6 (sometimes 8 depending on if it runs super small.) Hopefully before the next audition, I will work my size back down to a 4 (normally my summer size...oh winter and your comfort food!). I have kind of a large ribcage though so I'm worried....

Already too big? Girl, you're good the way you are. And judging by your avatar, you've got a nice shape! (love the costume, btw).

But anyway, i know this is silly, but since were on the subject of fuzzies, I've always wondered if when the characters are posing for pictures, whether or not they're smilng for the camera under that costume. Heheh. I would!

Quick question:

The costumes run to a size 10 (though that is a 'traditional' 10, so its a little smaller and probably more like an 8). So, you're already fine

Disney will go for someone who is more overweight than someone who is super skinny - they don't want their girls looking sick. if you go look at some Ariel or Jasmine pictures you'll see that their stomachs aren't always the flattest. So, you're nowhere near too big! Actually, you're probably perfect.
    Forget them, Wendy. Forget them all.
    Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grownup things again ♥

Hoping to take a Disney Trip sometime this winter!

• Future Cast member <3

Quick question:

I'm kind of in your position too. I'm 5' 6 and in the winter i'm about a 6 and can just get into a 4. In summer, i'm just a 4. It's nice to know that they want real looking people and not sticks. Good question!
    Next trip to Disney: MAY 2010