Page 154 of 547 FirstFirst ... 54104129144151152153154155156157164179204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 8195

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Just wondering who all is going this Tuesday and Wednesday to the World auditions? I am going Tuesday. My first audition at a Disney park. Of course the nerves are going to be high, but I hope to at least have fun at it! I'm really beginning to think I probably won't make it past the first cut simply because of my height (5'7 -5'8) and from what I have read, the Princesses are shorter than that. I'm sure there are other factors as well, but it's worth a shot! My last audition was for a local theater here in my hometown, so I'm really not sure what else to expect. Just wondering who else may be going this week!

good luck! dont stress too much, just go and have fun and go with the flow of things!
    Hope to hear good feedback from you after
    feel free to be friends with me on my other sites
    im going to be making a blog soon too
    just send me a message when adding me telling me that your from micechat so that i dont deny you!

other sites i am on
    myspace: http://www.myspace.com/439742246
    facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Brand...ola/1399909476
    plurlife: plurlife.com/brandiinicole [yes i am a raver and i am proud of it. no i am not a kandy kid and no i do not do drugs. i am there soley for the true reasons behind plur and to support the music and the djs that work hard everyday to create amazing sounds for us. everyone has there own genre of music that they love. that does not mean that i should be criticized because people decide to take drugs when going to listen to the electronic genre of music]

favorite disney princess: princess ariel
    favorite non princess: tinkerbell

• Future Tinkerbell!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPansWendy View Post
    The costumes run to a size 10 (though that is a 'traditional' 10, so its a little smaller and probably more like an 8). So, you're already fine

Disney will go for someone who is more overweight than someone who is super skinny - they don't want their girls looking sick. if you go look at some Ariel or Jasmine pictures you'll see that their stomachs aren't always the flattest. So, you're nowhere near too big! Actually, you're probably perfect.

This makes me sad . I AM super skinny, but I don't think I look unhealthy. Do they take into consideration if you are naturally skinny? Like, I am completely healthy, just naturally skinny. I am 4'10.5 and 80 pounds. :/

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Just a Broadway baby

^Same here. I don't look sickly, but I'm about 5'4 and weigh somewhere between 95-97 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    This makes me sad . I AM super skinny, but I don't think I look unhealthy. Do they take into consideration if you are naturally skinny? Like, I am completely healthy, just naturally skinny. I am 4'10.5 and 80 pounds. :/
    You'll probably be fine! Just as long as you don't look disgustingly skinny (which I'm sure you don't!) I don't think you'll have a problem. There ARE skinny people who play characters, but I've never seen a model-thin one. But, I think I heard somewhere that there isn't a size zero in the costumes? I could be completely wrong about that, but just keep that in mind.

If you're really concerned, just go look at some pictures of characters. You'll get a good idea of what Disney hired once you've seen different actors playing the same roles, and you'll be able to compare yourself to them.

And, you're such a rare height range, I think you won't have any problems at all.
    Forget them, Wendy. Forget them all.
    Come with me where you'll never, never have to worry about grownup things again ♥

Hoping to take a Disney Trip sometime this winter!

• aliceindisneyland

i think you'll do fine if you don't look underweight!
    the girl that played alice was only 90 pounds so thats good,

and astronomical is that you in your picture?
    you look soo much like ariel, and that dress is beautiful!

• Sock Puppet

Yeah annie, the girl on the Reddit site who was Alice, she said she was 4'11 or 5'0, and 95 pounds. That's not too off of you. I do recall an alice back in the park around the time she said she was there, and she was very skinny. I don't think they changed any rules from then, so don't worry! It ranges, there's been much more healthy looking alice's and such then others, but they all work the character well. If you're not skin and bones, or really overweight, then there's of course a chance if they like your personality, face, and everything.
    Tinkerbell does have hips and curves, but her upper body is super tiny. The thing is that's not common to look like that, so Tinkerbell's are always tiny all around.

Hi all,

I read the first couple of pages and it has given me a lot of good information just want to say thanks to those who supplied that. I'm 16, so it's two years until I can start auditioning but it's good to know what they look for, and it gives me two years to make sure I'm fully prepared to the best of my ability, I know my dancing needs some work.
    & I live in England so it's a bit more difficult for me.

• Just a Broadway baby

That's what worries me. I'm at a good princess height, but I'm probably too skinny at the moment. Also, does having green eyes help or hurt me, and since I have pretty dark (dark brunette) eyebrows, would it be in my best intrest to match them to my hair(medium brown)?
    1st trip to Disneyland-February 2010!
    (I'm really pumped since I'm an east coast girl)

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySarah View Post
    That's what worries me. I'm at a good princess height, but I'm probably too skinny at the moment. Also, does having green eyes help or hurt me, and since I have pretty dark (dark brunette) eyebrows, would it be in my best intrest to match them to my hair(medium brown)?
    Hm, I wish I knew for sure. All though, if they wanted you for Snow White or something, i've seen some with Brown, Green, and Blue. The whole range. So I don't think you should worry too much there. WDW, is less picky so they could place you in a couple spots if they like you, and you probably wouldn't have to wear contacts

• Should we be HYSTERICAL?

Hope I don't come across as rude, but...
    I don't think anyone should really worry about what a person says on the internet here, whether it be about height or weight or eye color. Don't write yourself off yet if your eye color isn't right. Regardless of what people say, if you really want that job, go for it!
    Because no one here can see the future, and who knows, you could make it in [<--although not to say you should put all your hopes into being an exception].

I think this thread should just be used to gain some knowledge about the auditions and figure out what talents you need to work on if you are serious about pursuing the career...and of course, talking to those who share the same interests. =)

• Pilot EdForceOne

Vidia, that's very nice, this isn't like getting the job at your local retailer, or at the local office, etc.

This is showbiz/entertainment. It's cut-throat. They make cuts quickly and decisviely, and their criteria is very well defined. It's not 'well I like that girl'... it can very much be 'two inches too tall - denied' and that's the end of it.

People need to be aware that things are pretty strict and decisions are made quick.

You can be the perfect princess and very convincing... but if you don't fit the costuming criteria or show standards - you should expect to be cut. It's harsh.. but that's because the company is filling a role, not creating one for you.

Disney's behavior on this front is very well known and isn't likely to change.

Knowledge is power... and hopefulls should take the info from threads like this so they are prepared emotionally for what they'll experience as well as get a feel for what the company is expecting to see in you and how they test you.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Future Tinkerbell!

Yes, I completely agree with this. I know the chances are very small for me to make it, so I am mentally preparing to not make it. But, I do plan on trying multiple times. I have mentioned before that I do community theater, so I am very used to not getting a part because I am not the right look, size, or shape. I just was asking about weight issues since it is common knowledge that they don't hire really skinny girls. I would still try and audition, but it is sort of helpful to prepare mentally that I am probably too skinny, or that maybe I'm not and that won't be an issue. Make sense? Not sure if that did ahaha.

And thanks everyone else..I have seen stick thin Alices and Tinks, but I was worried that they would be an exception. Good to know they probably aren't!

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnRush View Post
    Hi all,

I read the first couple of pages and it has given me a lot of good information just want to say thanks to those who supplied that. I'm 16, so it's two years until I can start auditioning but it's good to know what they look for, and it gives me two years to make sure I'm fully prepared to the best of my ability, I know my dancing needs some work.
    & I live in England so it's a bit more difficult for me.
    welcome autumn rush
    yeyy! another person from england!
    are you thinking of auditioning at disneyland california??

• Just a Broadway baby

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Vidia, that's very nice, this isn't like getting the job at your local retailer, or at the local office, etc.

This is showbiz/entertainment. It's cut-throat. They make cuts quickly and decisviely, and their criteria is very well defined. It's not 'well I like that girl'... it can very much be 'two inches too tall - denied' and that's the end of it.

People need to be aware that things are pretty strict and decisions are made quick.

You can be the perfect princess and very convincing... but if you don't fit the costuming criteria or show standards - you should expect to be cut. It's harsh.. but that's because the company is filling a role, not creating one for you.

Disney's behavior on this front is very well known and isn't likely to change.

Knowledge is power... and hopefulls should take the info from threads like this so they are prepared emotionally for what they'll experience as well as get a feel for what the company is expecting to see in you and how they test you.
    I 100% agree. Ps-If anyone who wants/is trying to persue a career in entertainment or theatre, I highly recommend the book Making It On Broadway. Even for people not interested in musical theatre, it paints a very clear unsugarcoated picture of the business.
    1st trip to Disneyland-February 2010!
    (I'm really pumped since I'm an east coast girl)