Page 16 of 547 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819264166116516 ... LastLast

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    Break a leg! You'll be WONDERFUL!! Just try your best and have a ton of fun, and you'll be amazing no matter what =) I can't wait to hear all about it! Well, actually, it might be better if you CAN'T tell us... =D

How exciting! Have an amazing time!!!

do you mean if i get it?! cos then you cant say anything! lol x
    'But I Don't Want to Go Among Mad People' Said Alice 'Oh, You Can't Help That' Replied The Cat 'We're All Mad Here.'
    - Lewis Carroll

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by LisaInWonderland View Post
    Haha yeah that's exactly what I meant! =D

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by LisaInWonderland View Post
    Are you auditioning for Disneyland, or Disneyworld ?! Or Disneyland paris or something :P

Hey,

I've been meaning to post here all week (as i usurped helpful advice!) but I just got back from the auditions and whew that was intense.

So the rundown for these round of auditions (just in case you wanted to know).

Separated into groups of about 50-60 (some seemed larger, some seemed smaller). We were taken outside the rehearsal building to learn our first movement combination. The dance steps consisted of: marching with juxtaposing arm movements, pas de bourre, kick ball change, some fun pivot steps with a kick thrown in during one of them, cross over, and a grapevine that led to a single pirrouette (they asked for a double if you could do it). After going over this for a bit, they took us into the actual rehearsal hall to dance for the casting director, show director, choreographers, and a few others. We did it once together with music (just upbeat piano versions of disney songs, nothing special.) Then the had us do it all together from one diagonal of the room to the others. They wanted to see how well we could travel while dancing. Then we went two by twos, with the show director telling you which wall to stand alongside as you went. The girls who taught us the combo danced it with us off to the side across the floor (very helpful). After everyone went, the choreographer, director, etc. huddled together and pulled an additional person or so that they wanted to see continue. The rest were sent home.

Here is where the fun begins.

Everyone was then taken into a bigger room and told to wait while they finished the first round of cuts. We filled out an audition form with our availability, they took our picture, etc. There were about 140 of us down from the 750 or so that auditioned.

We were then taught a more advanced, non-traveling combination to a Spiderman song (random, I know). This one had a very "Celebration" feel to it at times. Dance steps in this one were: box steps, quick ball changes with faster foot work, kick leading into a single spin, kick out in second sweeping behind your body, kick ball change, traveling turn forward into a lunge, lean back, outside single pirrouette leading to a kick down into a lunge, and a few more high extension kicks. We then had a VERY long time to practice this while the disney folk took a lunch. Then we were called in 6 at a time to perform for even more disney folk. They had us do the combination twice in a row (exhausting! after already been practicing it for 2 hours or so).

Then we were sent back to wait in the larger room until everyone had done the new combo twice. During this time, some people were pulled for face to try on wigs (alice, pete, and stepsister were the ones i saw), and make up tests were done (we only saw for snow white), scripts were read for alice and pete as well. Some girls had their height measured by a CM just to be sure what range they were in.

At around 4:00 or so, they made more cuts. They divided the rest of the group into those who would go on and learn another dance (lyrics - for potential court dancers) and for those who would be considered for fuzzies and other roles.

Hopefully this helps anyone who considers auditioning. I had an amazing experience for the most part at my first disney audition and look forward to doing it again. :-)

hey alice yeh auditioning for paris!
    thnks for posting the run thro!
    x
    'But I Don't Want to Go Among Mad People' Said Alice 'Oh, You Can't Help That' Replied The Cat 'We're All Mad Here.'
    - Lewis Carroll

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by jds237 View Post
    Hey,

I've been meaning to post here all week (as i usurped helpful advice!) but I just got back from the auditions and whew that was intense.

Those who made it through today, will need to make it past tomorrow's in house auditions as well... they're not quite over just yet.

this is urgent! need reply today or early tomoro!
    ive done my ready for my audition
    any tips on what i can add to make it stand out?
    x
    - Lewis Carroll

• Sock Puppet

Hey,

Separated into groups of about 50-60 (some seemed larger, some seemed smaller). We were taken outside the rehearsal building to learn our first movement combination. The dance steps consisted of: marching with juxtaposing arm movements, pas de bourre, kick ball change, some fun pivot steps with a kick thrown in during one of them, cross over, and a grapevine that led to a single pirrouette (they asked for a double if you could do it). After going over this for a bit, they took us into the actual rehearsal hall to dance for the casting director, show director, choreographers, and a few others. We did it once together with music (just upbeat piano versions of disney songs, nothing special.) Then the had us do it all together from one diagonal of the room to the others. They wanted to see how well we could travel while dancing. Then we went two by twos, with the show director telling you which wall to stand alongside as you went. The girls who taught us the combo danced it with us off to the side across the floor (very helpful). After everyone went, the choreographer, director, etc. huddled together and pulled an additional person or so that they wanted to see continue. The rest were sent home.

Here is where the fun begins.

Everyone was then taken into a bigger room and told to wait while they finished the first round of cuts. We filled out an audition form with our availability, they took our picture, etc. There were about 140 of us down from the 750 or so that auditioned.

We were then taught a more advanced, non-traveling combination to a Spiderman song (random, I know). This one had a very "Celebration" feel to it at times. Dance steps in this one were: box steps, quick ball changes with faster foot work, kick leading into a single spin, kick out in second sweeping behind your body, kick ball change, traveling turn forward into a lunge, lean back, outside single pirrouette leading to a kick down into a lunge, and a few more high extension kicks. We then had a VERY long time to practice this while the disney folk took a lunch. Then we were called in 6 at a time to perform for even more disney folk. They had us do the combination twice in a row (exhausting! after already been practicing it for 2 hours or so).

Then we were sent back to wait in the larger room until everyone had done the new combo twice. During this time, some people were pulled for face to try on wigs (alice, pete, and stepsister were the ones i saw), and make up tests were done (we only saw for snow white), scripts were read for alice and pete as well. Some girls had their height measured by a CM just to be sure what range they were in.

At around 4:00 or so, they made more cuts. They divided the rest of the group into those who would go on and learn another dance (lyrics - for potential court dancers) and for those who would be considered for fuzzies and other roles.

Hopefully this helps anyone who considers auditioning. I had an amazing experience for the most part at my first disney audition and look forward to doing it again. :-)
    That was GREAT information, thank you soo much. Ah, i'm really jealous of the girl who was being considered for Alice :P
    But question, was this for Disneyworld?

It was for disneyland. And yes, the second round of auditions was today. Today's grouping was the mixture of the new dancers/characters/actors that auditioned yesterday and passed as well as people who have previously worked in parades/entertainment/etc.

• I'm Wishing...

It was for disneyland. And yes, the second round of auditions was today. Today's grouping was the mixture of the new dancers/characters/actors that auditioned yesterday and passed as well as people who have previously worked in parades/entertainment/etc.
    Was it specifically for face characters? Or for the parade performers?
    Sounds amazing! A ton of dancing, though, eeep! =P

did everyone have to pass the advanced dancing portion...even the actors?

• Sock Puppet

Sounds like a lot of dancing! I thought Disneyland always had an audition for each thing like face characters, or atmosphere characters, or parade performers. They even make just face characters do all that dancing! Weird

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by cheerangel2712 View Post
    did everyone have to pass the advanced dancing portion...even the actors?
    Lol my thoughts exactly! I'm gonna explode if there's that much dancing =P

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    Lol my thoughts exactly! I'm gonna explode if there's that much dancing =P
    I love dancing, so I can't wait But that seems like a little much for the people they were considering for like face characters and atmosphere! I wish they would move the audition age back to 16!

nervous nervous nervous! audition tomoro! anyone going to the london one? x
    - Lewis Carroll