Page 161 of 540 FirstFirst ... 61111136151158159160161162163164171186211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 8097

• is boring.

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Speaking of The Mad Hatter, does anyone know how tall they are? I've looked for it everywhere (but knowing my luck, it's probably in this thread somewhere) and haven't found anything. I'm 6'2" so I'm thinking the only characters I can be are the Princes and the tall fuzzies (Goofy, Beast, etc.)

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    Actually, it kind of really is. As shown through the above post, Disney is really strict and has all sorts of rules and regulations that most companies don't. Disney goes through great lengths to secure the magic. Imagine if a little kid went to meet Alice, and later that day she saw Alice wondering the park, at of costume. I wouldn't be very happy if this little kid was my niece or nephew. Anything that gives away that you are a friend of a character is a risk of loosing your job. They are that strict. It is a huge deal.
    after the wig, make-up, and costume comes off a person, you can't tell they are a face character. and if what you said is true, then face cm's wouldnt be allowed in the parks at all!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
    after the wig, make-up, and costume comes off a person, you can't tell they are a face character. and if what you said is true, then face cm's wouldnt be allowed in the parks at all!
    i read an AMA on a girl who was friends with alice..and on there i saw a difference between a park character..and the real person...very different indeed.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    i read an AMA on a girl who was friends with alice..and on there i saw a difference between a park character..and the real person...very different indeed.
    Really? Hm, i'm curious to see! Where is it?

• Should we be HYSTERICAL?

@DizneyPhotoGuy --just like to say that maybe it wouldn't hurt to edit/censor your previous post about your friend, just in case? =)
    and the people who quoted it.

• Future Tinkerbell!

They don't get plastic surgery every time, they are still the same person. And what are the chances that someone would see the same face character out of character on another day in the parks? Not likely.

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by jroggen51391 View Post
    Speaking of The Mad Hatter, does anyone know how tall they are? I've looked for it everywhere (but knowing my luck, it's probably in this thread somewhere) and haven't found anything. I'm 6'2" so I'm thinking the only characters I can be are the Princes and the tall fuzzies (Goofy, Beast, etc.)
    Sadly, you are too tall to be friends with the mad hatter.

• is boring.

Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post
    Sadly, you are too tall to be friends with the mad hatter.

I figured. Short guys get all the fun.

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    Really? Hm, i'm curious to see! Where is it?
    well if you just look through the text..they've linked photo's of someone who is friends with/was friends with a face character

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    They don't get plastic surgery every time, they are still the same person. And what are the chances that someone would see the same face character out of character on another day in the parks? Not likely.
    how are you going to pick ONE person out that was Belle in a park of 30,000 people...

once the big yellow dress, wig, make up, and gloves come off, you blend right in. trust me, when you see a princess with out make up on, you would never guess they are a princess!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• Cherry Tart

how are you going to pick ONE person out that was Belle in a park of 30,000 people...

once the big yellow dress, wig, make up, and gloves come off, you blend right in. trust me, when you see a princess with out make up on, you would never guess they are a princess!
    What I've also noticed is that for some reason the girls look so much shorter when they're out of costume. It really baffles me sometimes, but I guess it's the whole idea that meeting a Disney character is a 'larger-than-life' experience, and then put a girl in a huge ballgown and she looks taller than she actually is. When I see them in normal clothes backstage I always get the feeling that they've shrunk. xD

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• disneyland paris hopeful

AliceinWonderland, I believe that this (I'm a former Disneyland cast member. I was Alice in Wonderland. AMA. : IAmA) is the AMA becki was talking about

Hello everyone

I have a quick question regarding auditions for Disney World. I know that most of this thread is focused on Disneyland, but I figure I'd ask anyway and get everyone's input.

There are upcoming character auditions for WDW but it says that they are only looking for people to fill very specific roles. I'm a guy, about 5'5" and there's 2 roles for guys. The first is for a "Show/Parade Mover" for shows like Festival of the Lion King, Block Party, High School Musical. It says that you should have dance experience for this. Which I do not.

The second is for Peter and Terrence. I meet the height requirements, but I'm not too sure I look like either.

So here's my question. I'm from Connecticut, so its a bit of a trek to head down to Florida. Do I pull out all the stops (and a couple hundred bucks) to audition, if I really only meet the requirements for Peter/Terrence, but am not too sure I look enough like them? I suppose the only true way to answer this question is to just do it, but I wanted to see what the experts thought first.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!

• Jack's Posse

Quote Originally Posted by UCONNDisneyFan View Post
    Hello everyone

I have a quick question regarding auditions for Disney World. I know that most of this thread is focused on Disneyland, but I figure I'd ask anyway and get everyone's input.

There are upcoming character auditions for WDW but it says that they are only looking for people to fill very specific roles. I'm a guy, about 5'5" and there's 2 roles for guys. The first is for a "Show/Parade Mover" for shows like Festival of the Lion King, Block Party, High School Musical. It says that you should have dance experience for this. Which I do not.

The second is for Peter and Terrence. I meet the height requirements, but I'm not too sure I look like either.

So here's my question. I'm from Connecticut, so its a bit of a trek to head down to Florida. Do I pull out all the stops (and a couple hundred bucks) to audition, if I really only meet the requirements for Peter/Terrence, but am not too sure I look enough like them? I suppose the only true way to answer this question is to just do it, but I wanted to see what the experts thought first.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks all!
    A wise man once said you have truly failed if you have never tried so I'd say go for it!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSkellington View Post
    A wise man once said you have truly failed if you have never tried so I'd say go for it!
    Agreed