Page 17 of 524 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767117517 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 7850
  1. #241

    • Don't lets be silly! șoș
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Passamaquoddy
    Posts
    1,465

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    Sounds like a lot of dancing! I thought Disneyland always had an audition for each thing like face characters, or atmosphere characters, or parade performers. They even make just face characters do all that dancing! Weird
    This audition was for a Parade. They want people who can perform more then one role.

  2. #242

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    This audition was for a Parade. They want people who can perform more then one role.
    Well, that would make more sense. Thanks

  3. #243

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    48

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Hi. You guys seem to give wonderful advice. I love Peter Pan, and I've always been extremely jealous of Wendy. I would LOVE to be her. I plan to apply to the CP program as soon as they start doing the presentations this year. I have a few questions, and I was wondering if anyone could answer even one of them:
    1 I'm 5'1-5'2 (around there). Is that the right height for Wendy
    2 What do wendy's typically look like (im trying to figure out if i have the right look?)
    3 Would I possibly be cast as Wendy through CP?
    4 I've heard about auditions through here, but for the auditions would a british accent help for Wendy? I can learn one (I know she has one in the park)

  4. #244

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPansWendy View Post
    Hi. You guys seem to give wonderful advice. I love Peter Pan, and I've always been extremely jealous of Wendy. I would LOVE to be her. I plan to apply to the CP program as soon as they start doing the presentations this year. I have a few questions, and I was wondering if anyone could answer even one of them:
    1 I'm 5'1-5'2 (around there). Is that the right height for Wendy
    2 What do wendy's typically look like (im trying to figure out if i have the right look?)
    3 Would I possibly be cast as Wendy through CP?
    4 I've heard about auditions through here, but for the auditions would a british accent help for Wendy? I can learn one (I know she has one in the park)
    Alright, I just commented you back but i'll help you here as much as I can

    1) Yes Wendy must be 4'10-5'2. So that's good!
    2)Here's a few pictures of Wendy's in the parks: sorry if they're a little big..






    3)Hm... this ones a tough one i'm not very sure. But if you're talking about WDW I think I heard that it's harder to get into face character if you're in the CP. Not positive though!
    4)Doesn't really matter. I'm sure it would help, but i'm sure most if not all Wendy's are just putting on the accent. So all you got to do is fake it well!
    Hoped I helped

  5. #245

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by flamablepoptart View Post
    Keep in mind what the reality of being a face character is really like ladies, its nothing spectacular. perhaps a post i had done for another thread in regards to the subject of this thread can be re-posted for all the starry-eyed hopefuls to review.
    I'd like to see that post.
    I did a search but because I don't really know what extactly to search for I didn't yield many results.

  6. #246

    • Characters are my friends
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Mickey's backyard (Orlando, FL)
    Posts
    779

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterPansWendy View Post
    Hi. You guys seem to give wonderful advice. I love Peter Pan, and I've always been extremely jealous of Wendy. I would LOVE to be her. I plan to apply to the CP program as soon as they start doing the presentations this year. I have a few questions, and I was wondering if anyone could answer even one of them:
    3 Would I possibly be cast as Wendy through CP?
    4 I've heard about auditions through here, but for the auditions would a british accent help for Wendy? I can learn one (I know she has one in the park)
    3) Not necessarily. It depends on what Disney is looking for. But if I had to guess, I would say most CPs are not picked for face.

    4) No. That wouldn't be necessary.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

    Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

  7. #247

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by amaliaedden View Post
    I'd like to see that post.
    I did a search but because I don't really know what extactly to search for I didn't yield many results.
    I just don't get that post. Face characters are there for plenty and plenty of years and if it was that bad wouldn't they have quit? It was just pointless, and a downer. But for the people who want this badly, it won't change their mind. Definitely didn't change mine. I'm not sure how to get to it though.

  8. #248

    • I'm Wishing...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    405

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    I just don't get that post. Face characters are there for plenty and plenty of years and if it was that bad wouldn't they have quit? It was just pointless, and a downer. But for the people who want this badly, it won't change their mind. Definitely didn't change mine. I'm not sure how to get to it though.
    I found it! I couldn't quote it because the thread is closed so I italicized :P

    "I hope you girls have taken in the reality of what being in the face character dept. will really be like if you are hired. To the ones who are moving away from home, get a second job. There are alot of "full time" girls with seniority who already play the roles that you all consider, be prepared to not be scheduled and always fighting for a decent amount of hours. Secondly being a Disney princess is a minimum wage job at a theme park and "NOT A GLORIOUS TITLE." You are not treated any better than anyone else who works at the parks, if you want a good reputation please mind your atitude when sharing a break area . When doing a set guests aren't even gonna have a clue who you are, they will be very demanding and mean. To them your just an autograph dispensor they can take a picture of, they dont care about interaction. Little girls run up for autographs and not for hugs, be prepared to deal with a stalker. When in a dining location it is very very important to always move quickly so paying guests dont complain,always participate in birthdays so the servers can get their extra tips, if you are a diva and refuse they will complain about you to your management. FYI do to budget wendy doesn't even make appearances for m&G in the parks anymore,so if you think you look like wendy go audition for parades instead. Break a leg.
    Last edited by flamablepoptart; 03-29-2009 at 11:16 PM."


    First of all, one of his points about the break room is valid. I think he's saying that if the princess face characters aren't kind to all their other co-workers they will get a bad rap. Well, obviously! But it's a good point. But all of his other comments, to me, are just silly. Firstly, the face characters are not just 'autograph dispensers', it is clear through Make a Wish and all the thousands of magical moments created for people that face character meetings are so much more than that. Sure there may be a few people like that, but it's so rare. And just such a cynical statement. And of course characters would appear for birthday celebrations. At least, I know I would. It makes a birthday special. Extra tips for servers, to me, (at least when I go) are never based on the quota of characters who visit our table, but by the service we receive. But if that's what people truly look for when tipping, of course I would attend a birthday just to make the server happier and allow her to get her extra tip if it meant something to her. I'm not evil. I think the sort of people flambablepoptart is talking about were not very magical or friendly people at all. =P But it all comes down for caring for your job. I mean, WHY be a diva and not do simple things that are outlined in your responsibilities? That just seems so silly to me, anyway. If you love your job and are passionate about it, as I'm sure we could be, then there's nothing to worry about. I mean, I would never act like that or do things just for the job if I worked as a face character. It's about Disney and the magic and Walt's legacy. And about the 'glorious title' thing, to me, that's already a glorious title. I don't really need the approval of anyone else

    Anyway, that cheesy rant is over. :P

  9. #249

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,007

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    I found it! I couldn't quote it because the thread is closed so I italicized :P

    "I hope you girls have taken in the reality of what being in the face character dept. will really be like if you are hired. To the ones who are moving away from home, get a second job. There are alot of "full time" girls with seniority who already play the roles that you all consider, be prepared to not be scheduled and always fighting for a decent amount of hours. Secondly being a Disney princess is a minimum wage job at a theme park and "NOT A GLORIOUS TITLE." You are not treated any better than anyone else who works at the parks, if you want a good reputation please mind your atitude when sharing a break area . When doing a set guests aren't even gonna have a clue who you are, they will be very demanding and mean. To them your just an autograph dispensor they can take a picture of, they dont care about interaction. Little girls run up for autographs and not for hugs, be prepared to deal with a stalker. When in a dining location it is very very important to always move quickly so paying guests dont complain,always participate in birthdays so the servers can get their extra tips, if you are a diva and refuse they will complain about you to your management. FYI do to budget wendy doesn't even make appearances for m&G in the parks anymore,so if you think you look like wendy go audition for parades instead. Break a leg.
    Last edited by flamablepoptart; 03-29-2009 at 11:16 PM."

    First of all, one of his points about the break room is valid. I think he's saying that if the princess face characters aren't kind to all their other co-workers they will get a bad rap. Well, obviously! But it's a good point. But all of his other comments, to me, are just silly. Firstly, the face characters are not just 'autograph dispensers', it is clear through Make a Wish and all the thousands of magical moments created for people that face character meetings are so much more than that. Sure there may be a few people like that, but it's so rare. And just such a cynical statement. And of course characters would appear for birthday celebrations. At least, I know I would. It makes a birthday special. Extra tips for servers, to me, (at least when I go) are never based on the quota of characters who visit our table, but by the service we receive. But if that's what people truly look for when tipping, of course I would attend a birthday just to make the server happier and allow her to get her extra tip if it meant something to her. I'm not evil. I think the sort of people flambablepoptart is talking about were not very magical or friendly people at all. =P But it all comes down for caring for your job. I mean, WHY be a diva and not do simple things that are outlined in your responsibilities? That just seems so silly to me, anyway. If you love your job and are passionate about it, as I'm sure we could be, then there's nothing to worry about. I mean, I would never act like that or do things just for the job if I worked as a face character. It's about Disney and the magic and Walt's legacy. And about the 'glorious title' thing, to me, that's already a glorious title. I don't really need the approval of anyone else

    Anyway, that cheesy rant is over. :P
    Hannah you're so right! Good job for telling it like it is
    Yeah, all I was thinking is if I ever was a face character i'd NEVER be a diva to anyone or act like i'm higher up then anyone else.It's just not me. And if there are face characters like that, they shouldn't be there at all. The reason i'd love the job is honestly just the magic you make for these little kids, not even just little kids, all ages! I mean you get to make people's days while being at the happiest place on earth! Sounds great to me. I wouldn't be there for the "high rank" I think it would be or anything like that.

  10. #250

    • aliceindisneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016

    Red Face Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by HalloweentownAlice View Post
    No, you don't have to go through the CP to be a character.

    hi i'm new to micechat, but whats a CP?.
    and i'm british and live in England, and have the same dreams as you aliceinwonderland, i love disney and have always wanted to be a face character.. i'm around 4"8, and will probs grow to about 5"1-5"2, so i could be alice, if you play alice you normally get to play wendy too, so thats exciting! I'd like to work in florida, but will living in britain stop me from getting that job??
    Last edited by beckix.o.x; 04-03-2010 at 07:05 AM.

  11. #251

    • Following the Second Star
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    1,371

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    hi i'm new to micechat, but whats a CP?.
    and i'm british and live in England, im only 13 and have the same dreams as you aliceinwonderland, i love disney and have always wanted to be a face character.. i'm around 4"8, and will probs grow to about 5"1-5"2, so i could be alice, if you play alice you normally get to play wendy too, so thats exciting! I'd like to work in florida, but will living in britain stop me from getting that job??
    If you have the right face and body type you might end up knowing Tinkerbell quite well too.

    To me it seems that if you moved there and auditioned you might be likely to get the part since you have a geniune accent. It all depends what the casting directors like, though.

    Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

  12. #252

    • aliceindisneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016

    Smile Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    If you have the right face and body type you might end up knowing Tinkerbell quite well too.

    To me it seems that if you moved there and auditioned you might be likely to get the part since you have a geniune accent. It all depends what the casting directors like, though.
    thanks for that info, i do think i look a little like tinkerbelll, but i'd really love the job whatever i got

  13. #253

    • aliceindisneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    if your a cast member at disney(eg. face character) , do you get accomodation, or is that just the college students who go there?

  14. #254

    • DL podcaster
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Posts
    44

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    i'm asian....and unfortunately there is a lack of asian characters in disney. i have always wanted to be mulan but is mulan even seen in DLR anymore? the last time i saw her was when she had a rather small, sad parade in DCA over a year ago. are they looking for specific characters during auditions or do they judge based on what character you look like?

    maybe i should just try to be a CM?

  15. #255

    • aliceindisneyland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

    when you go to auditions, from what i've heard the casting directors don't tell you what they're looking for. They'll first look at you based on height and looks. I think mulan is around 5"3- 5"7 , They'll let anyone audition, cos' you never know what they're looking for, so i think you should go for it if you want to. I think mulan is still there. There's characters like mulan, pocahontas and jasmine that would be good to do. hope that helps
    Last edited by beckix.o.x; 07-29-2009 at 03:57 AM.


Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Anyone attending Hollywood auditions for Tokyo Disney face character/dancer?
    By lauranelson27 in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 03:48 AM
  2. Face Character auditions...AGAIN!
    By Raiderette4gnr in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 02:08 AM
  3. face character auditions!
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
  4. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By Rocker in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 07:53 AM
  5. Disney Face Character Auditions
    By broadwaybaby615 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 04:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •