Page 193 of 540 FirstFirst ... 93143168183190191192193194195196203218243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 8100

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    It's not required, but recommended I think? Could be wrong on that though!
    I think that a resume would make you look more profesional, and I would also recomend it... I don't think it's required, either...

If you don't have a head shot ready, I think you could get by without having a picture... Remember, you should look professional, so Facebook photos on picture paper probably won't cut it... Try something like a school photo... or something like that... If you have a friend that does Photography, you could try that... Just they key word here- Professional... but fun... at least that's how I view this.

• Hopeful Princess <3

I believe i read somewhere that it's good to have a resume, and they recommend you either get a professional headshot, or go to a local high school or college with a photography program to get one taken there.

Thanks for the info everyone! I'm gonna work on getting headshots then =)

I also read about a girl who brought pictures of herself dressed as different characters and they actually wigged her after seeing them...but I'm not sure if thats a good idea lol. What do you guys think?
    They say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true...

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose4 View Post
    Oh and does anyone know if you need a headshot and resume for a face character or parade performer audition?
    You don't need a head shot or resume. I've been to three auditions so far for parades, and I didn't need either of those things.

• waiting to be kissed

I also read about a girl who brought pictures of herself dressed as different characters and they actually wigged her after seeing them...but I'm not sure if thats a good idea lol. What do you guys think?
    That generally is not something someone should do. It's like showing up to the audition already in costume. With this sort of thing, you just have to trust the casting directors' judgments.

• wanderlust

Last edited by ladollhouse; 12-21-2010 at 08:05 PM.
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

On the audition site it doesn't mention one specifically for the audition I'm going to but I feel like I should bring one just in case. Maybe this is a stupid question but if I do princess parties (dressing up as different characters and going to b-day parties for kids) should I put that on my resume?

Just a Frog- Yeah, I didn't think that would be the best idea either lol

• wanderlust

On the audition site it doesn't mention one specifically for the audition I'm going to but I feel like I should bring one just in case. Maybe this is a stupid question but if I do princess parties (dressing up as different characters and going to b-day parties for kids) should I put that on my resume?

Just a Frog- Yeah, I didn't think that would be the best idea either lol
    Last edited by ladollhouse; 12-21-2010 at 08:05 PM.
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

ladollhouse- I do both Disney and non-Disney, yeah i'm very sure Disney does not like the party companies lol...can't say I blame them most of them do a crappy job which is why I do freelance. I will just put the non-Disney one on my resume. Thank you!

For the Character Host Auditions, since its more of an interview then an audition does anyone know what people typically wear? I don't know if it's more dance/workout clothes or more casual clothing? Thank for any info!

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Feet09 View Post
    For the Character Host Auditions, since its more of an interview then an audition does anyone know what people typically wear? I don't know if it's more dance/workout clothes or more casual clothing? Thank for any info!
    I'd say no matter what don't go casual... Which is to say no jeans and t-shirt. Black jeans and a dressy shirt would do, I mean you could wear more "casual" clothing, but this is still a special interview. Just like any other job interview, you want to make a good first impression, and that starts by looking at you... I have no idea what happens in Character Host Auditions, but yeah. No or VERY little text on the shirt (Like, off to the side or something. If it's small writing on your chest or back, don't wear it...) and no characters on it either (Disney or non). So basically just a plain, nice shirt. If there is a dance portion (Somebody help me out???), wear pants that are comfortable to move it, but try to stay away from sweats. (And when I say comfortable to move in, jeans don't count. If you can rip it by doing the splits or something similar, you probably shouldn't wear it...) As for shoes- non-dance I'd say nothing open toe unless you're planning on wearing heels for the interview, in which case, I'd suggest not wearing really high heels... Um, not gym shoes... I don't know if Converse-type shoes would pass either... If it is a dance audition, Jazz shoes are best, however, tennis shoes or something with a soft sole would work...

I hope this helps a little! I have no idea what happens in Character Host Auditions, so... yeah! Good luck!!

This isn't uncommon to see if someone has previously worked for another Disney park as a face character and is now auditioning for a new park. This may or may not have been the case. However, I definitely would not recommend it in any other situation than this.

kcw- Yeah I thought that was weird. The girl had never worked for a Disney park before from what I know, maybe she made it up lol. I feel like casting directors would just get annoyed by something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glindy View Post
    If it is a dance audition, Jazz shoes are best, however, tennis shoes or something with a soft sole would work...
    Jazz shoes work, but I would definitely think character shoes would be better as it's what nearly all the female performers wear in the parks. I would say people should bring both if they have them.
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

• My turn

Quote Originally Posted by Glindy View Post
    As for noses, I've heard that really makes or break some look a likes... When I first kind of talked about Disney casting on the side (before I was even thinking of considering it) I heard they cast on noses... So yeah... I think my nose is huge so that kind of kills me inside... and Choc (Love your enthusiasm for the Queen, btw! I wish I could pull her off, but alas...) you gave us your Disney height... what is your normal height? (If I skipped over it, I'm terribly sorry!)
    It better not be solely on noses, because then I'm doomed.

I'm literally just short of 5'6". So when normal people ask me my height I just round up and say that. The reason I said "Disney height" was because I heard their measurements are some inch or so off from your actual height, but I'm not sure if that's true now because 5' 5 3/4" sounds accurate and is short of 5'6".

Oh and does anyone know if you need a headshot and resume for a face character or parade performer audition?
    Other people have answered already, but it's not required. Not for DLR. Some do bring it anyway, but it won't penalize you. Like with other auditions, headshots are so the casting directors will remember your face. I don't think it gives you better advantage at the audition, but it won't hurt you obviously.

However I do know that sometimes if the casting don't need you but they really like you and see you as a potential character, they take note of you and put you down in a "watch" pile (I'm not sure what they called it) for when they do need characters you look like. I don't know how often that happens but I know it does happen.

Others have answered this already too, but I wouldn't recommend it. Like I mentioned, a friend of mine in the entertainment department says dressing up is a disadvantage to you. I know this is not exactly the same situation, but it doesn't seem too different either, so I wouldn't risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing_Feet09 View Post
    I can't remember what the people wore when I went to those auditions. I don't even remember what I wore since it was so long ago. But I think I saw a variety of clothing style. No one was sloppily dressed nor in street wear clothing of course, but I did see jeans, sweaters, and casual shirts as well as more some in dress shirts, formal suits, etc. Basically, there was no specific style I saw.

And for shoes for the dance auditions, they just ask you wear shoes you can move in. I went in sneakers because it was the only loose, flexible shoes I had. Most people at mine were dancers so they all had their own jazz/dance slippers they changed into. Whatever you can easily move around and dance in, and not have aching feet!