Page 2 of 541 FirstFirst 12345122752102502 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by american_werewolf View Post
    Queen of Hearts lol.

i remember back in high school they were scouting for auditions at my school, but i was too young at the time.
    Aw, oh really? That's how I feel! Haha
    I wish they would change the age back to 16, I think it's 18 now

• Honorary Mermaid.

It's so intimidating how precise they are as far as looks go.
    I couldn't imagine getting lined up and being straight up judged by just your appearance.
    All I imagine is casting directors saying "lose 10 pounds!" or "your nose is too big!" (but something tells me Disney wouldn't do that...please tell me Disney wouldn't do that).
    I understand though, that's how they find perfect look-a-like characters!

And I'm not gonna lie, I secretly (okay maybe not so secretly) wish I could be cast as a princess. Preferably that of the... ahem, mermaid descent.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    All I imagine is casting directors saying "lose 10 pounds!" or "your nose is too big!" (but something tells me Disney wouldn't do that...please tell me Disney wouldn't do that).
    I understand though, that's how they find perfect look-a-like characters!
    They wouldn't do that... You're either asked to stay, or leave... that simple. They don't belittle people in the process. This isn't American Idol, it's Disney, and they have a little more respect for people then that.

• Sock Puppet

To Lovelylocks and Disneymouse, i'm happy they don't do that! and I could never imagine them doing that since it is disney. To lovely locks, ofcourse you could be a princess! Other then Ariel too You should definitely try out!

• Honorary Mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    They wouldn't do that... You're either asked to stay, or leave... that simple. They don't belittle people in the process. This isn't American Idol, it's Disney, and they have a little more respect for people then that.
    okay good, haha.
    But still! I read an article somewhere on a girl who used to be a princess and she said the judges were known to make rude comments.

• Sock Puppet

okay good, haha.
    But still! I read an article somewhere on a girl who used to be a princess and she said the judges were known to make rude comments.
    I read that too. I heard both sides of the story.
    But majority who have been there, have never reported that.
    I highly doubt it. I mainly heard they we're extremely happy and kind. Sounds Disney to me!

• Drinker of Mad Tea

I would kill to be the Mad Hatter! It would be so much fun to run around Disneyland being crazy. Unfortuntely, I'd probably make an obscure Lewis Carroll reference and confuse everyone...
    ~The darkness must go
    Down the river of night's dreaming
    Flow morphia slow
    Let the sun and light come streaming
    Into my life, into my life~

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Noctourne View Post
    I would kill to be the Mad Hatter! It would be so much fun to run around Disneyland being crazy. Unfortuntely, I'd probably make an obscure Lewis Carroll reference and confuse everyone...
    Hahaha! I love Mad Hatter. Alice and Hatter make such a great team

• Honorary Mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    To lovely locks, ofcourse you could be a princess! Other then Ariel too You should definitely try out!
    Oh! Thank you
    That makes me happy to hear.
    maybe one day I'll work up the confidence to actually try out.

• Sock Puppet

Oh! Thank you
    That makes me happy to hear.
    maybe one day I'll work up the confidence to actually try out.
    I know what you mean. I'm all ready to go now, but i'm sure when i'm old enough and it's time to go i'll have my doubts. But I want this so bad, i'm just going to go for it! You should too. The worst they can do is excuse you and thank you for coming
    Seriously, there's nothing for you to be worried about! You'd be so pretty as any princess.

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

some yrs back i had this friend that totally looked like Alice. she was 23 at the time, and was really short, and plus Alice was like her fave Disney movie and character, and plus she had this cute little voice. sadly she moved back where she was from, North Carolina and we lost touch, but i think she should have auditioned, just to see.

she was really trying to get into voice work which is something i wanna do too as my voice is pretty unique and plus i like doing accents and stuff, wish they were hiring voice actors at DL, well i guess i can always try to do cartoon voices hehe.

anyways i told the Mattel girl today about the auditions, and her mom said how most of the face characters they had seen seemed like older ppl, like over 30 i guess, and this girl is only 20 but i don't think that would matter much.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by american_werewolf View Post
    some yrs back i had this friend that totally looked like Alice. she was 23 at the time, and was really short, and plus Alice was like her fave Disney movie and character, and plus she had this cute little voice. sadly she moved back where she was from, North Carolina and we lost touch, but i think she should have auditioned, just to see.

she was really trying to get into voice work which is something i wanna do too as my voice is pretty unique and plus i like doing accents and stuff, wish they were hiring voice actors at DL, well i guess i can always try to do cartoon voices hehe.

anyways i told the Mattel girl today about the auditions, and her mom said how most of the face characters they had seen seemed like older ppl, like over 30 i guess, and this girl is only 20 but i don't think that would matter much.
    The princesses and such are probably in their later 20's. But over 30 would be pushing it a little. Especially for child characters like alice
    But that's cool! Yeah I guess as long as your 18 you can audition. There's an Alice/Wendy at Disneyworld and if i'm correct, she started when she was 16!
    But your friend should have auditioned!
    Last edited by Alice in Wonderland; 04-30-2009 at 06:10 PM.

• Disneyland History Lover

I'm still trying work up the nerve to go in on April 1st and try this. I'm not so much worried about the rejection as much as I am screwing up somewhere.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I'm still trying work up the nerve to go in on April 1st and try this. I'm not so much worried about the rejection as much as I am screwing up somewhere.
    Oh, you should definitely go! You have such the princess face. Especially snow white. Wish I could go. Ah, so jealous! I have no patience. I hate waiting.. haha.

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    Oh, you should definitely go! You have such the princess face. Especially snow white. Wish I could go. Ah, so jealous! I have no patience. I hate waiting.. haha.
    Haha, thanks. I am kinda short though... 5'3. Most of the princesses in D-land seem to be about 5'7-5'8.