Page 204 of 544 FirstFirst ... 104154179194201202203204205206207214229254304 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 8152

• Future Tinkerbell!

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by Glindy View Post
    A monologue is a scene that only happens with one character- they are talking to themselves or telling a story usually. As long as they don't have someone talking back...
    Word.

Well, if you want to get super-technical a soliloquy is when one person is onstage talking to themselves, a monologue is when a person has an uninterrupted dialog while speaking to another person.

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Glindy View Post

While on the topic of monologues.... has any one heard of them asking you to do one further on in the audition process? I know that sometimes they might make you sing a song from a movie, or maybe act like a character, but monologues...?
    For a face character audition they will NEVER ask you to sing since the face characters you encounter in the park do not sing. They will not ask you to do a monologue either.

• Sock Puppet

Cute monologue Glindy!

You guys encouraged me to post my quick fandub that I actually did like, right now. Everyone sounds so perfect and broadway when they fandub, I sound like a 5 year old girl with a cold (I have a minor cold right now..which is weird because it's almost summer..) anywho, i just wannna post this for funn haha. i was a little lazy and didn't do a full on accent like normal. oh welllll.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJgnehn0JaU[/ame]

oh and i made the youtube account yesterday i dont really use it haha

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    Word.

Well, if you want to get super-technical a soliloquy is when one person is onstage talking to themselves, a monologue is when a person has an uninterrupted dialog while speaking to another person.
    What she said! haha. Describing's not my thing... :P

And AliceinWonderland-
    Thanks...
    I highly doubt I sound Broadway, though! That would be a high complement...

• Disneys Newest Princess

Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post
    For a face character audition they will NEVER ask you to sing since the face characters you encounter in the park do not sing. They will not ask you to do a monologue either.
    So i guess all my years of vocal experience and my beautiful voice wont help me at all. heh. nor will my ability to memorize any movie if i watch it enough.

btw. those r all pics of me in my new sig. What do you guys think?
    If You Can Dream!

• Future Tinkerbell!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    Cute monologue Glindy!

You guys encouraged me to post my quick fandub that I actually did like, right now. Everyone sounds so perfect and broadway when they fandub, I sound like a 5 year old girl with a cold (I have a minor cold right now..which is weird because it's almost summer..) anywho, i just wannna post this for funn haha. i was a little lazy and didn't do a full on accent like normal. oh welllll.

oh and i made the youtube account yesterday i dont really use it haha
    It won't let me watch it since I haven't accepted a friend request or something!

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

• Banned User

Glindy- believe in yourself. theater training will help you so much! its helped me with my confidence unbelievably. you're awesome!
    anyways, you mentioned a folder of monologues all disney. i have the worst of luck finding disney monologues!! do you just watch the movies and copy them down or what?? i sound pathetic , i've been doing monologues for three years, but never anything disney!

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Rachel View Post
    So i guess all my years of vocal experience and my beautiful voice wont help me at all. heh. nor will my ability to memorize any movie if i watch it enough.
    Not really, if you have vocal training you can also audition for an AGVA role when those spots open up.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

After making it to costuming and wigs -- what next?

Hi, new to this site and enjoying it. Does anyone know the Disney hiring process after auditions? A friend's daughter was recently at the Orlando auditions and made it through the whole process, dance steps, pantomime, etc. She was then costumed and wigged for two different face characters and interviewed by someone from human resources.

Anyone know what happens next?

Thanks!

• aliceindisneyland

glindy that was wonderful!
    you've made me want to do one now haha!
    i don't have a youtube account though.

i don't really do theatre training but i am taking acting and doing dance training over the summer so thats good i guess

oh yeah the alice monolouge! yes that would be great thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    glindy that was wonderful!
    you've made me want to do one now haha!
    i don't have a youtube account though.

i don't really do theatre training but i am taking acting and doing dance training over the summer so thats good i guess

oh yeah the alice monolouge! yes that would be great thanks
    So you're on this side of the world like me? Consider Disney's International Programs(I don't know how old you are...) you can work at Epcot for a year. I did a different programme which they've scrapped now but if you like Disney you might enjoy it.

Am getting a bit too old now probably for all this character stuff there probably wouldn't be that many roles I could play if I was successful(160cm? Pooh could be a friend), the only Princess I would match up to would be Tiana but I don't think my height, look and dance abilities are sufficient...if they ever recruit for the old woman(Voodoo??-Mama Odie thats it! lol). That might be my best option lol but I bet I'd be too tall!!! Its one of those "if it doesn't happen soon, you can forget about it ever happening" kind of things. While I don't have any boyfriend/husband/children/career going on, it would be perfect...but I'm so impatient!!!

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by heffalumpy View Post
    So you're on this side of the world like me? Consider Disney's International Programs(I don't know how old you are...) you can work at Epcot for a year. I did a different programme which they've scrapped now but if you like Disney you might enjoy it.

Am getting a bit too old now probably for all this character stuff there probably wouldn't be that many roles I could play if I was successful(160cm? Pooh could be a friend), the only Princess I would match up to would be Tiana but I don't think my height, look and dance abilities are sufficient...if they ever recruit for the old woman(Voodoo??-Mama Odie thats it! lol). That might be my best option lol but I bet I'd be too tall!!! Its one of those "if it doesn't happen soon, you can forget about it ever happening" kind of things. While I don't have any boyfriend/husband/children/career going on, it would be perfect...but I'm so impatient!!!

yeahpp! i do have a leaflet about it, wow epcot! maybe i could be alice, she seems to hang round the UK pavillion quite alot
    well i'm not old enough yet
    i love my height, even though everyone is towering over me hahaa, i have a few personal features that i dislike but hey, like people said you can't be perfect? : P

oh don't put yourself down! you never know what disney are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by girlyymzmadd View Post
    Glindy- believe in yourself. theater training will help you so much! its helped me with my confidence unbelievably. you're awesome!
    anyways, you mentioned a folder of monologues all disney. i have the worst of luck finding disney monologues!! do you just watch the movies and copy them down or what?? i sound pathetic , i've been doing monologues for three years, but never anything disney!
    Yeah, believe it or not, I have gained a lot of confidence since I started doing theatre two years ago. The people you meet there help A LOT. And thanks so much. <3

Yes! Um, the people who auditioned us (students for a student directed production) typed them up for us. I do believe that they just watched them then typed them. That's how I get most of mine. And you should do a Disney one! They're super fun! Honestly! I could PM you some of them, if you'd like...

Re: After making it to costuming and wigs -- what next?

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethB View Post
    Hi, new to this site and enjoying it. Does anyone know the Disney hiring process after auditions? A friend's daughter was recently at the Orlando auditions and made it through the whole process, dance steps, pantomime, etc. She was then costumed and wigged for two different face characters and interviewed by someone from human resources.

Anyone know what happens next?

Thanks!
    Bleh! Don't know how to doubble quote!

Um, from what I've read, once you get through the first day of auditions, they tell you to come back the next day if they want you... The second day might have more dancing and whatnot, but, yes, this is where they interview you (I think it's like any normal job interview, only keep in mind that it is still performing work so those could be some of the questions...) and after that they pretty much tell you there yes or no... Then they set up a starting date with a bit of rehearsals/ training (I think) and then you're ready to go.

This is only what I've heard. There wasn't much detail on the site, but, yeah... As I've said a million times before, don't qote me on it! haha.

• aliceindisneyland

well i do know, (i read it by a former disneyland cast member who was friends with face characters)
    that in the interview, they asked them questions based on a character say 'tinkerbell'. but the questions can be tricky, and you must stay in character to see how convincing of that character you are

although i don't know if that still happens, so don't take my word for it,