Page 222 of 531 FirstFirst ... 122172197212219220221222223224225232247272322 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 7957

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Girls, don't stress too much about what Truth said. You are all beautiful and of course, not everyone will look like a Disney character but that doesn't make you ugly if you don't. It all comes down to the casting directors so don't let someone on the internet tell you whether or not you will make it, just try and hope for the best =)
    They say if you dream a thing more than once, it's sure to come true...

• wanderlust

Last edited by ladollhouse; 12-21-2010 at 08:01 PM.
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    Truth- I understand where you are coming from. I understand that the entertainment industry is tough, I've been in it for ten years. I get it. But to tell almost everyone on this thread that basically they have no chance is sort of really rude. But who's to say that I won't look different in two years? Who's to say I won't end up looking like future cast members? Honestly, unless you have been to the future and back, then I don't think you should be telling people who has a chance and who doesn't. Everyone here has a chance, and sure a lot of us won't make it, but you can't go killing everyones hopes and dreams like that. Maybe you work in the industry there, but still. This is not two years from now. This is 2010. I can't even audition until the very end of this year, and probably won't then. I know my teeth aren't perfect, I need to fix them. I know that I am not a perfect match to the character actors there now. But please, at least let a girl hope. And by the way, that Alice is in a ton of makeup and I am not. So unless you somehow compared our faces side by side, both of us wearing no makeup, how do you know I don't look more like her than you think? Oh and she was REALLY close to the same size as me. About half an inch taller in her heels and close to the same waist size as me. I don't mean to sound rude, but you almost made me want to cry by telling me that I had no chance.

And thank you to whoever said you thought I had a chance. It made me feel better.
    totally agree with you there, yes that friend of alice most likely did have quite a fair bit of make-up on there, as disney characters do have porcelain skin.
    the girls that truth mentioned in the list i totally agree would make amazing face characters. but that in no ways means ruling out others, but perhaps you are a casting director? then in that case i completely undetsand.

still, like annie said, let a girl hope

The fact that TrueDisney of whatever only posted now, when they could have posted 100 pages ago, plus the fact that they haven't posted since, leads me to believe they were only trolling.
    It sounds to me like maybe their face character audition may not have gone very well.

Personally, I wouldn't single a single on of you guys out! You're all beautiful. There's more than one type of face-character, just like there's more than one type of girl!

Ah! And welcome to the thread new people! Good luck with your audition.

• Disneys Newest Princess

Quote Originally Posted by littleactressann View Post
    Truth- I understand where you are coming from. I understand that the entertainment industry is tough, I've been in it for ten years. I get it. But to tell almost everyone on this thread that basically they have no chance is sort of really rude. But who's to say that I won't look different in two years? Who's to say I won't end up looking like future cast members? Honestly, unless you have been to the future and back, then I don't think you should be telling people who has a chance and who doesn't. Everyone here has a chance, and sure a lot of us won't make it, but you can't go killing everyones hopes and dreams like that. Maybe you work in the industry there, but still. This is not two years from now. This is 2010. I can't even audition until the very end of this year, and probably won't then. I know my teeth aren't perfect, I need to fix them. I know that I am not a perfect match to the character actors there now. But please, at least let a girl hope. And by the way, that Alice is in a ton of makeup and I am not. So unless you somehow compared our faces side by side, both of us wearing no makeup, how do you know I don't look more like her than you think? Oh and she was REALLY close to the same size as me. About half an inch taller in her heels and close to the same waist size as me. I don't mean to sound rude, but you almost made me want to cry by telling me that I had no chance.

And thank you to whoever said you thought I had a chance. It made me feel better.
    Your not alone. I actually did start crying. And considering she or he, only posted on here once, i think he or she was goin for a hit and run kind of deal. Causing mass cauos and then making a run for it!
    If You Can Dream!

It's my duty to keep professional on these boards.
    You can view these forums without being an active member.

To the responses on my last post: ActressAnn, paperstar, spazzerbot, etc; Disney is about believing in yourself, but in this case only to a certain extent. You do not want to obstruct the view of reality. Which can save you time and money as well as devastation.

I am in no way, shape, or form, saying you girls not in my last post list are not genuine women. Disneyland Entertainment Face Characters resolve solely around Height, Face Shape, Body Type, Eye Size, Teeth, Nose, Cheek Bones, Personality, Voice, Clear Porcelain, and pure talent.

I am not revealing nor confirming my past or current place in a Disney Park.

My list of girls was thought out, I've taken most ethnicities on this board, and chosen the best candidates, that really do have a chance in the company.

To clear something up, i'd like to point out Disney Entertainment is not by any means an easy job to get, but it is not as much of a battle as believed to be. Not every girl wants to work at Disney, let alone has the passion, time, driving ability to get there, height of their supposed look-a-like, or even appears to look like the world famous characters.

Things to take into consideration
    -Healthy looking girls are a goal
    -If you have everything, eye color is not taken into consideration. If you have everything and the eye color, it may help you. Not in every case. Depends on the auditioning girls' look.
    -You can get fired by posting pictures of your character friend(s) on a networking website
    -Generally call backs is how the news is told
    -$15.00 an hour is the approximate Face Character pay rate
    -Wear easy to move around in clothes to your audition
    -FC Department is recommended and preferred
    -Make-up is not to be used heavily or too lightly
    -4'10 and a little under is more likely to land you in Tinkerbell instead of Wendy or Alice. [For anyone in that height range]
    -Girls must appear to be similar to the already casted group in their character
    -Look like you're having fun at your audition. SMILE

My point of view is not to stop any lady to not chase their dream, as it is to clear what seems to me, unspoken words throughout this message board.

• Hopeful Princess <3

I think TruthofDisney, though maybe a little to blatantly, did put a little bit a reality into my perspective. As much as i would love to work at disney, I know, really do, that i probably would not be casted as much as I would like too. Yes this is a dream of mine, but not my biggest or toughest either. I focus most of my energy on trying to become a stage actress. You all are beautiful girls and i would love you all to achieve all your dreams, disney or not.

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzerbot View Post
    The fact that TrueDisney of whatever only posted now, when they could have posted 100 pages ago, plus the fact that they haven't posted since, leads me to believe they were only trolling.
    It sounds to me like maybe their face character audition may not have gone very well.
    From the sound of it, it seems to me like Truth is not trolling. In fact, he/she is being perfectly honest and most of his/her opinion is factual.

In fact, I know there are several cast members who have been wanting to say the same thing here. Me being one of them. As I said before on this thread a while back, I have been to at least a dozen auditions and I have accepted the fact that I will never be chosen, and I'm completely fine with that now. I still make magic happen in my own way at the park, and I don't need to wear a wig and a fancy dress to do it.

I think what Truth is trying to say is not to become obsessed with this whole idea. And their words may be harsh, but I do feel that what Truth said needed to be said.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

TruthofDisney and littlecricket, I truly respect your wisdom and honesty. The truth hurts, yeah, but that's because it's true.

I was upset, however, at how Truth singled out littleactress, and how he/she stated that eighty-five percent of the girls here have "no chance" as a face character. I guess it's just because a lot of the girls here are so young, and it's hard being a teenage girl, because it feels like everyone is criticising your appearance, and even if they really aren't, you always are. So I thought this was a great, if a little unrealistic, corner of the internet where you could share your hopes and be told that maybe you have a chance to be a princess.

That's not to say that any of us may get cast. But I am completely honest in every compliment I give someone, because who knows which of us could do well at Disney, but everyone has a great, unique feature that they should be reminded of. The main reason why I want to work for Disney is because I do my very best to make people smile.

I know I have a small chance of getting cast at my auditions this week, especially because I am only eighteen, after all, but I am going in there with my head held high because I really do believe in myself, and I hope everyone here does too, I don't care how cheesy it sounds.

But you two, I really do appreciate your tips. Thank you very much for making this thread a little more realistic.

$15.00/hr?! Makes my current pay look even more pointless.. haha.

I wouldn't say they are trolling, either. Sure, it's a bit harsh, but when you work in the entertainment industry, opinions are very rarely sugarcoated. I don't exactly think its fair to single out littleactressann, especially when she's so young and does have a lot of growing up to do still (I know I don't look the same as I did when I was 16!), but ann, your response was very classy and mature and for what its worth, I think you do have a chance.

While I was on "the list" and I appreciate it, that still doesn't mean I'm where I want to be in the FC department. I can't speak for everyone because my memory isn't that great and I can't recall who has auditioned yet and hasn't... I can speak for myself and having been to multiple auditions, I still haven't been picked even though I have the semi-approval of this TruthofDisney. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who says what on here, it only matters what the casting director of your audition is looking for at that very moment.

Go into your audition with confidence and hopes that you'll make it, but expect that you won't. It will save you a lot of hurt in the long run should you not make it (which is statistically more likely) and if you do... then you'll be even happier to have beat the odds. But, as cliche as this sounds...you'll never know for sure until you try.

That being said, TruthofDisney does seem to have a bit of their facts in order, so I'll ask while I can. I've come across friends of characters on facebook (I have friends in the entertainment industry, and this particular person had them in costume on their default.. and a public profile..) but I've been told that its alright to post the photos so long as you don't tag the actual person, and you just tag in the corner or something. It's more of a curiosity thing because I personally don't think I would ever risk my job like that on a technicality, but it has always sort of puzzled me.

• aliceindisneyland

i think that now i've gone over it, i realise that yes truth is probably telling the truth, but i agree with paperstar too, it would be soo nice to be able to make children smile as their favourite character greets them, but truth will be right that alot of us won't have the amazing chance to be able to do that. but hey, who knows what will happen in the future
    we should keep this thread on a positive, without getting our hopes to high,

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by v-13 View Post
    That being said, TruthofDisney does seem to have a bit of their facts in order, so I'll ask while I can. I've come across friends of characters on facebook (I have friends in the entertainment industry, and this particular person had them in costume on their default.. and a public profile..) but I've been told that its alright to post the photos so long as you don't tag the actual person, and you just tag in the corner or something. It's more of a curiosity thing because I personally don't think I would ever risk my job like that on a technicality, but it has always sort of puzzled me.
    I know this wasn't directed toward me, but I'll add my two cents. I think the fact is that so many people do post photos of themselves now that management can't really do much about it, short of firing half of the entertainment department. They just tend to look the other way when it comes to those sorta things.

Management just sorta cracks down now on the people who post things like backstage photos, or half-in-costume photos, or people wearing costumes they're not approved for. Sadly one girl who was friends with Alice was let go because she tried on the Ariel wig and posted pictures online. There are all sorts of "Disney-Illegal" photos floating around out there, and those are the ones management don't want getting out.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    I know this wasn't directed toward me, but I'll add my two cents. I think the fact is that so many people do post photos of themselves now that management can't really do much about it, short of firing half of the entertainment department. They just tend to look the other way when it comes to those sorta things.

Management just sorta cracks down now on the people who post things like backstage photos, or half-in-costume photos, or people wearing costumes they're not approved for. Sadly one girl who was friends with Alice was let go because she tried on the Ariel wig and posted pictures online. There are all sorts of "Disney-Illegal" photos floating around out there, and those are the ones management don't want getting out.
    That makes sense. A shame for that friend of Alice, but its understandable. Thanks, littlecricket. I appreciate all the insight you have to offer us outsiders

Quote Originally Posted by AliceinWonderland. View Post
    lizlovesdisney- You look like such a pretty girl! Really seem like you'd be a convincing princess. (:
    haha thank youuu

you want to be alice? right? im sure youll be an amazing alice

• Disneys Newest Princess

I still have two years until im able to even get to an audition site. ive still got a bit of growing up to do. But Truth, I thank you for putting things into a real life perspective. Ive heard that the people at the auditions wont sugar coat things either.
    If You Can Dream!