Page 242 of 535 FirstFirst ... 142192217232239240241242243244245252267292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 8019

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by girlyymzmadd View Post
    LOL! nice to meet ya is that pic on the blog you? cause if so, you look IDENTICAL to snow white!! omg, your so lucky! i have a good friend who used to play snow white a million years ago!

i am soooo envious of you being aloud to audition at 16!! in ca you have to wait till you're 100 ( or 17 and a graduating hs senior :P )

AHAHAH!
    Yeah, the picture is me Thanks, it's nice to have someone else's opinion. The only problem is- I have blue eyes. Snow White has brown. But I got brown contacts, and am putting it on my resume that I have them so Disney knows. Also, I'm a little on the tall side for Snow White. A smidge over 5'6"

I was really surprised when I heard about the age difference thing! Why do you think Disneyland does that? It would seem they would want some younger people for the characters that look really young- Alice, Wendy, Snow White, etc.

• Cherry Tart

^ Eye color doesn't matter for Snow White. In the park she can have either blue or brown eyes.

Also keep in mind that in SoCal, people who are 17 and younger are presumably still in high school. Disney wants your schedule to be open and having school 5 days a week is NOT good for their entertainment schedule.
    Last edited by littlecricket; 06-14-2010 at 09:32 AM.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    ^ Eye color doesn't matter for Snow White. In the park she can have either blue or brown eyes.

Also keep in mind that in SoCal, people who are 17 and younger are presumably still in high school. Disney wants your schedule to be open and having school 5 days a week is NOT good for their entertainment schedule.
    i have a question i'm not sure of,
    i read a while back that when you first start, you don't do as many days as say a person who's worked there a little longer (it does seem the right thing to do of course), so when you first start is it best to say you would be available at anytime?? and will this help you get more time working ( or creating magic haha) ??

i don't know if this applies for WDW too,
    thanks

That's encouraging Are you sure, though? I've never seen a Snow White with blue eyes before.

• I'm Wishing...

This is also a quick question regarding working hours. Can you be hired for short periods of time, as in during the summer? What is the minimum time period you can be hired for? I know that you can go for as short as 3 months in Tokyo Disney, but understandably the same rules probably wouldn't apply in the states. Does anybody know the requirement, and if it stands for both DLR and WDW?
    All it takes is a dream and a wish!

• Hopeful Princess <3

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitesoprano View Post
    That's encouraging Are you sure, though? I've never seen a Snow White with blue eyes before.
    She works for disney, i think shes pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    This is also a quick question regarding working hours. Can you be hired for short periods of time, as in during the summer? What is the minimum time period you can be hired for? I know that you can go for as short as 3 months in Tokyo Disney, but understandably the same rules probably wouldn't apply in the states. Does anybody know the requirement, and if it stands for both DLR and WDW?
    This isn't an answer to that question, but I kind of wanted to add on... Since everyone would be crazy about getting a job in the summer there, is Disney more hesitant to hire for those months? I mean, obviously, they need them in that time... but do they like to have you available for other times of the year as apposed to only the summer? Is it make or break, is what I'm leaning towards...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland_Baby View Post
    She works for disney, i think shes pretty sure.
    Oh haha sorry, I didn't know that. I wasn't doubting her, I just didn't want to get my hopes up if it wasn't a 'for sure' thing.

• Hopeful Princess <3

Hahah no I totally understand, I'm sorry if that sounded condescending, I definitely did not mean it that way!

No, it's totally fine. I just wanted to be clear so that I didn't offend

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    i read a while back that when you first start, you don't do as many days as say a person who's worked there a little longer (it does seem the right thing to do of course), so when you first start is it best to say you would be available at anytime?? and will this help you get more time working ( or creating magic haha) ??

i don't know if this applies for WDW too,
    thanks
    I would say for any job you should list that you are available any time, unless you aren't I guess, but be very open. Employers get tons of people applying that ARE available 24/7, especially with the economy as it is. Why hire someone who has a hard schedule, or any schedule to work around, when you have a pile of people who will be there anytime. I would always list 100 percent availability, as its a huge deal breaker when deciding who to hire for most companies

Quote Originally Posted by Glindy View Post
    This isn't an answer to that question, but I kind of wanted to add on... Since everyone would be crazy about getting a job in the summer there, is Disney more hesitant to hire for those months? I mean, obviously, they need them in that time... but do they like to have you available for other times of the year as apposed to only the summer? Is it make or break, is what I'm leaning towards...
    I don't know this for sure about Disney, but most places that hire seasonal help differenciate between regular and seasonal. I am sure it makes a difference for them on the business side somewhere. They usually ask you things like that on an application. So, it could really be a deal breaker on either side....if they're are looking for people permanently and don't need any more summer only people, they may not want to move forward if you if you are clearly looking for a "regular" position, or possibly they would offer you summer only. If you say your only seasonal and they are looking to hire seasonal, you will be a good fit because they want people who aren't going to to be upset at the end of the summer when they don't have a job anymore...these contracts are usually listed pretty specifically as to when your time there would end... Some places will allow seasonal people to come back every season, such as all summer, then christmas break, then summer again, etc. I would ask what they are hiring for, and then decide what you want to apply as. I would bet it will ask you to check what type of work you are looking for.

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    i read a while back that when you first start, you don't do as many days as say a person who's worked there a little longer (it does seem the right thing to do of course), so when you first start is it best to say you would be available at anytime?? and will this help you get more time working ( or creating magic haha)
    Well it wouldn't hurt, but it won't really help either. When you first hire in, your only option is to take what they give you. Which usually isn't much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    This is also a quick question regarding working hours. Can you be hired for short periods of time, as in during the summer?
    Not any more. I don't know about WDW, but in Disneyland the entertainment department no longer hires Casual Temporary (seasonal) status. You either work part time or full time. If you are Casual Regular (part time) the days you are required to be available are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The rest of the week is your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitesoprano View Post
    Yep, I have seen plenty of blue-eyed Snows.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• Banned User

Yep, I have seen plenty of blue-eyed Snows.
    I bet it's an advantage that you have blue eyes, because then you can play lots more characters. i think some people use contacts.. but anyways, maybe you can play cinderella,t oo or other princesses

• Honorary Mermaid.

Just out of curiosity, and I don't expect many of you to know, except for maybe the Disney workers (littlecricket) but do you think they'll be adding Rapunzel to the family of face characters at the park?
    I vaguely remember this being asked before and not entirely answered, but maybe it's more certain now.
    I know she'll probably be considered for a pre parade (if anything) like Giselle.
    Buuuut I think it'd be cool to see her around. Haha I'd love to see her hair.