Page 248 of 536 FirstFirst ... 148198223238245246247248249250251258273298348 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 8040

• Honorary Mermaid.

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Okay I'm a little late on this, but it's an interesting topic, so whatever.

I mentioned it before, but I really wanna be a wedding planner. But also a makeup artist on the side. I almost went to fashion school after high school but my wallet (and parents) did not agree with it. But I still love fashion and one day might do something with it.
    Someday I'm want to work for Disney Fairy Tale Weddings and then eventually get my own wedding/event planning company.
    And maybe one day when I'm rich (HAH, likely never) I'll open my very own cute little cake shop. Because I love love loove baking.

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by girlyymzmadd View Post
    awh well it's SOO cute!

btw, can i say i think you look sooo much like sleeping beauty!
    Ahh, thank you!!! Do you really think so??? I'm pretty sure that's one of the sweetest compliments I've received on Micechat! Haha! Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    And maybe one day when I'm rich (HAH, likely never) I'll open my very own cute little cake shop. Because I love love loove baking.
    Ahhh, just like me!!!
    All it takes is a dream and a wish!

So I'm thinking about auditioning for a face character position at WDW.. I'm already a full-time cast member in Tomorrowland working attractions, just wondering what the extent of dance capabilities are required? As far as I can tell the parade performer and face character auditions seem to be slightly diffferent in terms of the dance moves you have to do - but I may be wrong!

I'm about 6' with a regular build etc - not sure when I'll be auditioning just testing the waters a little bit Any help would be appreciated!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by mills89 View Post
    So I'm thinking about auditioning for a face character position at WDW.. I'm already a full-time cast member in Tomorrowland working attractions, just wondering what the extent of dance capabilities are required? As far as I can tell the parade performer and face character auditions seem to be slightly diffferent in terms of the dance moves you have to do - but I may be wrong!

I'm about 6' with a regular build etc - not sure when I'll be auditioning just testing the waters a little bit Any help would be appreciated!
    I'm not as good with information for guy face characters, but I can try to help!
    At WDW I believe the audition is more open than Disneyland. So in Disneyworld they're looking for full costumed characters, face characters, pupeteers, and whatever else they have posted on the audition site in just one audition. The dance may be a simple routine, but if they are looking at you more towards parades, i'd assume they'd move you on to a harder dance routine. Unless you're going for parades, the dance probably isn't very hard.
    You're too tall for Peter Pan or Terrance, so I think Prince is your best bet for a FC.
    Good luck with your audition if you plan to.

Oh, and I hope someone can come on here from WDW and clear up what I tried to say!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    Ahh, thank you!!! Do you really think so??? I'm pretty sure that's one of the sweetest compliments I've received on Micechat! Haha! Thanks so much!
    )
    judging from ur icon, I really do
    no problem DDD

• Honorary Mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post

Ahhh, just like me!!!
    Haha yes :] its a wonderful idea!
    I even have what I want it to look like planned out in my head

this might be a silly couple of questions, but i've been considering doing the whole face character deal a bit maybe starting my second year of college and this thread is helping me a bunch. :3 but okay, here goes. first off, hi(: first post here, woopee! um, second off, silly questions: are things like makeup done for you, or is it an acquired talent or something? aaand, yeah, i guess same question about dancing: if you're not gung-ho on the parades, how extreme do dancing talents/experience have to be?

it's awesome to see a bunch of other people interested in this, since no one i know is! aha.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by wendy daarling View Post
    this might be a silly couple of questions, but i've been considering doing the whole face character deal a bit maybe starting my second year of college and this thread is helping me a bunch. :3 but okay, here goes. first off, hi(: first post here, woopee! um, second off, silly questions: are things like makeup done for you, or is it an acquired talent or something? aaand, yeah, i guess same question about dancing: if you're not gung-ho on the parades, how extreme do dancing talents/experience have to be?

it's awesome to see a bunch of other people interested in this, since no one i know is! aha.
    Hello! Welcome to the thread. Make-up can be done for you the first 1 to 2 maybe, but there rest is on your own! Depends if you're in WDW or Disneyland about the dancing. In disneyland they are seperate auditions, Disneyworld there usually packed in one. So if you're not the best dancer and you're going for a face character, the dance routine isn't very hard i've heard just for a FC audition in Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Wonderland View Post
    Hello! Welcome to the thread. Make-up can be done for you the first 1 to 2 maybe, but there rest is on your own! Depends if you're in WDW or Disneyland about the dancing. In disneyland they are seperate auditions, Disneyworld there usually packed in one. So if you're not the best dancer and you're going for a face character, the dance routine isn't very hard i've heard just for a FC audition in Disneyland.
    yeah, that's totally what i thought. and good thing i'm in california or i'd be in trouble. ;D aha. not exactly amazing on my feet yet. xD so that's awesome(:

• Future Disney Cast Member

Oh goodness I've been reading this thread for like 4 days and I finally just decided to skip to the end so I could be a part of it (I'll read the rest later). Anyways, hello everyone! I'm one of those Face Character hopefuls as well and I plan on auditioning next summer after my first year of college. I'm pretty much dedicating this year as training for auditions, lots of dance classes for me haha. I'd like to thank Olivia (AliceinWonderland) for posting this this thread. I was in desperate need of information on auditions and this thread and the knowledge people have given have answered all of my questions. All I can say is that I look forward to auditioning. This is a big dream of mine and I'm determined to make it a reality. I think Hannahbelle and AliceinWonderland have expressed exactly how I feel about Disneyland and Disney in general perfectly....maaaaany posts waaaaaaay back there haha.

And since I can't resist asking.....Do I look like Peter Pan? Pictures of me can be found on my profile page, I know perfectly well that you don't go into auditions with a role in mind and expect to get it, but I just thought I'd ask.

I wish that I would have found this thread earlier....I feel like I missed out on so much and meeting all of you wonderful people and talking about one of my favorite topics haha

Again, thank you Olivia for all that you've done! You've strengthened my love for Disneyland and the magic it brings

• i pull weird faces : )

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDestiny View Post
    Oh goodness I've been reading this thread for like 4 days and I finally just decided to skip to the end so I could be a part of it (I'll read the rest later). Anyways, hello everyone! I'm one of those Face Character hopefuls as well and I plan on auditioning next summer after my first year of college.

And since I can't resist asking.....Do I look like Peter Pan? Pictures of me can be found on my profile page, I know perfectly well that you don't go into auditions with a role in mind and expect to get it, but I just thought I'd ask.

I wish that I would have found this thread earlier....I feel like I missed out on so much and meeting all of you wonderful people and talking about one of my favorite topics haha

Again, thank you Olivia for all that you've done! You've strengthened my love for Disneyland and the magic it brings
    HEY welcome to the thread
    and ahaha, don't worry about missing out on meeting us all, we all welcome everyone new with welcome arms:P

+ I must say you do look alot like peterpan, only thing would be your height? i don't know how tall you are and he is usually short. something like 5'0 - 5'2. but i don't know sorry, i'm sure someone else knows the exact height

But, i could definitely see you as one of the princes!
    I'd think you'd have a great shot at being one of them!

+ lastly, i totally agree, thanks so much for olivia for starting the thread! its helped me so much! whereas before i knew nothing, and now i'm even more determined to audition thanks to all you guys
    Next trip: Disneyland paris - 4th March ( which i won a competition for aha!) <3.

-come a little closer,
    come a little closer,
    turn another page in the story of what's waiting for you <3

• wanderlust

Oh goodness I've been reading this thread for like 4 days and I finally just decided to skip to the end so I could be a part of it (I'll read the rest later). Anyways, hello everyone! I'm one of those Face Character hopefuls as well and I plan on auditioning next summer after my first year of college. I'm pretty much dedicating this year as training for auditions, lots of dance classes for me haha. I'd like to thank Olivia (AliceinWonderland) for posting this this thread. I was in desperate need of information on auditions and this thread and the knowledge people have given have answered all of my questions. All I can say is that I look forward to auditioning. This is a big dream of mine and I'm determined to make it a reality. I think Hannahbelle and AliceinWonderland have expressed exactly how I feel about Disneyland and Disney in general perfectly....maaaaany posts waaaaaaay back there haha.

Last edited by ladollhouse; 12-21-2010 at 07:56 PM.
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

• Sock Puppet

Aw, that is so sweet of you! I really appreciate it, but if it wasn't for all the amazing people posting on this thread and giving wonderful information and sharing experiences, this thread would be nothing.

I think you definitely have a Peter Pan look! You have the perfect eyes for it too. But yeah, your height will play a big role. But if you're too tall for Peter and Terrance there's always a Prince!

(And thanks disneykatie!)

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by wendy daarling View Post
    yeah, that's totally what i thought. and good thing i'm in california or i'd be in trouble. ;D aha. not exactly amazing on my feet yet. xD so that's awesome(:
    Since meet and greet characters generally aren't dancing all of the time, it's good to show at least some coordination!

Oh and Wendy Darling is definitely my second favorite character, so good luck if you plan on auditioning!<3

• aliceindisneyland

Quote Originally Posted by wendybirrd View Post
    Once I'm in costume, the character comes to me, I can't explain it very well.
    i can deffinatly agree with that

well, what i would like to do in the future is deffinatly acting, i'l probably audition for movies and stuff like that, but disney will always have a place in my heart and i want to fulfill a dream of being able to help create the magic that was made for me

i know this is a little repetitive, but about the parade auditions. i know that the dancing is on a more higher level than normal fc auditions, but i was able to learn the routine of the parade of dreams (even had the gold banner, haha im'a disney geek. especially parades, i love how much energy is put into them and they truly show magical disney is . and also watching the alice in wonderland float over and over again, many thanks to briberry for her wonderful videos)

but it wasn't actually that difficult to learn. so i was wondering, if you were capable of learning whole parade dances, would it be wise to go to a parade audition still?

welcome wendy daarling and disneydestiny!