Page 279 of 535 FirstFirst ... 179229254269276277278279280281282289304329379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 8019

• A Weather Eye Open

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

They audition for Paris much more often in the UK, as I gather from just reading the website periodically. DLP looks lovely and I'd like to visit, but as opposed to TDL and HKDL, they don't provide your housing (and Paris can be quite expensive to live in, I've read).

Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post
    a handful.
    I was originally thinking 6-7 for even the most often used characters...
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• aliceindisneyland

in WDW, on the casting site it says all performing CM's are required to be able to perform as full costume characters also. i cant remember if it was discussed before. but if you were hired and the casting directors really liked you for your face etc. would it be a big problem if you had slight claustrophobia?

• i pull weird faces : )

same, i sometime also get claustrophic :| do any of the parks have people who don't have to be costume aswell like you don't have too?

+ btw why do disney have auditions for costume characters if they have people who FC do them anyway?
    or is that to give people the chance to work as a costume, if they couldn't get chosen or wanted to be a FC?

also, sorry for changing the subject but which parks have accomdation for cast members, is it only disneyland paris?
    Next trip: Disneyland paris - 4th March ( which i won a competition for aha!) <3.

-come a little closer,
    come a little closer,
    turn another page in the story of what's waiting for you <3

• Seahorse

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    They audition for Paris much more often in the UK, as I gather from just reading the website periodically. DLP looks lovely and I'd like to visit, but as opposed to TDL and HKDL, they don't provide your housing (and Paris can be quite expensive to live in, I've read).

I was originally thinking 6-7 for even the most often used characters...
    I thought they did provide housing for DLP but you have to pay for it as opposed to having to go out and find your own house in paris??

• Future Disney Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by beckix.o.x View Post
    in WDW, on the casting site it says all performing CM's are required to be able to perform as full costume characters also. i cant remember if it was discussed before. but if you were hired and the casting directors really liked you for your face etc. would it be a big problem if you had slight claustrophobia?
    I used to think that being in one of those costumes would be really claustrophobic, but it's honestly not as bad as you think. I've been Dora, Diego, one of the Backyardigans, and Mr. Potato Head at a kids museum where I live and I used to be so afraid of getting in the costume, but once I actually got in it, it was not bad at all. You have places to see and breath out of, and while it does get hot and occasionally you get that one itch that you can't scratch, but you don't (usually) feel dizzy or closed-in or anything.
    But, then again, that's just me. It could be different for other people.

Quote Originally Posted by disneykatie View Post
    same, i sometime also get claustrophic :| do any of the parks have people who don't have to be costume aswell like you don't have too?

+ btw why do disney have auditions for costume characters if they have people who FC do them anyway?
    or is that to give people the chance to work as a costume, if they couldn't get chosen or wanted to be a FC?

also, sorry for changing the subject but which parks have accomdation for cast members, is it only disneyland paris?
    This was posted wayyy earlier on the thread so idk if you have seen this website but she touches the subject about being claustrophobic.

I'm a former Disneyland cast member. I was Alice in Wonderland. AMA. : IAmA

As far as Disneyland Parism from what I heard it's a nine month contract and they provide you with housing, but you do in fact pay for it (at least from what I hear I could be wrong). It's kinda like the Disney College Program apartments here at Disneyland.
    Even miricales take a little time- Cinderella

What do you do when things go wrong? Oh! You sing a song- Snow White

Yes, it's only in my dreams. But they say if you dream it more than once, it's sure to come true; and I've dreamed him many times. - Princess Aurora

It would be so nice if something made sense for a change - Alice

Although, come to think of it, I've never though about it before...um...sewing shadows- Wendy

• tinkerbell!

Hi everyone!

Sorry if this is really off subject, but I was wondering what I should wear to an audition. I am hopefully auditioning in the coming year and I'm trying to get as much tips and information as I can. Since there is a movement/ routine part of the audition, I was think of dressing in something that I can easily move and dance in. Also, should I wear ballet, jazz, or character shoes???

Any suggestions would be great. Thank you!!!
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

Yes. If you're auditioning for something where movement will be involved, wear something you can move around in easily. Like shorts, leggings, etc. On the audition description it usually says "Wear non-restrictive clothing; tennis or dance shoes are required". In regards to shoes, wear whatever you're comfortable in dancing with.

As a guy, I usually just wear clothes that I would wear while doing anything physical. Like basketball shorts and a regular shirt. For shoes I wear vans, nikes, or cre8tive recs because I'm used to dancing in those. Some people do wear ballet and jazz shoes as well to the auditions.

hey everyone!! So the Tokyo face character auditions are on monday!!! is anyone else going?!?!

wooot! parade auditions are here. (Well tomorrow for girls ) But who's excited?!?!?! I know I am haha

Yes, it's only in my dreams. But they say if you dream it more than once, it's sure to come true; and I've dreamed him many times. - Princess Aurora

Although, come to think of it, I've never though about it before...um...sewing shadows- Wendy

I'm so excited I wonder if any boys on here are at it today.

i know. we'll just have to wait till later. tonight lol

I just came from the auditions. I didn't make it though. =(

I'm sorry Can you pleaaase give us details about the audition?

It's ok. Just gotta try again. Haha.
    I don't know if it'll be the same for the girls, because they're probably expecting a larger turn out tomorrow, but for the boys it was like a regular parade audition.
    You go in the room, fill out a card, get a number and take a head shot. Then you go into another room and learn an across the floor piece. Then they make cuts there. Those that get past that learn another combination and then you perform that in groups. Then they will call some people back to learn another routine, and everyone else is free to leave and return at a later time when they announce who made it and who didnt.