Page 282 of 537 FirstFirst ... 182232257272279280281282283284285292307332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 8045

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    I don't think anyone would know except for maybe whoever is currently playing the characters they are short on, and of course the casting directors. Sorry, but I think it just means showing up every time until they're looking for a character that they like you for.
    That's definately the drive that keeps me going.
    Even miricales take a little time- Cinderella

What do you do when things go wrong? Oh! You sing a song- Snow White

Yes, it's only in my dreams. But they say if you dream it more than once, it's sure to come true; and I've dreamed him many times. - Princess Aurora

It would be so nice if something made sense for a change - Alice

Although, come to think of it, I've never though about it before...um...sewing shadows- Wendy

• Future Princess

Wow, the stories that you all have shared on this thread are wonderful! I've been looking forward to auditioning for a character role for a very, very long time, but I still have about two or three years until I can do so; not age-wise, but just schedule-wise.

I have a question though. I've read many different places that Disney College Program members can and cannot be characters.. I was just wondering if anyone has been a DCP member and been a character or if it's not possible. I still plan on working at WDW after college for a few years, but I'm also doing the DCP as much as possible. Any thoughts?

Also, is the height preferred for most princesses, particularly Belle or Ariel, around 5' 7"? I've been reading this thread for a while and saw that there is a different way of measuring according to Disney standards, does anyone know that difference?

edit:// By the way, my name is Erica, and I'm 17. Just in case anyone is wondering. I'm going to upload a picture for my avatar here in a bit.

• Future Disney Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeautyandtheBeast View Post
    I have a question though. I've read many different places that Disney College Program members can and cannot be characters.. I was just wondering if anyone has been a DCP member and been a character or if it's not possible. I still plan on working at WDW after college for a few years, but I'm also doing the DCP as much as possible. Any thoughts?
    In the Disney WORLD college program, you are eligible to be face and costumed characters.
    You can't be either at DisneyLAND's college program. I think it's because they only have two parks and Disney World has a lot more that they need to fill with characters. That's also generally why it's easier to get in there.

I've done the WDW College Program (Spring 2010) knew several who were friends with characters. Dont worry, I dont think it hurts your chances! Fingers Crossed!
    Last edited by MaryBrooke; 10-03-2010 at 08:07 PM.
    In dreams you will lose your heartache...<3

KEEP GOING TO AUDITIONS!!!!! If you get cut do not get discouraged... you never know what they are looking for, which often makes things very difficult. But you could be perfect for something they are looking for. Especially if they are getting ready to introduce a new character. Also, remember they watch you at ALL times.
    As for measuring they do measure shorter usually. Only about a half inch though.
    Good luck to all. Hope this helped

Quote Originally Posted by baileylovesdisney View Post
    In the Disney WORLD college program, you are eligible to be face and costumed characters.
    You can't be either at DisneyLAND's college program. I think it's because they only have two parks and Disney World has a lot more that they need to fill with characters. That's also generally why it's easier to get in there.
    I just filled out my app for the Disney college program at DisneyLAND and atmosphere characters was an option.

Yes, it's only in my dreams. But they say if you dream it more than once, it's sure to come true; and I've dreamed him many times. - Princess Aurora

Although, come to think of it, I've never though about it before...um...sewing shadows- Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by onceuponatime View Post
    KEEP GOING TO AUDITIONS!!!!! If you get cut do not get discouraged... you never know what they are looking for, which often makes things very difficult. But you could be perfect for something they are looking for. Especially if they are getting ready to introduce a new character. Also, remember they watch you at ALL times.
    As for measuring they do measure shorter usually. Only about a half inch though.
    Good luck to all. Hope this helped
    Thanks for the encouragement! I'd love to be friends with the new character they're introducing!! So that's why I'm going in September. I'm around 5'6 usually but my "disney height" is 5'5. So, I think they shave off a little bit. I'm trying to just stay positive and know that whatever is supposed to happen will! I just want this SO bad!
    Last edited by MaryBrooke; 10-03-2010 at 08:08 PM.
    In dreams you will lose your heartache...<3

Quote Originally Posted by tayyter View Post
    I just filled out my app for the Disney college program at DisneyLAND and atmosphere characters was an option.
    Oops! I meant just face. I don't think they have face at Disneyland for college programers.
    At least, that's what my friend said who applied and is now in the program.
    She works in attractions though, cause she missed the audition for characters. She was sick.

Oops! I meant just face. I don't think they have face at Disneyland for college programers.
    At least, that's what my friend said who applied and is now in the program.
    She works in attractions though, cause she missed the audition for characters. She was sick.
    Hahah that's so funny since those are the two things i applied for! but yes it was only for atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by tayyter View Post
    Hahah that's so funny since those are the two things i applied for! but yes it was only for atmosphere.
    Haha yeah that's probably what I'll do, too! It just seems like it would be fun to hang around one of the lands and run the rides. Besides, I'd rather not work with food, and if I didn't get a character, I'm not sure how well I would be able to pull off character handler or whatever they're called. Can't remember and too lazy to look it up!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryBrooke View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement! I'd love to be the new character they're introducing!! *cough cough Rapunzel* and so that's why I'm going in September. I'm around 5'6 usually but my "disney height" is 5'5. So, I think they shave off a little bit. I'm trying to just stay positive and know that whatever is supposed to happen will! I just want this SO bad!
    That's honestly the best thing to do!
    If you are going to a WDW audition I am pretty sure they are in need for girls at the moment. I hope your audition goes well!! Let me know if you need any more info about the audition!

Haha yeah that's probably what I'll do, too! It just seems like it would be fun to hang around one of the lands and run the rides. Besides, I'd rather not work with food, and if I didn't get a character, I'm not sure how well I would be able to pull off character handler or whatever they're called. Can't remember and too lazy to look it up!
    haha yeh for suree! If I got in attractions I really want to work Jungle Cruise or Story Book lol

• Future Princess

Awesome, thanks so much for that information! I just wish I was eligible for the CP already! I've been looking forward to this for so long..

MaryBrooke, your icon picture is gorgeous, I'm sure you'll get in the next time!

The determination that everyone has on this thread to become a face character is absolutely inspiring. I just know that everyone has a place in Disney here somewhere. I'm so looking forward to my chance to audition, the process seems like such a blast!

• Future Princess

Okay, I'm ready to ask this: I'm on the right in my icon, and I posted myself next to Belle because she's who I want to be the most. I wasn't wearing any makeup in this picture, but it was really sunny so I was squinting pretty bad (her wig seems to be like a mini-visor!)

So who do you think I might have a chance of booking, if anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by BeautyandtheBeast View Post
    Okay, I'm ready to ask this: I'm on the right in my icon, and I posted myself next to Belle because she's who I want to be the most. I wasn't wearing any makeup in this picture, but it was really sunny so I was squinting pretty bad (her wig seems to be like a mini-visor!)

So who do you think I might have a chance of booking, if anyone?
    You look great without makeup, by the way! Hmm yeah I'd say you have a pretty good chance of being cast as Belle actually. Maybe even Cinderella (if you was wearing her wig, I think you'd look like her a bit) so it's definitely a good idea to go to an audition. They might agree with me (or disagree) but it's still worth a try! Good luck.

Also, MaryBrooke, I think you'd be great as Rapunzel btw!