Page 283 of 509 FirstFirst ... 183233273280281282283284285286293333383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 7633

• I'm Wishing...

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Wait. LOL. Photobucket deleted everything of mine ever. Is that even OK? :P

---

Random Disney height side-note; I met someone a couple of days ago who previously worked in WDW for a couple summers. She told me that everyone had a 'Disney height' (did we talk about this beforreee?), which is actually different from your own, and usually much shorter. She is 5'6 naturally, but was measured as 5'4 1/2 at her audition and became friends with Ariel and Aurora (and later Cinderella)! Isn't that crazy? I would have thought your 'Disney height' would actually be taller, since they'd want to weed out height differences. But, isn't that cool? (:
    All it takes is a dream and a wish!

• Future Disney Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    Random Disney height side-note; I met someone a couple of days ago who previously worked in WDW for a couple summers. She told me that everyone had a 'Disney height' (did we talk about this beforreee?), which is actually different from your own, and usually much shorter. She is 5'6 naturally, but was measured as 5'4 1/2 at her audition and became friends with Ariel and Aurora (and later Cinderella)! Isn't that crazy? I would have thought your 'Disney height' would actually be taller, since they'd want to weed out height differences. But, isn't that cool? (:

Yeah, I know someone who is about 5'2-5'3ish and she was measured down to 5'0 so she could be friends with the mice and a couple face characters.

---

Wait is this the same for everyone? Or does it randomly happen? Because I'm around 5'8 or 5'9 so if my 'disney height' is shorter then I'm too short to be a Prince

I have a quick question if anyone could help. I am a guy and only 5'10", do you you think that there would be any way to get a face character role? I was hoping to audition in October. Thanks for the help!!

Quote Originally Posted by TMcDonald16 View Post
    I have a quick question if anyone could help. I am a guy and only 5'10", do you you think that there would be any way to get a face character role? I was hoping to audition in October. Thanks for the help!!
    Yeah, 5'10 is a good height for any of the Princes (Aladdin, Naveen, Eric, etc)

Good luck btw!
    Last edited by Bolty; 09-18-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks for the help!!

---

That's so true. I'm around 5'6 and they measured me at 5'5. I think if they really want you, it won't matter too much if you're off by an inch for their height requirements... Confidence is key! (At least that's what I'm trying to tell myself.) Thank you all for such amazing words of encouragement! Fingers crossed we'll all be working together someday!
    In dreams you will lose your heartache...<3

---

Wow. That puts me at 4' 11''. That is short!

Quote Originally Posted by AGirlWithDreams View Post
    Wow. That puts me at 4' 11''. That is short!
    Don't even worry about it! Some of my favorite characters are the shorties!! Fairies are small and adorable! Just go in there with a big smile and I'm sure you'll do great!

Is anyone else auditioning in the immediate future?? I have 11 days until mine and I'm so so nervous already!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryBrooke View Post
    Don't even worry about it! Some of my favorite characters are the shorties!! Fairies are small and adorable! Just go in there with a big smile and I'm sure you'll do great!

Is anyone else auditioning in the immediate future?? I have 11 days until mine and I'm so so nervous already!

Thanks! Yeah, I'm not worried about it. I've hear 4' 11'' is mouse height.

Good luck at your audition!

• tinkerbell!

Hannahbell...thank you so much for that height info!!!

Also, if anyone is worried about freckles, (I know I was at first) it's ok! I saw a picture of a Cinderella, and she had freckles but they were all covered with foundation. (The picture was a really close up of just her face, so I could see them...)
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

• My turn

2 1/2 inches is a real stretch (I'm not saying this as denotation). They do measure you without shoes, but even that wouldn't shave off two inches.

It's comforting to know, but I'm going to have to say there is no set amount for how much shorter (or not) your Disney height is. When I got measured my "Disney height" was not too far off from how tall I actually am. (In fact another time it was right on the dot.). Basically, you'll only know your "Disney height" from being measured at the auditions and not before.

Besides, it matters most when you're borderline a character range and if they really like you enough to think you'd fit anyway.

The few times I've been measured, it's always been 5'4" and 1/4. I swear that 1/4 is what does it. Another friend went to an audition that began with measuring, had great energy, and it was obvious they would have liked to send her to the next round, but she just wasn't tall enough. The measurer was whispering "Stretch, stretch!" but she couldn't make herself hit 5'5", so he had to let her go. It all just really depends on the person.

Random thought...Why in the world isn't Charlotte from Princess and the Frog a face character?? She's got to be one of my favs! So much personality!

• Future Disney Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaryBrooke View Post
    Random thought...Why in the world isn't Charlotte from Princess and the Frog a face character?? She's got to be one of my favs! So much personality!
    I have no idea?! She was my favorite part of that whole movie! If she was a face character, she'd be the most hilarious of them all! Disney should definitely get on that...

"The second star to the right, shines in the night for you. To tell you that the dreams you plan really can com true"