Page 291 of 526 FirstFirst ... 191241266281288289290291292293294301316341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 7883

• Cherry Tart

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by BeautyandtheBeast View Post
    -sigh- Maybe it's for the best that the chances are small so that the students can experience more real life things?
    Actually it's more of the fact that they need to fill roles elswhere. Most CP cast members go to attractions, foods, etc because those departments are much bigger. The demand for characters isn't as high.

Even if you get into the Entertainment department, you still need to LOOK like the character and pass the audition. Enrolling in college program doesn't change your chances much.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Actually it's more of the fact that they need to fill roles elswhere. Most CP cast members go to attractions, foods, etc because those departments are much bigger. The demand for characters isn't as high.

Even if you get into the Entertainment department, you still need to LOOK like the character and pass the audition. Enrolling in college program doesn't change your chances much.
    sooooo what about the chances for people trying to do full time? cuz i've already done the cp.. any ideas? hah

"I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it."
    -Walt Disney-

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

I don't even think the Disneyland Resort Entertainment Department takes CP any longer...

Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDa View Post
    sooooo what about the chances for people trying to do full time? cuz i've already done the cp.. any ideas? hah
    Get a job there for about a year, and you'll be considered for full time... It's darn near impossible to get FT in parades, Characters it just depends on the heights. Entertainment takes a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post

Get a job there for about a year, and you'll be considered for full time... It's darn near impossible to get FT in parades, Characters it just depends on the heights. Entertainment takes a while.
    even though the disney audition i'm auditioning for says.. "cp and full time roles"?

"I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it."
    -Walt Disney-

remove the sticks.
    Last edited by LaDiDa; 10-03-2010 at 02:23 PM.

-Walt Disney-

even though the disney audition i'm auditioning for says.. "cp and full time roles"?
    Is this for the Disneyland, or Walt Disney World Resort? I would need to see the link...

In the Collage Program you'll be working 40hrs a week and something like 3yrs seniority will be added to your profile right away; though you wont be getting the full benefits of a full-time cast member (as I understand it).

If you're applying for a salary job, then yes. However, apart from that, they don't hire full-time cast members right of the bat (there's always exceptions, but most for people who've already worked for the company) at the Disneyland Resort... There are just way too many people already in Entertainment who are waiting to get full-time.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    Is this for the Disneyland, or Walt Disney World Resort? I would need to see the link...

In the Collage Program you'll be working 40hrs a week and something like 3yrs seniority will be added to your profile right away; though you wont be getting the full benefits of a full-time cast member (as I understand it).

If you're applying for a salary job, then yes. However, apart from that, they don't hire full-time cast members right of the bat (there's always exceptions, but most for people who've already worked for the company) at the Disneyland Resort... There are just way too many people already in Entertainment who are waiting to get full-time.
    Disney Auditions - Audition Calendar
    the slc oct 15th one

-Walt Disney-

• Cherry Tart

ok.. so this is snow white..
    and this is snow's friend.. how big do you think her and her friend are?
    I honestly don't mean to be rude, but that's not really your business. And you shouldn't be posting photos of CMs out of costume (even if they don't work for the company anymore).
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 10-04-2010 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Removed links in the quote which linked to the inappropriate photos in question.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

I honestly don't mean to be rude, but that's not really your business. And you shouldn't be posting photos of CMs out of costume (even if they don't work for the company anymore).
    Here here! If anyone on here is interested in working for the resort (especially in the Entertainment department) the first thing they should be worrying about is remembering to value the magic. And no one at the resort, in any position, is there to have their weight/size critiqued and estimated online.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• A Weather Eye Open

That's for WDW... totally different ball game. They do things very differently there, I'm told. It may very well be for Full-Time right away, as what else would justify a move from Utah to Orlando? 20 hrs a week wouldn't cut it. Obviously I don't know for sure because I've never even been to WDW, but everything I've heard from DLR folks says that the two resorts are run completely differently.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

A. Very inappropriate to post a picture of someone out of costume and kinda stalker-esque

B. If you read the audition website you'll notice that it says it's for Walt Disney World and located in Utah. They don't have any upcoming auditions right now for Face Characters in California.

Yes, as I mentioned, this is for the Walt Disney World Resort. There aren't any CP cast members in the Entertainment (characters/parade performers/shows) Department at the Disneyland Resort.

There are a lot of similarities between us, however the Walt Disney World Resort does things a little differently then the Disneyland Resort does. They're looking for people to move over there, that's why they're offering full time.

FIRST off i never said who she was or anything. Second she no longer works for disney. THIRD i never said she was the same person i said they were friends and FOURTH she's one of my really really good friends and i can do.. well whatever i want. that would be her and my boyfriend in the picture. obviously disney sizes go beyond a 10 so they can make exceptions. which was the point i was making when everyone keeps saying they only go to a size 10. its not true. you guys are really uptight and really need to relax. if anyones "ruined the magic" its you guys for pointing out that it is the same person. which again.. i never did.
    and lastly i have been talking about wdw the whole time.. since thats where i'm wanting to go audition.

-Walt Disney-

• Cherry Tart

FIRST off i never said who she was or anything. Second she no longer works for disney. THIRD i never said she was the same person i said they were friends and FOURTH she's one of my really really good friends and i can do.. well whatever i want. that would be her and my boyfriend in the picture. obviously disney sizes go beyond a 10 so they can make exceptions. which was the point i was making when everyone keeps saying they only go to a size 10. its not true. you guys are really uptight and really need to relax. if anyones "ruined the magic" its you guys for pointing out that it is the same person. which again.. i never did.
    and lastly i have been talking about wdw the whole time.. since thats where i'm wanting to go audition.
    In a thread like this people are well aware that saying "Snow White's friend" means "she plays Snow White." Trying to get out of it with an excuse of "that's not what I said" is not gonna fly. Don't forget, casting directors read these boards. If you wanna disrespect the magic by posting photos of an ex-cast member, then that's your gamble. You can try and place the blame on us, but in the end you're the one who posted the photos and that's what management will see.

right.. do you realize that this whole thread is talking about what it takes to become a disney character... saying things like.. i want to audition for belle or i want to be alice isn't any better than what i said. literally the whole thread. if someone finds this thread its not going to be my single post that ruins it. but oh goodness i'm SO sorry i must've ruined the magic for you. i apologize.

-Walt Disney-