Page 311 of 509 FirstFirst ... 211261301308309310311312313314321361411 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 7632

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

My audition was very similar except we were measured after the first cut. Princesses range from 5'4 to 5'7, although the will "adjust" your height as they see fit. Also, my advice would be to wear makeup. Not heavy, but enough to enhance your features. Foundation, blush, mascara, and neutral eye shadows would be acceptable. And be confident! Even if you aren't the greatest dancer PRETEND you are. The acting involved telling the story of the role you were 'selected' for after the first cut. It is fairly simple and they give you some time to prepare so don't be nervous.

Hi everyone
    Thanks for all your tips and advice and inside information! I'm planning on auditioning in Orlando on the 6th & 7th, for Parade Performers/Character Look-a-Likes, and then a vocalist for Belle. Might be out of my league, but I figure I'll try!
    I've been typing lots of questions into google and trying to find as much info as possible to be prepared, and so many times this thread has come up with answers. Therefore, I've read lots of random pages, and then the most recent ones, so I apologize if I repeat other people!

I'm 19 years old, not currently in school. I just spent the year travelling, performing, and volunteering. And now would be a great time for me to earn some money, gain performing experience, and have fun. I'm very very skinny.. only weighing about 105 lbs, at a height of about 5'6". I'm worried I'll be too small for any of the costumes.. does anyone know actual info about that? I've read lots of different potential sizes.

Also, has anyone actually auditioned for a singing part at disney? I've read lots about the Character Performer auditions, but nothing really about the singing. Any help there would be greatly appreciated!

Is anyone else planning to go to Florida that week? Best of luck to everyone auditioning anywheree! It's very nerve-wracking just thinking about it, I'm sure we've all be dreaming of this for a long time!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by amybirdd View Post
    Hi everyone
    I'm 19 years old, not currently in school. I just spent the year travelling, performing, and volunteering. And now would be a great time for me to earn some money, gain performing experience, and have fun. I'm very very skinny.. only weighing about 105 lbs, at a height of about 5'6". I'm worried I'll be too small for any of the costumes.. does anyone know actual info about that? I've read lots of different potential sizes.

Also, has anyone actually auditioned for a singing part at disney? I've read lots about the Character Performer auditions, but nothing really about the singing. Any help there would be greatly appreciated!
    I'm sure you'll be fine! Their sizes are actually smaller than normal sizes. A size 4 is smaller than a normal 4, etc, from my experience at the Disneyland auditions.

Regarding the singing auditions, I went with my friend to the Aladdin Musical Spectacular auditions. There were about 200 people there for a girl part, and she had to sing 16 bars from anything that had vocal range. If you made it, they give you a slip of paper right away for callbacks, and if you didn't make it you walk away without a slip of paper. You pretty much have to have a resume, headshot, and sheet music for the piano accompaniment. It was recommended not to sing acapella. I hope that helps?

She didn't make it past the first cut, so I don't know of anything more after that.

• Future Princess

Merry belated Christmas to you all!

I'm having so much fun reading about how excited you all are to audition. I'm just a year away.. I can't wait to hear how your auditions go!

And I agree with what everyone has been saying about the makeup - the princesses usually don't wear that much outside of whatever eyeshadow they're assigned, so they want to see your natural beauty to make sure you're just the right girl for the part.

About the sizes, what the largest one? Ive heard alot about how a size 4 ect.. in real life is totally different Disney-wise. So since I'm more of a 6...would I still stand a chance in that regard?

• i pull weird faces : )

agreed beauty and the beast! i hope everyone does really well

+ woopitsjulia, i'm not certain, so don't quote me, but i'm pretty sure disney people except sizes up to 10 or 12 so you should be fine, but as i said i might be wrong.
    Next trip: Disneyland paris - 4th March ( which i won a competition for aha!) <3.

-come a little closer,
    come a little closer,
    turn another page in the story of what's waiting for you <3

Does anyone know how tall Rapunzel is?

• Future Face

5'4"-5'7" - from the audition website. (:

Hey everybody! Merry Belated Christmas! I'm also planning to jump the bullet and attend the auditions on January 8th, and thankfully found this thread here! I also noticed there weren't many guys auditioning, but I just have to say, even though it must've been repeated, thank you for being extremely helpful!

In my head, there are many factors against me. (For once location isn't a problem, because I do live under an hours drive from Disneyland :P.) However, I am not very tall for an 18 year old guy, only topping off at 5'4" and I'm of Chinese descent. Luckily I have brown eyes and dark brown hair. I have been told I look younger than usual and that I am extra energetic and upbeat, so hopefully that will come in handy. I don't have much of a clue on what I could possibly fit, but hopefully there'll be something. I think my situation is slightly difficult, and was wondering what you all think? :]

Thanks for listening too! :]

• Future Princess

I'm not sure what character you would fit, I'm not familiar with the characters offered for gentlemen such as yourself, but this is straight from the auditions site:

"Males: 5'2" - 5'6" with youthful charm and looks 5'6" - 6'1", acting experience a plus"

So they're looking for guys of your height to cast! Plus they're specifically asking for the youthful charm and looks you mentioned, so I think you've got a pretty good chance of getting cast for something!

edit://

Here's the list of the movies from which they're selecting characters from too (I'm not sure if you've read it or not, but looking into the characters from each movie might help narrow it down!)

"Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Mary Poppins, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Tangled, Tinker Bell, and The Little Mermaid"

edit #2

Oh my goodness. Anyone who has looked into the WDW auditions.. have they bumped up the height of the princesses an inch? I've been freaking out for a while because I was recently measured at about 5'8" and was afraid that would be a big factor in getting cast, since they topped out at 5'7". But I just looked at a recent audition posting and it said that it's 5'8" now! Please tell me I'm not crazy for noticing the change?
    Last edited by BeautyandtheBeast; 12-27-2010 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeautyandtheBeast View Post
    I'm not sure what character you would fit, I'm not familiar with the characters offered for gentlemen such as yourself, but this is straight from the auditions site:

"Males: 5'2" - 5'6" with youthful charm and looks 5'6" - 6'1", acting experience a plus"

So they're looking for guys of your height to cast! Plus they're specifically asking for the youthful charm and looks you mentioned, so I think you've got a pretty good chance of getting cast for something!

edit://

Here's the list of the movies from which they're selecting characters from too (I'm not sure if you've read it or not, but looking into the characters from each movie might help narrow it down!)

"Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Mary Poppins, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Tangled, Tinker Bell, and The Little Mermaid"

edit #2

Oh my goodness. Anyone who has looked into the WDW auditions.. have they bumped up the height of the princesses an inch? I've been freaking out for a while because I was recently measured at about 5'8" and was afraid that would be a big factor in getting cast, since they topped out at 5'7". But I just looked at a recent audition posting and it said that it's 5'8" now! Please tell me I'm not crazy for noticing the change?
    Yay! There is a glimmer of hope. Thanks for the quick response! I'll definitely look into the characters. Maybe they're bringing Sparrowmen to Pixie Hollow :P!

And no, I don't think you're crazy for noticing the change, I tend to notice the tiniest things as well! ^_^

Thanks again!
    - Jonathan! :]

Quote Originally Posted by jonathankwok View Post
    Hey everybody! Merry Belated Christmas! I'm also planning to jump the bullet and attend the auditions on January 8th, and thankfully found this thread here! I also noticed there weren't many guys auditioning, but I just have to say, even though it must've been repeated, thank you for being extremely helpful!

In my head, there are many factors against me. (For once location isn't a problem, because I do live under an hours drive from Disneyland :P.) However, I am not very tall for an 18 year old guy, only topping off at 5'4" and I'm of Chinese descent. Luckily I have brown eyes and dark brown hair. I have been told I look younger than usual and that I am extra energetic and upbeat, so hopefully that will come in handy. I don't have much of a clue on what I could possibly fit, but hopefully there'll be something. I think my situation is slightly difficult, and was wondering what you all think? :]

The only male characters I know in that height range are either Terence or Peter Pan. Sadly, neither character is of Chinese descent. Disney is really lacking any male characters of different ethnicities that are used in the park.

• Future Face

Quote Originally Posted by jonathankwok View Post

I think Terence and Peter are your only options for that height range. Since Terence has light features I'm not so sure but I've heard that they'll make exceptions if they really like you or if you have awesome acting/dancing ability. From the images I've seen the cartoon Peter actually does have brown eyes and I think in the parks I've seen both brown and blue. As long as you aren't super tan or anything like that you may have a shot there. Don't take our opinions too seriously at all though, because no one on here knows what the people casting you will be looking for. Remember too that some people have better luck with one set of judges versus another so if you don't make it this time don't give up.

If you're a good dancer you could always go for parades as opposed to characters. Just a thought. Best of luck in your audition! (:

Smile Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Thanks for all the responses!

I definitely agree that Disney is lacking in male character of ethnicities! Hopefully they'll introduce some in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post
    Remember too that some people have better luck with one set of judges versus another so if you don't make it this time don't give up.
    Thank you! Any advice is helpful :]. I'll definitely still go see how everything is, be it gone in two minutes or more. Thank you again!
    - Jonathan! :]

Last edited by sg0714; 06-03-2011 at 01:32 PM.