Page 313 of 540 FirstFirst ... 213263288303310311312313314315316323338363413 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 8087

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

I'm auditioning on the 8th! I currently work for entertainment as photopass, so at least I don't think I need the transfer application. I am so excited! Even if I don't have the face for it, it would still be fun! I'm not sure what to do for my resume though, I got my headshot taken, but I don't know if I should print out a resume with all my jobs or my acting experience or what, any ideas?

Slightly Upset, Cause I just realized Disneyland in CA has auditions on the 8th of Jan. And they are actually looking for all the roles that fit my profile. However, I am currently in England...(don't live here) but never the less I wont be able to audition there. And there are no other Disneyland auditions listed. So...sigh.. I suppose at least I will be able to audition for WDW. Oh btw I was wondering what everyone auditioning was doing for housing if the get a job. Im trying to look for housing close because i don't live in Orlando and I'm a college student who doesn't have a car. again...sigh

For anybody auditioning or anyone with suggestions... what do you plan on wearing to the audition? I know it says to dress comfortably and dance or tennis shoes but should we wear sweats or dress nicer? I am completely lost on what to wear

wow many posts over the past few days! lol but to answer princessjasmine's question, what I wear is shorts, a plain tee, tights and either character shoesor jazz shoes. but im sure if you dont have these two shoes just something easy to dance in would probably work.
    Even miricales take a little time- Cinderella

What do you do when things go wrong? Oh! You sing a song- Snow White

Yes, it's only in my dreams. But they say if you dream it more than once, it's sure to come true; and I've dreamed him many times. - Princess Aurora

It would be so nice if something made sense for a change - Alice

Although, come to think of it, I've never though about it before...um...sewing shadows- Wendy

One week till! Best wishes to everybody, let's toast for a new year and an exciting experience to come .

@Actor9219: Awww, hopefully in the future something opens up and an opportunity will bring you over (or for Disneyland Paris?)! Keep the faith!

Does anybody know what time does everybody tend to arrive? I know the auditions start at 9.

Happy New Years! :]
    - Jonathan! :]

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessJasmine View Post
    For anybody auditioning or anyone with suggestions... what do you plan on wearing to the audition? I know it says to dress comfortably and dance or tennis shoes but should we wear sweats or dress nicer? I am completely lost on what to wear
    To answer the question about the resume and headshot, I suggest not worrying about putting it together. it's not absolutely necessary. but if you happen to have one or have time for one then it shouldn't hurt.

And about the attire, I went in some leggings and some tennis shoes. I've noticed others wearing sundresses and jeans and yoga pants. its a variety. you can bring dance shoes. Like jazz or ballroom.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathankwok View Post
    Does anybody know what time does everybody tend to arrive? I know the auditions start at 9.

Happy New Years! :]
    People still trickle in even an hour after the start time. everyone tends to arrive at least an hour before, sometimes even earlier.
    Last edited by totallynot05; 07-16-2012 at 10:32 AM.

thanks for the advice guys that helped a lot! I will probably bring both character and jazz shoes just to be on the safe side

• Future Princess

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessJasmine View Post
    I've talked to a couple people who have worn yoga pants and a tank top workout shirt. The girls I know usually have worn jazz shoes, tennis shoes are kind of heavy to dance in.

Question though - are these the character shoes people are talking about as far as style goes?

If so, would shoes similar to this but with a strap up the middle work as well if I chose to audition with shoes like this? I've got a pair of shoes from show choir that I would consider wearing when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by BeautyandtheBeast View Post

Question though - are these the character shoes people are talking about as far as style goes?

If so, would shoes similar to this but with a strap up the middle work as well if I chose to audition with shoes like this? I've got a pair of shoes from show choir that I would consider wearing when the time comes.
    Yes those are character shoes and I'm sure if they are similar style, not too high, then they should be fine if they are easy to dance in

• Closed Account

One thing I want to mention though, since we are talking about dance shoes, is to think more about improv and acting than dance. Because the first day of Disney auditions I went to at the park, had absolutely no dancing. And, I would also recommend bringing a book, or some homework, because there's going to be a lot of sitting and waiting involved.

• Future Princess

Quote Originally Posted by totallynot05 View Post
    One thing I want to mention though, since we are talking about dance shoes, is to think more about improv and acting than dance. Because the first day of Disney auditions I went to at the park, had absolutely no dancing. And, I would also recommend bringing a book, or some homework, because there's going to be a lot of sitting and waiting involved.
    Ahh, good call. I didn't even think of that!

Hey everyone! I'm new to MiceChat! I have read this ENTIRE thread. It took me about a week haha. I would like to audition one day. Hopefully, in about 2 years. I would love to be a face character! I'm only 5'0, so my only choices are Tink, Alice, and Wendy. I love them though, so that's ok. I want to audition at WDW when its time for me to go to college. I would love to go to school down there while working full time at WDW. If I couldn't get a face character, I would be perfectly happy with a fuzzie, I'm Mickey and Minnie's height! Btw, Good luck to all of you auditioning soon!

• Future Princess

Quote Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm new to MiceChat! I have read this ENTIRE thread. It took me about a week haha. I would like to audition one day. Hopefully, in about 2 years. I would love to be a face character! I'm only 5'0, so my only choices are Tink, Alice, and Wendy. I love them though, so that's ok. I want to audition at WDW when its time for me to go to college. I would love to go to school down there while working full time at WDW. If I couldn't get a face character, I would be perfectly happy with a fuzzie, I'm Mickey and Minnie's height! Btw, Good luck to all of you auditioning soon!
    Welcome to MiceChat! I'm envious of you reading the whole thing, cause I tried to and I just couldn't. When I first starting posting on this thread, it was at like 280 pages and I couldn't then.

If you're still 2 years away from an audition, you still have a chance to grow an inch or two and be in the rest of the fairy range too! I wish I could go to college down there and work at WDW too, and it might happen after I do my College Program, but I don't think that I'll be able to do anything full-time till after college.

• Pegasus' most hyper fan

Good luck to everyone this weekend : ) I've been waiting for over a year to go, but I have bad timing. I'm flying out on the 8th to visit a friend in Seattle. Oh well. C'est la vie.
    "Well, let's see here.. we'll take, hmm,yes, a little cirrus, and, hmm, a touch of nimbostratus, and a dash of cumulus" --Zeus

well different people play those people. like in the parade its a parade performer not always the guy you see in the costume for meet n greet's. in fantasmic its for sure a differnt person. for instance peter pan on the ship i dont think they would have the face character learn all of that. but there about 3 differnt people playing each character at disneyland. they are having auditions next weekend if you want to go try.here is the link Disney Auditions - Audition Calendar the date auditions are held are jan-3-2011 (kinda weird saying 2011)