Page 315 of 541 FirstFirst ... 215265290305312313314315316317318325340365415 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 8103

Talking Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Thanks for the reply! Jeesh, now I know where to come when I need my Disney World fix. This place is like a virtual WDW!

As for auditioning, I may just go for it. However, at the same time, I'm only 18 and I'm going into my second semester in college so I may hold off until I invest some time and research into the college program. That way I'll have a place to stay and live in case I wanted to audition for a face role.

Here's a little dub I did of A Whole New World in case anyone wants to check it out! I have a cold so I'm off in one or two spots but I think I did pretty okay with it!

If there are any Princess Jasmines on here that want to fill the lonely void in the duet let me know!!!
    Last edited by Aladdin6592; 01-07-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Re: Age Limit for Character Look-Alikes Audition

Well thank you! I wished I lived in Florida, you only have to be 16 to audition for Walt Disney World.

• Future Princess

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin6592 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Jeesh, now I know where to come when I need my Disney World fix. This place is like a virtual WDW!

As for auditioning, I may just go for it. However, at the same time, I'm only 18 and I'm going into my second semester in college so I may hold off until I invest some time and research into the college program. That way I'll have a place to stay and live in case I wanted to audition for a face role.
    It's probably a good idea to hold off on auditioning if you're going into your 2nd semester. They'll probably ask you to start working while you're still in school, and education hopefully would come first.

As for the CP, I've looked into it too (I'm planning on doing in in 2 years as a sophomore in college) and from what I've read, they mostly cast fuzzies for kids on the CP. If you're into that, go for it! But I just thought I'd let you know just in case.

In terms of the college program, when I auditioned, I was almost done with school and knew I was taking a year off in between undergrad and law school, but I was soooo nervous. It might be worth auditioning just to get a feel for what goes on at the auditions. I don't know why I was so nervous, because I'm pretty confident in my dancing, but once I got in there I was fine. However, in the few hours before it started, I was a mess.

At my audition, three girls were called back in for face characters. While CPers usually do only fuzzies, there is a tiny chance that they can be face characters, or go into parades later on. I read one girl's account (don't remember if it was on here or another site) where she checked in on the first day of her CP and they immediately pulled her out of her CP role to do face characters. Very rare, but it happens.

In short, I would audition as much as possible, but if you can't commit at the time, just let them know you are there for the experience. The more they see you, the more likely your chances of being picked come. One person who is "friends with Woody" told me and my friends that they look for consistency, so the more practice you get auditioning, the better you will become.
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

I've heard that as well but aren't you allowed to just audition while you're there? Or is that not allowed?

Further, isn't there kind of a hierarchy of sorts at Disney? Maybe if you do your job well as a fuzzie you get promoted (given that you have that Disney look to you)?

Who knows? It's my dream to play a character there. My mom was actually asked to audition for a show role as a princess as she was a fantastic actress and singer. I still question her as to why she didn't accept. Unfortunately/fortunately my brothers and sisters and myself were the reasons as she wanted a family more than she wanted to work at Disney.

I want my sisters to audition with me as I'm actually nearly 100 percent sure they would score a role...

Sister #1

Sister#2

I've always said they could play Cinderella and Snow White/Belle respectively.

It's definitely 18. I was actually 18 AND a graduating senior and got cut because of the "graduating senior" part. Basically, they'll cut you if you can't work during the week during school hours.

Quote Originally Posted by kdish View Post
    It's definitely 18. I was actually 18 AND a graduating senior and got cut because of the "graduating senior" part. Basically, they'll cut you if you can't work during the week during school hours.
    Was this for regular auditions or college program? If it was the CP, you have to already attended at least one semester of college before doing the program, I believe.

And to answer one of your questions, Aladdin, normally someone doing the CP can't switch roles until after the CP ends (unless an injury occurs or you get really lucky).
    "Look there she goes, that girl is so peculiar...with a dreamy, far-off look, and her nose stuck in a book..." Yep, that would be me!

I tend to post in a thread and forget to check it ever again, or even worse, I kill it. Yay me.

Well that is certainly unfortunate...are most FCs college graduates already? I mean I'm from Boston so I can't just pick up and move to Florida hahaha

Hmm, some of them may be, but I really don't know. I've seen a lot of the same girls as princesses/Alice, etc., so it may be that this is their only job, or they are working around classes/other jobs. For a majority of meet and greet FC, they only work during the day. At Disneyland, the princesses are doing meet and greets from an hour after park opening to maybe 4 hours before the park closes (and probably have different hours for character meals as well), so who really knows? For people doing the CP, they get guaranteed more hours, as, for the most part, there is a hierarchy of sorts where seniority is taken into account (I think it's the same in entertainment). A new, non CP FC usually won't get as many hours as one who has been there for longer. A person who has flexible availability is going to be a better candidate than someone who doesn't have great availability.

That's why I don't get the whole not being allowed to audition for a FC as a student in the CP. They have the greatest availability of anyone as the kids there for the CP are on WDW grounds almost 24/7. While I understand the point of the CP is to give you experience in the field your studying at college, it also wouldn't hurt to utilize said availability when needed, especially when a lot of the kids would gladly undertake a role of an FC.

Maybe I'll just aim to get an internship through the CP and audition just before summer began and live down there for the summer until my internship started. Of course, I have to get the internship before I do anything like that but it's worth thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by kdish View Post
    Really? So basically they don't take you if you only want to work Seasonal, or even Part Time? That's tough, cuz I'm reeeeally interested in doing it, but not as like a fulltime career.

Seasonal is a possibility. I thought I read somewhere that the contract initially starts as a 6 month contract and then you negotiate it to even gain more or less time. You might be able to extend it to 9 months or maybe cut it back to 4 or 5 but the whole thing is that you need to available pretty much every single day of the amount of months you're assigned. That's why auditioning at 16 is pretty much useless unless you live right near a Disney park and are home schooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin6592 View Post
    That's why I don't get the whole not being allowed to audition for a FC as a student in the CP. They have the greatest availability of anyone as the kids there for the CP are on WDW grounds almost 24/7. While I understand the point of the CP is to give you experience in the field your studying at college, it also wouldn't hurt to utilize said availability when needed, especially when a lot of the kids would gladly undertake a role of an FC.
    Actually, the CP is not designed to provide experience in one's field, but is more of something to put on your resume. Only a few roles have much to do with someone's actual degree - it's more generalized experience that one receives. I have a degree in history, but my role was Vacation Planner - selling tickets and annual passes. They would have gotten more use out of me if they had put me dancing in parades (which is never a role offered, darn it) or in costuming, but cie la vie, I'd rather take a sales role than none at all.

It also takes time and money to train someone who is probably going to leave after their program is done, and FC require more "putting together" than fuzzies (in terms of hair, makeup, etc.), so perhaps that is why CP'rs aren't normally picked. That's my only guess on why it is the way it is...

Hmph, seems silly to me. Oh well. Maybe I will move down there for the summer if I get chosen for the CP. Here's hoping

• Future Princess/Fairy FC

Atlantica w/ a vaycay home in PixieHollow

Uhg, havn't posted in like 2 weeks cuz my laptop was broken -.- anyways...

So auditions are tomorrow and sadly, due to costs and the way my schooling is turning out, I probably wont be able to audition until later this year (if they even have auditions, seeing as how DLR rarely has auditions.) Breaks my heart, but I really don't want to go down there until I am completely ready (schooling, finances, etc.) because I wud hate it if I made it as a FC role and then had to drop the job a few months later cuz I cudn't keep up with bills, So Cal living expenses, and school (im still in community college, 3rd semester).

But, Good Luck to all of you auditioning tomorrow. My gut tells me that it's going to be HUGE (prob hundreds and hundreds of people). Here are two main tips that I want top remind everyone of, even tho we have all heard this time and time again (and know that these are spot on because I have a few friends in entertainment in DLR who say the same thing)

1. SMILE. Exude the presence of an overall disney character. Disney princesses (and princes) have bright eyes that almost sparkle and smiles. Practice beforehand, facial expressions, if you must. No one will notice if you have a small mess up during audition if ur just all smiles and having a blast.

2. For ladies, grace and poise. There's a big reason why they often choose dancers for these roles. Arms (check out the princess's hands and arm movements in the pff youtube videos. Those are tell tail signs of dance experience) and as well upper body presence sell it. Guys often have this area easier tho (meet and greet wise) because casting pretty much just goes off of looking the part combined with acting skills (having the poise of a dancer is a plus in the guy's area, but not always required).

I hope these reminders helped. I don't want to make it seem like dance is required, but it's kind of a defining factor (especially when casting the female roles). Because, in correlation with a good dancer, comes that type of body language and poise casting wants.

Break a leg everyone! I know you're going to do awesome and have a blast! Let us know how it all goes!
    Last edited by WishesUponStars; 01-07-2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: grammatical error

"Oh, I wish I could be part of that world..."