Page 316 of 540 FirstFirst ... 216266291306313314315316317318319326341366416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 8087

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

So I've been a "lurker" forever, and I've been slightly addicted to this thread! Anyways, I'm planning on auditioning tomorrow. Like everyone else on here, it's a dream! Right now it's more so of a New Years Resolution- I've always been too nervous to really even consider auditioning, but I've come to the conclusion that sometimes you just have to do the things that scare you!

At the end of the day, I'm too tall to be a princess (5'9") I also recognized on the website that they only asked for girls up to 5'7" for this audition? Would it be stupid to even try? I mean, I think I'm going to just go regardless, the worst they can say is "Go home, you're too tall!" lol

Yeah, I mean no offense but you're a bit too tall. Go try though! You might get lucky!

• Future Princess

I would definitely go and try. You never know, if you're just the right girl, they might make an exception. Plus, if you're even more lucky, they'll measure you shorter since they're measuring isn't always spot on.

God I really wish I could play Aladdin. I'm the perfect height and build it's just all about who they see me as which sucks. But who knows I could get lucky.

Also does anyone know if you're allowed to ask to be another FC as well if you get cast as someone else. Obviously not immediately, but if you do your job well for a while as a certain character is there a possibility of requesting to be someone else as well?

Good luck to those auditioning tomorrow. Some helpful hints for you...
    1. Be personable the WHOLE audition! You don't know who is watching you and that is what they are essentially hiring you to do, to talk to people all day that you have never met before.
    2. SMILE! It's probably of the most important thing to know. Again.. they are hiring you to smile all day long...even when you don't want too!
    3. Girls... wear makeup!!! If they go to wig you and you already have basic makeup on you won't wash out. And sometimes you don't get the option of physically putting on the wig, as it can be done virtually, and imagine a FC without makeup in a wig... Just don't go overboard. *Also, don't wear colored contacts. They will supply you with them if you are hired.
    4. Don't be afraid of the casting directors! Smile at them and be friendly if they ask you questions.
    5. As far as what you will do.. it seems it varies at each audition. Be prepared for anything.
    6. Have fun!!!! You are auditioning for one of the best jobs in the world and one of the hardest! It truly is a fun day at the audition!
    Have a great time tomorrow everyone!!!! Best of luck

Hi everybody I really need some advice. As Im sure most of you know, DLR auditions are tomorrow and i thought i knew what to wear but suddenly changed my mind.
    I have two options: both are long shirt/dresses that I am going to wear with black tights and black shorts. One is a plain simple color and the second is floral. Normally I would pick the simple one because the color is very flattering on me but the style is nowhere near as flattering as the other one. Is it better to go with flattering color or flattering style??
    or should I just chop both of those ideas and do a simple t-shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessJasmine View Post
    Hi everybody I really need some advice. As Im sure most of you know, DLR auditions are tomorrow and i thought i knew what to wear but suddenly changed my mind.
    I have two options: both are long shirt/dresses that I am going to wear with black tights and black shorts. One is a plain simple color and the second is floral. Normally I would pick the simple one because the color is very flattering on me but the style is nowhere near as flattering as the other one. Is it better to go with flattering color or flattering style??
    or should I just chop both of those ideas and do a simple t-shirt?
    If I had to choose, I'd go with the one that complements you best. I'm pretty sure either would look good on you though. :] Also add in which one is more comfortable.

Best wishes to everybody! Maybe I'll see some of us there tomorrow morning!
    - Jonathan! :]

Good luck tomorrow to everyone auditioning!

I also have been stalking this forum for a while, and plan to audition for funsies tomorrow!

Princess Jasmine- In terms of a top, wear something fitting, so they can see the lines of your body better.

Good luck to everyone auditioning tomorrow!! I'm sure you'll all do fantastic

Good luck ya'll!

Good luck to everyone who is auditoning! Wish i could be there!! Tell everything that happens for future auditioners
    "Disneyland is a show."
    -Walt Disney

• Disney<3

Hey everyone! good luck to all those who are auditioning!!! I spoke with a person, who was a friend of tweedle dee/dum, about what happens if you do get hired (how well it pays, how many hours you put in, etc) If any of you are looking for this disney face character role as your primary job I would definately consider getting another job for finacial reasons. If you get the job (fingers crossed ) then I would recomend keeping or applying for another job as well. The reason for this is (sorry if you already know) if you get the disney job, its very rare that you would get enough hours in to finacially support yourself because the hours assigned are still based on seniority. Of course if you already are finacially supported then this wouldn't really apply, but for those of you who are looking at this as a legitimate job remember that it will take a while for you to be choosen for good hours. Luckly, this job is extremely rewarding on its own because you get to make the day of little kids and their families Once again GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! I hope that you are all fantasic at your audtition

So my parents told me today that they're willing to send me down to WDW to audition for the summer in May of next year as long as I maintain a 3.0 GPA for my next 3 semesters!!!! However, it's a complete gamble as if I don't make it through the audition I'm basically out of luck and out of a job with nowhere to go in Florida. Suggestions?

Also, I have a small scar on my right cheek. It's nothing out of control. It's maybe the size of a dime....I'll just post a picture...

Is that something that can be fixed with makeup or will that blow the entire audition? I even have aladdin's hair without the wig even though I'm way fair skinned :P
    Last edited by Aladdin6592; 01-07-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Hi everyone! I have been spending the past few months reading over all of the posts (and yes, it took me forever! but it did answer a lot of my questions). I plan on doing the WDWCP next school semester, hopefully as a double major in costuming and entertainment.
    Aladdin-Your vocals sounded great in the clip but I just wanted to forewarn you that even as a FC, you would not be allowed to sing unless a child specifically asks you to sing a particular song. Otherwise, only certain contracted characters are allowed to sing. If you want to audition for one of those parts, I would suggest you look for auditions looking for singers. I would also reccomend that you do at least a semester of the college program before you audition, especially since you live so far away from Orlando. Not only does it look great on your resume (provided they do not hire you after you graduate), but you get the chance to network while still in college. Applications for the next semester don't come online until Feb. so you've got some time to think about it. If you want any more information about it, let me know! I have been interested in the program for about three years now, plus I have a friend who is going down next month! Hopefully it doesn't seem like I'm badgering you by singling you out for all of this information, just thought you could benefit the most from it!
    Break a leg to everyone auditioning today!