Page 317 of 544 FirstFirst ... 217267292307314315316317318319320327342367417 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,755 of 8152

Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin6592 View Post
    That's why I don't get the whole not being allowed to audition for a FC as a student in the CP. They have the greatest availability of anyone as the kids there for the CP are on WDW grounds almost 24/7. While I understand the point of the CP is to give you experience in the field your studying at college, it also wouldn't hurt to utilize said availability when needed, especially when a lot of the kids would gladly undertake a role of an FC.

Maybe I'll just aim to get an internship through the CP and audition just before summer began and live down there for the summer until my internship started. Of course, I have to get the internship before I do anything like that but it's worth thinking about.
    In WDW, CPs can do face, parades, and shows. However, be prepared to get crap from full-timers who feel that CPs shouldn't even exist, let alone get trained in things. It's DLR where CPs can't do parades/shows.

Quote Originally Posted by kcw View Post
    In WDW, CPs can do face, parades, and shows. However, be prepared to get crap from full-timers who feel that CPs shouldn't even exist, let alone get trained in things. It's DLR where CPs can't do parades/shows.
    Yes, However its rare for them to get trained in such things because they are there for such a short time period. Why would Disney spend the extra time/$ to train a CP when they will only be there for a few months when they could train a FT or PT who likely isn't leaving anytime soon?

Just got back from DLR FC auditions!! It was very fun experience. About 600 or so people showed up and tWas a very cold morning. But unlike the parade auditions FC auditions went very fast. The casting directors were very polite and sweet and non threatening.

Basically they brought people in in groups of 70, then had us stand in 7 lines of 10. Each person had a number infront of them and the casting directors swept by each of us and said "hello" "nice to see you" to each of us. Probably to hear us respond in what ways and voices. Then in a matter of two minutes they'd call out "#X please step to right and everyone else to the left".

I was fortunate enough to get to go the right! Perhaps 5 to 7 people were chosen from each group of 70. From there they dismissed the others and had us go into the room next door to fill forms, get measured and photographed.

Unfortuantely for me, they told me although they liked my look, there were no available roles for me currently. A soft blow I suppose. haha So they took photos of me for "pixie photos" in which they explained thru would superimpose the wig onto my headshots they took, and would give me a call when the role opened up.

So... yay?

But you'll bet your Mickey ears I'll be first in line at the next FC auditions since I know they liked me once!

I hope everyone else enjoyed the experience as I did, and those who made it past the lunch break, congrats! And break another leg!
    See it in your mind and you will find in your imagination; mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams.

When one door closes, another one opens... hopefully next time. :]

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMamikins View Post
    So... yay?

But you'll bet your Mickey ears I'll be first in line at the next FC auditions since I know they liked me once!

I hope everyone else enjoyed the experience as I did, and those who made it past the lunch break, congrats! And break another leg!
    Yes yay! Congrats on making it through!

Came back as well from a fun experience. Now I sort of understand how the process goes, and hopefully will come back more prepared and less scared. My presumptions were semi-correct. I'm a little disappointed at myself on how I could've stiffen up on something as simple as a small conversation . Overall, the wait goes by pretty quickly and Disney does make it very comfortable in ways. I was part of the last group of the day, and it went by in a jiffy, but in a very bittersweet way. The cast members were very sweet and supportive, and everybody is in the same game, so no need to sweat if you're planning on auditioning as well in the future.

It also appears that they might be casting princesses and possibly Flynns. One of the guys who made it in our group bore a striking resemblance to him!

What I would share though is that for those who haven't and want to, go for it! Even if it doesn't work on the first time, if you really desire to do it, keep on trying! It just adds to more experience, and with more knowledge of how things work, it should be more comfortable. Also, it's true to just be yourself, and let your spirit shine . Don't harden up into a scared rock like me.

So this my ending for now. Hopefully it'd work out better for me the next time (hopefully Soundsational!), perhaps that's a better shot, since I'm still Asian and short, hahaha.

Best wishes and CONGRATS to those who made it pass, and hopefully will come back tonight with GREAT NEWS! Can't wait!
    - Jonathan! :]

Re: When one door closes, another one opens... hopefully next time. :]

Congrats, MinnieMamikins!

I also went to the tryouts this morning, but sadly did not make the cut. It's okay though, I def prepared myself for that since I did expect about 600 people to show up. This was my 2nd Disney audition. I attended the Tokyo audition a couple of months back. Anyway, although I have only been to two auditions I have noticed a few things, and please correct me if I'm wrong. Clothing and make-up: Honestly, I would recommend wearing what YOU feel confident in. Other than that, no need to put too much thought to it. It's not what's important. Like the casting director said, "You are all very prepared, because you all showed up with your faces today and that's all we really need to see at this point." As long as you do not look like a slob, you're fine! Hair and make-up- Also, wear what you feel makes you look your best without over doing it. They do not care what your hair looks like because it will be under a wig. Basically, they are just taking a look at your facial features. The casting director's really couldn't be more friendly. It's a good atmosphere and nothing to get nervous about. They do not make you dance right off the bat. At the Tokyo audition they did, and even then it was a very easy dance. Also, because I know a lot of people read this thread and from hearing other's in line with me talk about the whole process, I would recommend going not expecting much. That does not mean that you should think that you son't have what it takes, but just be prepared for not making it. Out of 600+ girls, you have to be realistic. I'm not going to lie, after being let go I did feel a bit of discouragement, especially since it was the 2nd time. I would look at the people (guys and girls) they chose to keep and try to figure out exactly what they were looking for but you can't. I did predict (however) that they would keep the girl a couple up from me in line and the did. I predicted this because she resembled a girl I spoke with at the Tokyo auditions that they decided to keep. She was fair skinned, petite, light eyes, mousey (in a pretty way!), and had a little up-turned nose. I was able to see a group of people that went on before I went in for my audition too. All attractive guys and girls, some more than others. Some just average. I over heard and spoke to some girls in line that really had their hearts set on it, and said they didn't handle rejection well. You just have to have fun with it! If you don't get it, no biggie, just try next time, Everything happens for a reason and honestly, after not being picked for the second time I thought for a second "What's wrong with me?" and quickly snapped out of it. Nothing is! I have been auditioning for an assortment of things for quite some time and it gets discouraging after a while when you find yourself not getting what you want. I have always been confident in my looks and personality, but you can't let you get it down. If 20 something year old Angelina Jolie or Adrianna Lima were to walk into a Disney Audition tomorrow, I would not be surprised if she did not make it because it is very type casted. Just because you don't make it does not mean you are not pretty or something is wrong with you. It just means it wasn't meant to be right now. There was an adorable/ pretty girl not too far ahead of me that didn't make it on either. I found that surprising too, she seemed to have fit the mold but what to I know. Have fun with it, and do not take it to seriously because there is a big chance you will be let down. Everyone deserves to give it a shot though, because you never know what they are looking for. Sorry for the length of this, I know many of you already know this but since others (like me) check into this thread before and after auditions, I think it's important to remember (even though most of you already know this). I still know I'm a pretty girl (unless I'm delusional like some of those people on American Idol Haha jk. It's just good to be optimistic but realistic. Congrats to anyone that made it through, and no biggie if you didn't!
    Last edited by Princess Alana; 01-08-2011 at 03:04 PM.

• Future Princess

I'm so excited to be reading about the experiences you all had! Congrats to MinnieMamikins for making it through, and I'm so happy to hear that the others are optimistic It's just the kind of attitude Disney is looking for, and you all are beautiful people just for that

Can't wait to read more!

Talking Re: Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Hi everyone! I have been spending the past few months reading over all of the posts (and yes, it took me forever! but it did answer a lot of my questions). I plan on doing the WDWCP next school semester, hopefully as a double major in costuming and entertainment.
    Aladdin-Your vocals sounded great in the clip but I just wanted to forewarn you that even as a FC, you would not be allowed to sing unless a child specifically asks you to sing a particular song. Otherwise, only certain contracted characters are allowed to sing. If you want to audition for one of those parts, I would suggest you look for auditions looking for singers. I would also reccomend that you do at least a semester of the college program before you audition, especially since you live so far away from Orlando. Not only does it look great on your resume (provided they do not hire you after you graduate), but you get the chance to network while still in college. Applications for the next semester don't come online until Feb. so you've got some time to think about it. If you want any more information about it, let me know! I have been interested in the program for about three years now, plus I have a friend who is going down next month! Hopefully it doesn't seem like I'm badgering you by singling you out for all of this information, just thought you could benefit the most from it!
    Break a leg to everyone auditioning today!
    I gotcha! I know I wouldn't be singing as an FC I was just bored and wanted to post it! And thanks for all the info on the CP! Very helpful indeed!

Also, that idea about auditioning after partaking in the CP sounds like a fantastic idea. However, I'd like to get one more semester under my belt before I apply just so I can further boost my GPA. Do you know how often they post applications? I'm assuming every semester but I just wanted to clarify to make sure. I also want to get one more year of work experience at the camp I work at so I can include the fact that I've worked directly with children for an extensive amount of time.
    Last edited by Aladdin6592; 01-08-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Congratulations to everyone who auditioned! Even if you didn't make it through, know that your face will be recognised the next time you do and that this experience can only help you in the future!
    Aladdin-I think they maybe post four to five times a year? They have both semester and quarter programs so anyone can participate reguardless of what system your school is on, plus a culinary program that is pretty much on it's own schedule. You apply for only one semester/quarter but once you are down there you can apply for an extention into the next semester/quarter. After that, you either have to leave for at least one semester/quarter or apply for a professional internship with them, which means you would have to provide your own housing and transportation, plus plan on either quitting school or transferring to a local college. I plan on doing the extention (providing I get accepted at all) and spend at least one day "apartment hunting" in the greater WDW area to give myself an idea of where I'd like to live if I do get a job with them.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Actually, there were 801 people at the audition today... Welcome to the new Cast Members, best of luck next time to all those who didn't make it.

Hi everyone. So I am new to mice chat and I decided to join because I need any information that someone could help me with regarding Disneyland face character audition callbacks. (I hope I am posting in the correct spot) Here is my situation. I attended a face character audition for Hong Kong back on Nov 11 2010. They called out five girls, I was one of them and divided us into two groups. I was with two other girls and a lady introduced herself as the casting director for Anaheim Disneyland and said (this is here exact words as I remember them) they did not need to see anything further from us and they did not need us for Hong Kong, however they wanted us to work for Anaheim Disneyland instead. The other two girls in the other group were chosen for Hong Kong and they continued to do the dance routine for the Hong Kong casting director. Meanwhile they had me fill out a piece of paper with contact info and took pictures of each of us. and then asked each of us if we would be willing to relocate to Florida if they needed us too. After that they dismissed us. It has been almost two months and I have not heard anything! I am starting to feel like I didn't get the part and I should audition again. What do you guys think? Does anyone have a similar story where the call back was a good couple months later? Thank you!

Hi everyone. So I am new to mice chat and I decided to join because I need any information that someone could help me with regarding Disneyland face character audition callbacks. (I hope I am posting in the correct spot) Here is my situation. I attended a face character audition for Hong Kong back on Nov 11 2010. They called out five girls, I was one of them and divided us into two groups. I was with two other girls and a lady introduced herself as the casting director for Anaheim Disneyland and said (this is here exact words as I remember them) they did not need to see anything further from us and they did not need us for Hong Kong, however they wanted us to work for Anaheim Disneyland instead. The other two girls in the other group were chosen for Hong Kong and they continued to do the dance routine for the Hong Kong casting director. Meanwhile they had me fill out a piece of paper with contact info and took pictures of each of us. and then asked each of us if we would be willing to relocate to Florida if they needed us too. After that they dismissed us. It has been almost two months and I have not heard anything! I am starting to feel like I didn't get the part and I should audition again. What do you guys think? Does anyone have a similar story where the call back was a good couple months later? Thank you!

• A Weather Eye Open

why would you relocate to florida if they wanted you to work for anaheim disneyland, noelle3?
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Noelle3- If it was Disneyland, they may have been waiting to see how the auditions yesterday panned out, to see if they found someone (please pardon me for insinuating this!) "better suited" for the role before calling you back (i.e. someone who lived in the area already). However, if it was Disney World over Disneyland, I have no idea. I'm sorry I couldn't help more!

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    why would you relocate to florida if they wanted you to work for anaheim disneyland, noelle3?
    I think they asked her if she would relocate. I don't think she is suggesting it on her own accord. If you're asking why they asked her if she would relocate, probably because they might need an FC sooner at WDW than they would at DLR. Therefore, if the position or role they want her to play opens up there before it does in CA, then they would send her there.

Only 2 days until I go to WDW and only 4 days until a possible audition. I'm still unsure of whether or not to go! :/

First of all, Congrats to everyone who made it through the auditions yesterday! I loved reading about your experiences, and its making me even more excited for my audition on Thursday

Now, about my audition, are headshots absolutly nessesary in WDW? I've never had them done, and even though I knew I had a ton of time beforehand to get them, I didnt. So would it be really terrible if I showed up without one?